Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=bbfb67276a208360ee39f49a31971ab7Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Queen Apailana Brocade Colour

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Other Dignitaries
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jinski ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:31 pm    Post subject: Queen Apailana Brocade Colour Reply with quote

(If posted this in wrong please or something please direct me! Thank you!)

Long story story I have a friend who is selling their Queen Apailana but don't know if it would pass requirements as the description says 'Golden Silver Herringbone Patterned'

Now the pattern is indeed Herringbone but the colour is pretty much silver. (Pictures can be provided if requested!)

Just wondering if it would pass the requirements? There is still bits that need sorting but this is the main part that I'm a little bothered about..

Many thanks!!
SongofAmazon (Jenna)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My personal opinion is that of correct pattern, fabric weight, and correct color, you can really only find two of the three in fabrics currently available. So, as a judge, I would have some flexibility with the fabric as long as it looks "close." Silver is better than bright gold, but it would depend on what it looks like. Could you take a photo?

In planning and progress:
Riyo Chuchi, Havoc Trooper, Amilyn Holdo, Lilac Handmaiden, Sache

2019-2020 Charter Committee | She/Her
Jinski ()

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand Smile

Got a few photos of it being worn, some bits can be altered if needed and stuff but obviously this part is the part I'm most bothered about lol

Heres a few pictures Smile

SongofAmazon (Jenna)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I would let that pass. It has the right feel to it, and you got the right shape and weight for the fabric. It would probably be good to have another judge give a second opinion though.

The most important issue I see that needs changing, which you probably already know, is that the underskirt needs to be pleated.

I am really excited to see you with this costume. Mr. Green We need more Apailana's in the legion.

In planning and progress:
Riyo Chuchi, Havoc Trooper, Amilyn Holdo, Lilac Handmaiden, Sache

2019-2020 Charter Committee | She/Her
Jinski ()

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where could I get a second opinion from? haha

Ah yeah, knew that the pleating would need to be sorted out but not anything thats a huge issue Smile

Really happy that might get the opportunity to wear Apailana Very Happy
sehanine ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Smile

I think I can agree with Jenna and let the silver fabric go.

However, you have to add pleats mentioned before and somehow, when looking on the pics I have a feeling, that the obi is too wide. I've just calculated proportions and if you're around 165 tall, then it should be more or less 20 cm wide.

Also, it seems like the headdress needs more feathers. If your arms width is around 38cm and your face length 19, then feathers should have more or less 50cm width and 18cm length.
Jinski ()

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah that's a relief! that was my main concern!!

The headdress isn't included in the sale so will have that all sorted anyway Smile

I'm 157cm roughly (5'2) so will make adjustments to the costume accordingly Smile I knew I'd need to adjust it anyway because I'm short haha
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Other Dignitaries All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: