About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=4385f64a1e28821a02aa38e1eab55172Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

10/22/06 - Cure Autism Now 5K Walk: NYC

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Echo Base -> Echo Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MoriahthePariah (Moriah)
Archived Member Profile

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 2:06 pm    Post subject: 10/22/06 - Cure Autism Now 5K Walk: NYC Reply with quote

[I posted this in the Echo Base forums offsite as well, but it doesn't hurt to have it here too...]

Christina Romo of MEPA, the NYC Fanforce, has been interested for a while in having people participate in this walk-a-thon in Battery Park, so I figured this was a good place to post about it. I had a lot of fun when I did the AIDS Walk in Central Park in costume, and as always it's for a good cause. I'd really like for this to happen; I've been looking forward to it, and this is a personal cause for Chris. It'd be cool if we could get at least a dozen people for a team (or more!) though that's probably wishful thinking. We have strength in numbers. A couple of people walking in costume would just seem weird, but a big group of us would make an impact. (Chris was also thinking of designing t-shirts for anyone who'd like to walk but would prefer to be out of costume, or doesn't have a costume.)

The good thing about this is that since it's in October the weather won't be as hot.  

To find out more about Walk Now New York here's the link: http://www.kintera.org/faf/home/default.asp?ievent=144270

If there's enough interest here Chris or I will go form a team and start fundraising!

Reaper

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:49 pm    Post subject: 10/22/06 - Cure Autism Now 5K Walk: NYC Reply with quote

sorry, I'll be in Florida this weekend Sad
HothGirl ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 5:11 pm    Post subject: 10/22/06 - Cure Autism Now 5K Walk: NYC Reply with quote

Hope the event went well!  If you've have any pictures we'd love to see them. :-)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Echo Base -> Echo Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: