Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=cc9360d90b766875831ec2d75fd35967Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

** Celebration Anaheim Booth Signup **
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Events -> Star Wars Celebration - Anaheim 2020 -> Past Star Wars Celebrations
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lonescout (Angelo Marcano)
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Website Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:02 pm    Post subject: ** Celebration Anaheim Booth Signup ** Reply with quote

LCO UPDATE 3/24/15: Programming Schedule for Celebration is up. Please see this thread: http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=64082

Before making changes to your volunteer shift(s), be sure to read the rules regarding the changes. Most importantly, don't remove another person's name.

The sign up sheet will be LOCKED on Monday, April 6.

****************************************************************************************

It's time to volunteer for the Rebel Legion's Booth!

We'll need everyone to come together and help make our presence in Anaheim impressive, so please sign up and encourage others to do so as well. Don't just be a spectator -- be part of the show! If the slots are full don't worry, we still want members in costume all hours of the con to stop by, visit, and troop the booth.

Note: The con opens at 10:00 am and the set-up staff will be present at this time so it is not listed on the spreadsheet. All shifts start at 10:30 am, so those on the first shifts have time to get into the building.

Each shift will be 90 minutes long, and will have a 15 minute overlap with the next shift. So if you are running a little late for your next shift, we will still have coverage, but you WILL need to be at the booth by the end of the 15 minute window.

Volunteers can be in or out of costume while serving in the booth but please be mindful of what your job will be so that your costume will not be a hinderance (such as the camera person for the green screen area). Costumed volunteers are encouraged to use open-face, RL-approved costumes for table duty so that your vision and speech are not impaired when you talk to attendees. If you are not wearing a costume we suggest an RL shirt (available in the Rebel Legion Store) and your name badge if you have one.

Breakdown by area:

Recruiting/Detachment Tables
Volunteers are required to answer questions, talk about the Rebel Legion, recruit new members, and give out goodies (pens, tattoos).

Green Screen Photo Area
Camera Operator - This volunteer needs to be comfortable using a digital camera to take pictures.
Computer Operator - This volunteer needs to know about graphics and how to insert a Star Wars background into the green screen photo as well as emailing the photo to the recipient.
Line Control - This volunteer will make sure that the line for the green screen does not interfere with access to the booth or block any walkways.

Briefing Room
This volunteer oversees the Briefing Room area when there are no role-playing events going on. This person should be able to answer general questions about the Rebel Legion.
Volunteers will receive rewards based on the number of shifts worked.

The rewards are:
1 Shift: 1 RL Badge
2-3 shifts: 1 RL Volunteer patch (targeting computer)
4+ Shifts: 1 Special Volunteer Patch (The Mighty Yoda)

Volunteer Badge FINAL

Volunteer Patches

IMPORTANT INFORMATION
There will be a sign in sheet at the table each day. In order to track how many shifts you work, you will be responsible for signing in. If you forget to sign in then that shift WILL NOT count towards a reward.

The Rebel Legion Booth is not a storage locker.
If you have personal items with you they can be stored during your shift. Once your shift is over you are resposible for taking your personal belongings with you. Booth staff are not responsible for any personal items that end up missing!

Use the spreadsheet below to sign up. The spreed sheet is editable! Therefore once a member name is filled in a field, "DO NOT REMOVE IT!" Do Not post the link Anywhere!

The spreadsheet will be locked in on 4/12/15. If, during Celebration, you cannot keep to your shift time, please let one of the booth supervisors (Legion CO, Sunrider BCO, or Sunrider BXO) know as soon as possible so that we can find a replacement.

Note Regarding Volunteer time: Rebel Legion volunteer time is not the same thing as Celebration volunteer time for ReedPOP. They are two different types of volunteer duty. This volunteer time is for Rebel Legion activities only and has no connection to the rest of the convention. Time spent volunteering for the Rebel Legion does not factor in to any hours needed to obtain perks from ReedPOP.

Edited by the LCO on 3/24/15 at 1:09pm Pacific
Former RL Liaison to the FLG
Former BSN Admid.

Last edited by Lonescout (Angelo Marcano) on Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:48 am; edited 2 times in total
Suzijedi (Suzanne Stelling)
LCJ Support Staff
LCJ Support Staff

Medals: 13 (View more...)
Celebration Europe 2 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could the roles be explained a bit more if possible (e.g. what is the Recruiting Rep, Computer person meant to do)?

Just so people know what they're letting themselves in for Wink
501st UK Garrison #4696 (retired)
Grey Jedi (Donna Keeley)
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: 9 (View more...)
Celebration Europe 3 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Breakdown by area.

Recruiting/Detachment Tables
Volunteers are required to answer questions, talk about the Rebel Legion, recruit new members, and give out goodies (pens, tattoos).

Green Screen Photo Area
Camera Operator - This volunteer needs to be comfortable using a digital camera to take pictures.
Computer Operator - UPDATE: We have been informed that a lot of this process is done automatically through a service, so the job may be just uploading the images.
Line Control - This volunteer will make sure that the line for the green screen does not interfere with access to the booth or block any walkways.

Briefing Room
This volunteer oversees the Briefing Room area when there are no role-playing events going on. This person should be able to answer general questions about the Rebel Legion.

Last edited by Grey Jedi (Donna Keeley) on Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Ammi Ziva ()
Legion PR Officer
Legion PR Officer

Medals: 4 (View more...)
Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Signed Up!!

I've done crowd control for conventions in the past!!

Ammi Ziva
"We are the living Force."
scthottie2 (Scott Miller)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Signed up for some shifts! I'm very excited to be able to help out!
Active Legion Member

Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't wait!
Signed up for Recruiting Rep, back-to-back. Mr. Green Cool Mr. Green

Jedi Knight Zhar Tah-Jot
Republic Commando - Fixer (Four-Oh)
Willrow Hood (Ice Cream Maker Guy, [ICMG])

" . . . it takes many Jedi to undo the mistakes of one."
Grey Jedi (Donna Keeley)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are AMAZING at recruiting, John. And great at interacting with the attendees. Thumbs up

I suspect it has something to do with that clown suit in your closet. Wink
Base Membership Officer

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Silver Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Signed up for a couple of shifts - I'm looking forward to this! Mr. Green
Imrageth ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 7 (View more...)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Myself and my gf signed up for 2 shifts for now. If necessary we will do more but I will be looking after the live stream as well so don't want to overcommit. We will see how it goes.
Delpa Gival (Patrick Delieto)
Assistant Captain of the Guard
Assistant Captain of the Guard

Hurricane Sandy Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Signed up. If I can do more I will if the spots are still open.

MTFBWY

Echo Base CO 2012 -2015
Legion Council 2017-2018
Hawkbat 18
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Grey Jedi (Donna Keeley)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roman, your commitment to the Live Stream is your volunteer time. You don't need to do extra shifts.

Also, there are about 4 Exhibitor Badges I'm holding out for non-Sunrider members. These badges get you in before the con starts and you can stay late after the con closes - mostly for set up and close down each day. The badges are reserved for people who are willing to take responsibility for one of the following two areas:

- Recruiting/Detachment tables (2 people, 4-5 hours each day)
- Green Screen area (2 people, 4-5 hours each day)

We need people willing to be there either first thing in the morning (set up) or stay after the con in the evening (close down) and be responsible for that specific area. That includes making sure volunteers sign in for shifts, that the areas have the supplies they need, and handling minor incidences (like filling in for a volunteer who didn't show for their shift).

For those who have done large conventions you know that they are WORK. I'm working the entire con, so I probably won't see anything other than the RL booth for 4 days. But that's okay because I'm crazy like that. Wink

So the plus side is you get free admission to Celebration. The down side is you are expected to work. And because I'm a mom I will not hesitate to take away your badge if you aren't doing what you promised to do. That's how I roll. R2 D2
Active Legion Member

Star Wars Reads Day 2014 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Signed up for 4 slots. Sounds like it's going to be fun.
MrTexas (Chris Hummel)
Legion Council
Legion Council

Paris Support Badge (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can handle the green screen area for sure, I can bring my own laptop as well for the photo editing and putting in pictures if need be. I get bored easily at cons and love working them as much as I can. 4-5 hours a day would be awesome if you would have me there! If so do I need to sign up on the sheet?

I was a lead volunteer for Official Pics at several cons, have worked at 2 celebrations and about 15 other cons with 15k+ people, and was in charge of about 100 volunteers at a time while doing it, so dealing with about 10 at a time is easy! Plus Im great with graphic effects
Legion Council
Legion Council

Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another great chance for people to help would be face characters to help out in the green screen area for pictures, if anyone knows someone with a spare R2 unit as well that could be great over there. Or just anyone that wants to bring any props with them for people to use (Sabers, blasters, old helmets you dont mind 100 people a day wearing)
Rebel Legion Reserve

Paris Support Badge (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrTexas wrote:
I can handle the green screen area for sure, I can bring my own laptop as well for the photo editing and putting in pictures if need be. I get bored easily at cons and love working them as much as I can. 4-5 hours a day would be awesome if you would have me there! If so do I need to sign up on the sheet?

I was a lead volunteer for Official Pics at several cons, have worked at 2 celebrations and about 15 other cons with 15k+ people, and was in charge of about 100 volunteers at a time while doing it, so dealing with about 10 at a time is easy! Plus Im great with graphic effects

As I understand it, the system is self-contained and comes with everything needed. Not sure exactly how it works but I found out yesterday that the pictures are offered through an online service that people visit and download their pictures.

The entire system is the property of Jeff "darthhair" from Mountain Base so he will be responsible for instructing our volunteers on how the system works.

We do have a local R5 unit that has been offered for the booth space so the droid can split its time between the Briefing Room and the green screen area. Smile

The Exhibitor Badge is yours if you want it, Chris. Just need to know if you're taking the morning shift or afternoon shift. Plus I still owe you a drink. Wink (PM me for more details on the badge)
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Events -> Star Wars Celebration - Anaheim 2020 -> Past Star Wars Celebrations All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: