Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=eee7f45d7c59dbc11790bd8ab54dc7a3Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

joliet face off request
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Nar Shaddaa Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hartss ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:53 pm    Post subject: joliet face off request Reply with quote

Jody who is organising the joliet libray event has made a request for jedi. He has had an idea for a possible face off between jedi and sith and was wondering how many jedi would be interesting in participating. he has put up a thread on WI garrison to get feedback

http://midwestgarrison.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=179&t=16084

heres the idea if you are not a member. Nick and I are up for it, it could be alot of fun and a big crowd pleaser

Looking for feed back and thoughts for this idea.????? :blink:

Always adding to this event I was kicking around an idea with a few members last year and even Nick and John the light sabers sword fighters.
This would be a kind of roll playing and for fun for all involved including the public.

Think of the old super friends cartoon from when we were kids. At the end of the opening you see the super friends coming as a group from the left side of the screen and the legion of doom members from the right and clash in the middle of the screen. This would be along those lines.

On Clinton Street in front of the RT 66 Diner next to the library is the cross hairs location.
What we would do is pick a time during the event like 1 pm? and rally all the Jedi to be in front of t he museum and all the sith and bad guys be on Chicago street on the other side of the library. People start seeing the good guys gather here and the bad guys gather there, they will know something is going on. A disturbance in the force you might say..We set it up where each side comes walking down Clinton street from each end and meet about 40 fee apart in the middle of Clinton. They stop there and (Skit still to be worked out) say Vader threaten the Jedi group in some kind of movie line. Then the Jedi mouth off and throw it back at him and his Sith group. This can go back and fourth a couple times. Then Nick and John each the pro sword fighters that show up. Each one would step out of aside as kind of the battler for that side and light saber duel it out in the middle of the two groups. Each group cheering and egging on for their Jedi or Sith fighter.
All this while the public looks on. Maybe then the end could be one side together as a team does the FORCE PUSH against the other side . The other side all kinda takes a step back like there were hit by the force and it ends there. Both side turn and walk away and just disperse back into the crowds.

Nick and John are in for the Idea , pending how many others want to play along.
I would get the Joliet police Dept and the library staff to help with crowd control during this to keep the street clear before and during the roll playing battle event.

This would work, figure you have the Jedi from the rebel legion who seem to be showing up each year in bigger numbers. Then we get Vader, Maul , Dark Lord, other sith and being secured by a large number of security Stormtroopers . We could have the stormtroopers walking in a large group with the sith lords in the center for protection then split apart when they cross the Jedi . Thats when Lord Vader steps out with his team to face down the jedi.

This would be something that we just do and not made public to the public on a time schedule maybe? It could be a way for us in costume to further interact with the kids and public. Like by say having a jedi walk up and ask a kid or family. Did you hear if the dark lord and his band of cronies still think they can take on the jedi? Heard something about them tying into it on Clinton around one pm?? Kind of to get the word around in a fun way. Same with when you are doing a picture with a family. Lean over and tell the kids to watch out . there is a disturbance in the force today,,,do you feel it? This would be a lot of fun for us and for the kids to see go down.

Please let me know your thoughts if this is a good idea Smile , fun idea Very Happy , needs help idea Confused: or to much and not worth it idea Crying or Very sad

I will be willing to help put it together and work with both sides or if someone from each side would like to rally their side and meet in the middle so to say we can do that. We have six months to come up with some fun ideas.
The things said can be from the movies, comics or even books. Look at it like reenacting but from a future war in a galaxy far far away.

Thoughts??????
Schph Gochi (Phyllis Schulte)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 18 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 4)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting....
Jody is ever the promoter...

what do our other Jedi think?

I am always up for a little butt kicking...
Wink

http://livefromthegalaxyfarfaraway.blogspot.com/
Tymae Yarmoo ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What time and how many lightsabers can I bring!!!!!!

Count me in. This will be epic.
hartss ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

he was thinking about 1pm. i figured we would be able to get a decent turnout of jedi, depends on the 501. just imagine if we could get all the sith lords from the films together to face us, what a photo oppurtunity
Active Legion Member

Colorado Wildfires 2012 Relief Award (Amount: 2)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

to be more convincing...
we might need to do a training session beforehand?

don't know how we could work out the logistics of that...
but...
might be a good idea...

hartss ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think the plan is for all to face off but just me and nick fight in the middle while you lot taunt each other
Active Legion Member

Gold Star (Amount: 4)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol...

mass sparring!!

hartss ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i thought after we fight it would look cool if we did something like this with all the sith lords, like a flash mob for the crowd to take pics
Active Legion Member

Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ooooohhhhhh
I like that idea...

Tymae Yarmoo ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe we can get some stormtroopers to volunteer to be decapitated. White buckets rolling down the street......really traumatize the children of Joliet.
Active Legion Member

Celebration Europe 3 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tymae Yarmoo wrote:
Maybe we can get some stormtroopers to volunteer to be decapitated. White buckets rolling down the street......really traumatize the children of Joliet.

better yet!!!!

Laughing

hartss ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think the 501 will have something to say about that Wink
Active Legion Member

Hurricane Sandy Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

Jedimeg16 (Megan)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the date of this event? I should have our Jedi outfits done by then.

Member:
Nar Shaddaa Base (Illinois and Wisconsin)
Knights of the Jedi Order
Temple of the Howling Moon (Nar Shaddaa Jedi Temple)
Woulf ()
Nar Shaddaa Base CO
Nar Shaddaa Base CO

Medals: 13 (View more...)
Colorado Wildfires 2012 Relief Award (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pretty sure Master Fisto will be there.

"Take my love. Take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. I don't care, I'm still free. You can't take the sky from me."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Nar Shaddaa Base All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: