About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=1136912efc0fac3f625c4a45d138f44eMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

06 WorldCon in Anaheim August 23-27

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Sunrider Base -> Sunrider Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robeewankenobi (Robert Estrada)
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:50 am    Post subject: 06 WorldCon in Anaheim August 23-27 Reply with quote

I know, I know Comic con will whip out most people but if you are up for the challenge then please post.

I would like to have a Sunrider table but I want to make sure it will man at least 80% of the time.

Donna, who has our banner?

More to come

Rob

http://www.laconiv.org/2006/reg/reg.htm

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Grey Jedi (Donna Keeley)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:47 pm    Post subject: 06 WorldCon in Anaheim August 23-27 Reply with quote

This is WorldCon, the world science fiction convention. I believe there is another thread on this but it could be buried.

This convention is not a "media" convention like Comic-con. It is more of a science fiction literature convention where they give out the publishing awards (the Hugo and the Nebula) for the best science fiction and fantasy stories of the year.

Shawn Crosby (Obi-Shawn) is one of the organizers so your best bet would be to get in touch with him about table space. I will not be there as an attendee because I am working for Sue Dawe and, as her agent, "schmoozing" several companies to get her art commissions. However, if there are fan tables, the rest of you are welcome to run it.

Rob, I own the banner and I can bring it with me and take it home at the end of the convention.
3720to1 (Rion Pieper)
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:12 pm    Post subject: 06 WorldCon in Anaheim August 23-27 Reply with quote

i definately will not be going
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:48 pm    Post subject: 06 WorldCon in Anaheim August 23-27 Reply with quote

Ok team,

I've trying to get our group in for free to this event but I need a solid number of attendees.

Please sound off if you can make this event in Anaheim.

Thanks

Rob

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Grey Jedi (Donna Keeley)
Active Legion Member

Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:56 am    Post subject: 06 WorldCon in Anaheim August 23-27 Reply with quote

Well, if I can get in for free then put me down. I haven't heard whether I have a membership or not through Sue and this way I can kill two birds with one stone.

Thanks for taking this on, Rob.
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 3:19 am    Post subject: 06 WorldCon in Anaheim August 23-27 Reply with quote

Sure Donna,

Team I need to know ASAP!  Please PM or ask your friends.

Thanks

Rob

Tigerantilles (Gregor Sink)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:10 am    Post subject: 06 WorldCon in Anaheim August 23-27 Reply with quote

Problem is, Worldcon is the same week classes start.  I'm going to try to go for one day, but I'll be darned if I know which day that'll end up being. 
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Master--Kenobi (Kim Leigh)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 2:13 am    Post subject: 06 WorldCon in Anaheim August 23-27 Reply with quote

Had to bail on this one.  As much as we wanted to go (and already had rooms)...but with finishing up Mom and Dad's house...AND it being the first week back at work....

Just bad timing.. (I wish it would go back to Labor Day Weekends)...Anyways.. since my Admin has already given me pre-approved time off for CIV next year, I'm not rocking the boat. LOL

Everyone go and have a great time!!!!!!

Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:59 am    Post subject: 06 WorldCon in Anaheim August 23-27 Reply with quote

Then this event is dead.   Sad
Tigerantilles (Gregor Sink)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:17 pm    Post subject: 06 WorldCon in Anaheim August 23-27 Reply with quote

I believe I will be all over Friday.  Even with the event being dead and all, if anyone wants to hang I'll prolly be in Jedi unless by some miracle my Mal gets finished by then. 

Gregor

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Grey Jedi (Donna Keeley)
Active Legion Member

CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:36 pm    Post subject: 06 WorldCon in Anaheim August 23-27 Reply with quote

This particular convention has several things against it:

1. It's too expensive for registration.

2. It's more literature-related.

3. It's not media oriented like Comic-Con.

4. It's expensive.

Thanks for trying, Rob.
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:57 pm    Post subject: 06 WorldCon in Anaheim August 23-27 Reply with quote

No big deal, I know we would make a good impact plus pick up some new members.

Now!  We could try talking our way in if we were a group of Rebel Fleet troops

If we got our costums on before we got to the con and then allow me do the talking at the door we might be able to BS our way in.  But that would be bad and I would or have never not that

Grey Jedi (Donna Keeley)
Active Legion Member

Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 3:56 pm    Post subject: 06 WorldCon in Anaheim August 23-27 Reply with quote

Naw, we're supposed to be the good guys and since the 501st won't be there either then we don't have an excuse to "storm" the place.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Sunrider Base -> Sunrider Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: