Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=36896800cb8a75aed944ce3ff533855aMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

B-wing Pilot Helmet, Chestbox and Greeblies Build
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> B-Wing Pilots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blue Banshee Leader (Alex Buirch)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are movie costumes that were worn to the launch of the original Star Tours. You kind of have to take most of the picture with a grain of salt... It's not extremely accurate, I mean even the one X-wing pilot doesn't have a chestbox, the Y-wing pilot has an A-wing pilot helmet, one B-wing pilot has an A-wing pilot helmet, as does the chestboxless X-wing pilot... It looks like they were just tossed on real quick without much thought. But it's a pretty good reference for colors because of the daylight.

The circular greeblie on that B-wing pilot's chestbox, whether it's painted on, intended or a greeblie of some sort, is larger than the one in the Costumes book (and the round greeblies on the chestboxes that also have the orange and red "button" squares and it's positioned slightly differently.

As for the racewear... Yeah, the original coveralls were from a racewear company in England. I can't remember the name... Something Racewear... It's listed in the Costumes book. When I looked through the website they had no prices on any of their items, and the motto I usually live by is that if a store doesn't list the prices then you really don't want to know what the price is. Don't ask because you can't afford it. Razz

-My Homepage-
-Cosplay.com Profile-
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Toda ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work!

"Any pilot who volunteers to fly an A-wing better be brave or crazy. Probably helps to be a little of both."
―General Han Solo
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. Smile

Got some more work on the chestbox done this weekend. It's almost done, though I chipped one of the small circular holes and had to fill it back in. Once the front it done I need to do just a little work on the back and it'll be finished.

-My Homepage-
-Cosplay.com Profile-
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Howlrunner ()

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really looking forward to seeing your B-Wing helmet done. I've always wanted this helmet, but since the Costumes book came out, I now REALLY want to add the helmet to my collection. The work you've done on yours looks great - especially like the attention to detail with the 3D printed greeblies! Very Happy
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. Smile

I've been chugging away on the various things. I think the helmet is pretty much done. The back edge isn't as round as I would like, but it's about the best I can do because I don't have any more room to work on the edge, it's too close to the part in the middle that was filled in with resin... The edge will just have to be finished on the cast itself, which is probably no big deal, seeing as extra resin will have to be trimmed off, anyway.

The chestbox is almost finished. I should be able to get it finished before January without much problem.

I've also made a few more greeblie models, and I went back and improved the models for the B-wing and Y-wing pilot flak vest circuit board greeblies. I still have a few more greeblies to go... x.x

-My Homepage-
-Cosplay.com Profile-
Howlrunner ()

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool. Have you by any chance done work on greeblies for the A-Wing? I'm sure I remember seeing 3D modelled A-Wing greeblies in a thread somewhere, but I can't remember where.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made the round A-wing pilot flak vest greeblie, which I have a picture of the model in my first post in this thread, but the helmet or chestbox greeblies I have not. Ywingfighter has made some of the helmet greeblies to go with his helmet cast. I'm assuming that Paleosilex will be casting the chestbox greeblies.

If there's a desire for them I could probably whip up some other A-wing pilot greeblie models, but if so that wont be until after I finish the B-wing pilot greeblies. Some greeblies, however, do carry over between pilots and I've made models of them, such as the round A-wing pilot flak vest greeblie that also goes on the B-wing pilot helmet, and the Y-wing pilot flak vest greeblie that also goes on one style of the B-wing pilot flak vest (with two of the bolts removed), and of course the belt box that all three of the RotJ pilot classes have. I have models for all of those.

-My Homepage-
-Cosplay.com Profile-
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the helmet is all finished up and ready to make a mold of. So that's good news. The chestbox is also almost finished... I fell a little behind on it, partly because I'm such a dang perfectionist that I keep changing every little thing I see until I drive myself crazy, and partly because I was struggling with getting the circle cut in the top center to be a perfect circle... But I think I finally got it with the last bit of clay that I added to it so I just need to let the clay dry and then I can sand it and then I'll seal it, which will fill in and smooth out the pores in the foam and protect the clay.

I'm pretty pleased with how it's turned out so far.

I've also made a bunch more greeblie models and improved a few that I've already shown (including the B-wing and Y-wing flak vest circuit board and bulkhead connector greeblies). I also found a place to print them off pretty cheaply, and will print off the belt box for much less than $95. I've also improved the model for the belt box. Though I don't have any pictures yet.

-My Homepage-
-Cosplay.com Profile-
ywingfighter (Frank)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great work,Alex! I don't forgett you....visor is in the works.Looking forward for a helmet.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to hear. Smile

-My Homepage-
-Cosplay.com Profile-
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the helmet and chestbox are pretty much ready for making molds of, but I've been having a hard time scraping up the money to get the supplies (resin and rubber) to make them. I've been trying but it just hasn't been working out too well. I hate to say it, but as a last resort I might see if some people might be up to putting down a deposit. A $100 deposit from three people would pay for the supplies and what-not. I hate taking money from people without having anything to give in return but I don't think that I'm going to be able to scrape the money together myself, unfortunately.

I'm not entirely sure what the total cost for the finished pieces will be as I haven't made any yet, but I'm estimating around $400-450 (and that's on the high end, it might not be that much), and that would include the helmet, chestbox, belt box, and the full sets greeblies for all of them of the buyer's choice (for those who aren't on my Facebook page, I have about 34 different B-wing pilot greeblies, not including about two more that I need to finish, so there's a lot to choose from). The deposit would, of course, be subtracted from the final cost of the finished pieces.

I have a midterm coming up on Wednesday so right now I have most of my efforts focused on that, but I should have some more information up on Thursday or Friday, and probably a thread in the sale section of the forum. So yeah... Just thought I'd mention it... >>;;

-My Homepage-
-Cosplay.com Profile-
ywingfighter (Frank)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Deposite is no problem for me Alex! But I am interessted for the helmet only.
RebelJedi77 (Jason Stoxen)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Boston Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good to me Alex. Starting from nothing, I will definitely need all of those! I will be watching for the "preorder" thread!
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good. Smile

I should have a better update by Thursday or Friday, like I said.

-My Homepage-
-Cosplay.com Profile-
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing I forgot to mention, the price will also include the flak vest greeblies except for the computer connector part that goes onto the patch of white material. They're still available and easy to find so I figured that would look much better. Smile

Also, not that anyone probably is too interested here, but I'll also have the rank badge for Admiral Ackbar available. Turns out that Admiral Ackbar's rank badge is made up of the chestbox trench greeblie from the B-wing pilot seen in the Costumes book and two of the Y-wing pilot flak vest greeblies (which I have made models of), plus one other greeblie that I swear that I've seen somewhere but can't seem to place it.

-My Homepage-
-Cosplay.com Profile-
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> B-Wing Pilots All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: