Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=945eecf902abb0a6b41d6f4fde59a1e6Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Rebel Pilots Dress Uniform / Costume
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> EU Pilots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
edgejedi (Jase Fox)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 1:08 pm    Post subject: Rebel Pilots Dress Uniform / Costume Reply with quote

Just looking for help for one of my members to create a costume for when the pilots leave their traditional Orange and dress formally - can anyone help out please with pics or links?

thanks!

IndustrialSizeEd (Ed Cook)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 1:24 pm    Post subject: Rebel Pilots Dress Uniform / Costume Reply with quote

There's a thread in the Rebel Commanders forum on this costume. Check it out here.

This is a costume I really want to do as well.
Reaper

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 3:34 pm    Post subject: Rebel Pilots Dress Uniform / Costume Reply with quote

It's ironic that the pilot's dress uniform ended up in the Commanders section, but the same uniform with Grey pants is the Officer's uniform, I guess that's how it happened.

I'd do a modified version of it as well (Not likely to get me into tights without losing close to 75 lbs Wink)

BurntTheMacaroni (Ashley Byram)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 4:08 pm    Post subject: Rebel Pilots Dress Uniform / Costume Reply with quote

you could always make them looser tights..... I made mine one size up from my normal size..

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
IndustrialSizeEd (Ed Cook)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 4:43 pm    Post subject: Rebel Pilots Dress Uniform / Costume Reply with quote

Yeah, when I finally get around to putting this costume together, I think I'll stick with a pair of black slacks...no tights for me either.
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 5:10 pm    Post subject: Rebel Pilots Dress Uniform / Costume Reply with quote

originally i was just going to go with the black slacks and turtleneck.. But i kinda wanted it to be exact.. and well.. yea...

That and having a long sleeve shirt on with a coat over it is no fun in the summer Sad

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Phrog (Beth Spires)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 10:49 pm    Post subject: Rebel Pilots Dress Uniform / Costume Reply with quote

I have one of these costumes that I made up years ago.  I used black stirrup pants.  They don't fit quite so snugly as tights and are easy to fit into boots.  I need to rework the jacket so it fits better.  It's on my list of things to do. *sigh*

Beth

WookieeGunner ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 4:08 pm    Post subject: Rebel Pilots Dress Uniform / Costume Reply with quote

Actually, I put it there because it was my understanding that the costume was a "New Republic Officer's Uniform" not specifically a Pilot's Formalwear.

Oh and for all you "I don't want to wear tights, they make my butt look big".  I easily out mass any of you and I wear tights with mine. 

Jack Killian (Andrew Marsh)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 6:36 pm    Post subject: Rebel Pilots Dress Uniform / Costume Reply with quote

i need to study the insignia closer...will anyone be bringing there formalwear pilot to dragoncon this year...

I am still working on the sash
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reaper

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:40 pm    Post subject: Rebel Pilots Dress Uniform / Costume Reply with quote

This is described as a New Republic pilots Dress Uniform, the same Jacket with grey pants was suggested as a fleet uniform, but I haven't seen anything about that personally.
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:18 pm    Post subject: Rebel Pilots Dress Uniform / Costume Reply with quote

Quote: Originally posted by Jack Killian on 26 June 2006

i need to study the insignia closer...will anyone be bringing there formalwear pilot to dragoncon this year...

I am still working on the sash

I might be, if i complete it in time. In other words, i need to get off my bum and finish it! I have the unitard done, just need to add the zipper.
WookieeGunner ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:50 pm    Post subject: Rebel Pilots Dress Uniform / Costume Reply with quote

In the initial description from the Rogue Squadron books, it is mentioned that Pilots wear a black undersuit and Fleet wear a grey one.
Hawk-Bat ()

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 5:53 am    Post subject: Rebel Pilots Dress Uniform / Costume Reply with quote

There is also a pic of Tycho Celchu in one in the New Essintial guide to Charaters
Phrog (Beth Spires)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just giving this thread a bump as many people asked about the costume at the CIV RL dinner.

Beth
Reaper

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

all the costumes were great, and I definately wouldn't mind getting one Smile

Need to add it to the collection lol
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> EU Pilots All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: