About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=c1bf7bd72c6ce7291e878f00f47873e5Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

High Profile Event Anime Expo
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Sunrider Base -> Sunrider Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
3720to1 (Rion Pieper)
Archived Member Profile

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:32 am    Post subject: High Profile Event Anime Expo Reply with quote

any pictures?
Jedi Loreen (Lori Procopio)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 4:48 am    Post subject: High Profile Event Anime Expo Reply with quote

Yeah, Loren has pics of it. But you will see Revan at Comic-Con. wink
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Robeewankenobi (Robert Estrada)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 6:27 pm    Post subject: High Profile Event Anime Expo Reply with quote

Sorry I haven't updated everyone after Sunday it was work, work and more work.  We just got in Halloween at my store....crazy!

Anyway here is your report......

We were there on Saturday and toured the main exhibition hall.  It did seem like ING and that is because they use the convention centers booths etc. 

This is the word I got by Obi Shawn "AX, is clueless at this point since they haven't got a head "CEO".  Now they are in deep water.  They even missed their application to the Anaheim Convention center for next year.  So, now it is being planned at Long Beach."  This convention has out grown it self in a major way.  They do not know how to handle the crowd nor their attendees.  Anyway enough on that.

When we toured the main exhibit hall with two Jedi, one Padawan and a samurai storm trooper.  We talked to some of the star wars costume folks and invited them to join our base.  It was mostly PR work that we were there for.  We checked out at 4:00 PM.  The up side was that all the star wars costumes were a hit and the crowd loved us. Hopefully we'll get some new members (main goal). I did Vader for an hour and that was enough since that costume is VERY hot!

I will post some pictures today for everyone to see.

Thanks all who went and there is another convention coming up in August...FYI
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Grey Jedi (Donna Keeley)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 6:57 pm    Post subject: High Profile Event Anime Expo Reply with quote

Thanks for the update, Rob.

If you're talking about WorldCon in August, I don't know if they are offering free fan tables. I will be working in the Dealer Room and I can't organize this; so any of your guys are welcome to follow up.

However, the organizers of this con are being very tightfisted. My client and I had to buy the $175 membership just to get a table in the Dealer Room. I've never had this happen before; and we don't know if we'll be getting any complimentary badges so I may be selling more collectibles to come up with the money to buy myself a badge. Sheesh. *rolling eyes*
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 6:33 pm    Post subject: High Profile Event Anime Expo Reply with quote

Here are some pics

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 6:35 pm    Post subject: High Profile Event Anime Expo Reply with quote

Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 6:36 pm    Post subject: High Profile Event Anime Expo Reply with quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Sunrider Base -> Sunrider Archive All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: