Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=5761474a99e0f8adaca5dc3ba60bb707Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

New Website annoucment

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Great Lakes Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Briankenobi (Brian Pauley)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:41 am    Post subject: New Website annoucment Reply with quote

Hey everyone. This message is being posted on the GLB page, facebook page, and main forum page. As some know GLG webmaster Rome but together a beta forum page on our forums since our current one is running on an outdated version that now won't allow profiles to be changed and permissions to be changed either. I should have though about this earlier so I apologize for that. I am posting the beta site link here for people to play around with to see if the bugs that people are running into are fixed. Now, this won't have any new threads on it. This is basically a clone of our forums from a couple months ago. Your username and password are the same. The original idea was to get all the logos and pics over to this and then roll it out, but with to many members having issues, the idea now is to have people make sure it works, then roll it out in its current form and then add all the bells and whistles later.

Now with that being said, for this version the event sign up option and the medals system will not be there. Both of those things were custom designed. Both of those options are the possibility to be added later. So play around with this and post up if the issues that plagued you work on this version.

http://dev.greatlakesbase.com/forum/

"Why do I get the feeling we have picked up another pathetic lifeform." - Obi Wan Kenobi
Briankenobi (Brian Pauley)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey everyone. This is being posted in the members section of our local site, main site, and facebook page. The upgrade for the site will be done this weekend. I know I have corrected some things for members on the beta site that couldn't happen on our site now. We will have to do that again on the live site. So if you contacted me about a change, please do so again so it can be taken care of.

Also, since the new site can't run the medal system at this point in time, we are trying to have our current site still be around but not "live" so to speak. It would be like how the beta site is now. Meaning you could still log it and stuff. We could still award medals and such. If that can't happen, which is a possibility, I would suggest that those who like the system for keeping track of your events to keep a list yourselves. We shall see if we can keep the site active for medals and once we get the site updated and such, we can see about getting the medal process back. Can't promise anything that this time though.

"Why do I get the feeling we have picked up another pathetic lifeform." - Obi Wan Kenobi
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Great Lakes Base All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: