Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=3be12162469fe563ba2a003e85cfe79dMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Senate Guard - Ep. III WIP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Senate Guards
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jjfarner ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:36 pm    Post subject: Senate Guard - Ep. III WIP Reply with quote

So, I am on my way to make this happen. I have just gotten back into this from a hiatus due to work and life in general. I REALLY want to be the first Senate Guard in the Tampa Bay area. So, here are some pics of my costume so far...

Just some quick notes, the bucket needs finish sanding, paint and the plume attached. The face shield (lens) needs to still be finish shaped and installed (and some fans, Florida is HOT).

Bucket Pic 1

Bucket Pic 2

Force Pike

I am also looking to find a "biker" blaster for the costume as that is able to be approved also (at least it was last time I checked). I need to revisit the CRL. Just not sure how to carry it (holster, etc.)

Ok, so, I have searched the net for a good "jump suit" to go underneath and this is what I found. I ordered the "Postman Blue" and they shipped the "Electric Blue". Whoops. Here is a link to the actual color I ordered. They should be shipping out the correct color once I get this one sent back.

http://www.awawork.com/ct10pb.html

Here is the material I will be using for the robe, with both arms open, but closed in the back. I have looked at quite a few different types of material and this one is the the best I have found for color and acceptability for the heat of the south. I found it at Jo Ann Fabrics! It actually looks incredibly close to the screen Senate Guards in my humble opinion. It also will give a bit of a "flow" when you walk and hangs very well!

I still need to figure out gauntlets (gloves).

For the boots, I will use the same boots I use for my 501st Imperial Officer. I have both knee high and "ropers".

Tall boots (coveralls tucked in), pardon the Imperial uniform:

Ropers (under the coveralls):

I encourage all comments, questions and suggestions.

I know I am forgetting something...anyways...thanks for any and all input!!!

Well, I guess that is it...I will post more pics when I have some more progress and I will be checking in here more often now that I am back working on this project. Smile
501st TKID 10409
Daddy Solo ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Website Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howdy, and welcome to the wonderful world of the "blue guys". I too started off as an EpIII guard, but found the helmet w/ the face shield to be unbearably stifling. In the end, I modded the crest of my helmet to the EPI/II variant so as to be a bit cooler. Otherwise, I like the color choices you're making. I think the robe material is much closer to the screen accurate dusty blue than the royal blue traditionally used. In case you haven't seen it, here is a thread I posted about just such a discussion.

http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=53463

As for the blaster, it's not shown anywhere on screen so I don't think it's included in the standards for Ep III. I do have some screengrabs from the clone wars which show an interesting variant/evolution of the Senate guards who probably carry blasters.

Regardless, best of luck and I'd love to see how this progresses!

Last edited by Daddy Solo () on Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
jjfarner ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THANKS! I am checking the thread out now. I will post up pictures as I get farther along. We have an armor party coming up and I plan on getting the helmet moved along.

As for the pistol, I cannot remember where I originally saw it, but you are correct, it is not seen on screen. I am pretty sure though that one of the Hasbro figures has the "biker" pistol, just need to track that info down.

I understand your comments on the bucket. I have thought about that. I am going to try to see if I can figure out a fan and vent system (hidden of course) that will help with that issue...especially here in Florida!
501st TKID 10409
Daddy Solo ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Website Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Biker blaster you say? A buddy of mine who's in my local 501st - ECG (biker, Boba) does some great work and just posted this thread up on FB today.

https://www.facebook.com/Fettwerks.

As for a fan system, check out forcepike.net. I know there's a whole thread over there about some of the Red Guards using handheld air conditioners with good results. It does get hot as heck in there cause the helmet makes a perfect seal on your shoulders when you wear it.

Definitely would love to see pics when you have em. Best of luck!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Senate Guards All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: