About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=32ae802f7776afa51c48cb6acc348a2dMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

San Diego 4th of July Parade

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Sunrider Base -> Sunrider Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grey Jedi (Donna Keeley)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 4:53 pm    Post subject: San Diego 4th of July Parade Reply with quote

The San Diego Squad of the 501st has asked us to participate in this parade/event on Tuesday, July 4th. This would be a great opportunity to get our RFT squad together and practice our marching before Comic-Con.

I know it's a family and friends kind of day, but if you can possibly make it we would be a welcome addition to the parade. The actual parade starts at 10am and then we will have a booth/changing area in the park so we can interact with the public.

The event is about 20 miles south of my house. Post here if you are interested. ALL RFT OUTFITS WILL BE DONE PRIOR TO THIS EVENT.
Miana (Rachel Williams)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 11:21 pm    Post subject: San Diego 4th of July Parade Reply with quote

I'll probably be there! 
DS66 ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 6:13 am    Post subject: San Diego 4th of July Parade Reply with quote

I'm there!!!
SDMaraJade ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 6:57 am    Post subject: San Diego 4th of July Parade Reply with quote

I'll be there!
Grey Jedi (Donna Keeley)
Active Legion Member

Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:17 pm    Post subject: San Diego 4th of July Parade Reply with quote

What, you guys only check this board once a month?

I like your sig-bar, Linda.
Grey Jedi (Donna Keeley)
Active Legion Member

Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 3:36 pm    Post subject: San Diego 4th of July Parade Reply with quote

I need a head count of who-all is attending this as an RFT.

So far we have myself and Miana. Is anyone else planning to participate in this parade? The 501st is the featured attraction for the event and they have a shaded booth for us costumers at the end of the parade.

Also, Obi-Shwan is bringing down the H-Wing and we have a parade float being towed for the march.

Post here please.

Miana (Rachel Williams)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:16 am    Post subject: San Diego 4th of July Parade Reply with quote

And Linda and Dan!
Grey Jedi (Donna Keeley)
Active Legion Member

Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:04 am    Post subject: San Diego 4th of July Parade Reply with quote

Linda is in armor for the parade. And Dan isn't doing the RFT; at least he didn't get a helmet as far as I know.

Maybe Ryan and Collin will be able to participate as RFTs. I have Collin's shirt/vest ready.

I have a sinking feeling that we're only going to have 3-5 people doing the RFT at Comic-Con; which is a bummer considering we had 22 people buy the helmets.
3720to1 (Rion Pieper)
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 5:18 am    Post subject: San Diego 4th of July Parade Reply with quote

i will be at con in my RFT but i cant make the parade have fun guys!
Robeewankenobi (Robert Estrada)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 4:58 pm    Post subject: San Diego 4th of July Parade Reply with quote

I'll be there, what theme are we doing?  Jedi, X-wing, RFT.

Good times

Rob

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Grey Jedi (Donna Keeley)
Active Legion Member

Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 1:01 am    Post subject: San Diego 4th of July Parade Reply with quote

I'm looking for RFT volunteers.

Rob, there is more information in the SCG Events thread or the San Diego Squad forums of the SCG.
Grey Jedi (Donna Keeley)
Active Legion Member

Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 4:48 pm    Post subject: San Diego 4th of July Parade Reply with quote

The July 4th was fun, but hot.

Miana and Rockhammer carried our banner dressed in their RFT outfits and I followed in my RF Officer. My youngest son wanted to be in the parade too, so he dressed in his Rubies Clonetrooper Halloween outfit. I tried to get him to walk with the Imperials but he got shy and wanted to stay by me. Someone suggested he was my "prisoner".

DS66 came in his Anakin and even did some dueling with another Jedi. The crowds loved us and clapped and yelled when we went by. Obi-Shawn brought the H-Wing down and my older son (also a Sean) got to ride in it. Robeewankenobi joined as in the latter part of the parade, also in his RFT. We are going to look GREAT at Comic-Con when we all get together.

A San Diego Star Wars Society member (who will soon be joining Sunrider), snapped these pictures:

Parade Pictures
Robeewankenobi (Robert Estrada)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 6:31 pm    Post subject: San Diego 4th of July Parade Reply with quote

Wow! I don't think I could march in that Hot Sun in Vader.   Major props going out Brandon!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Miana (Rachel Williams)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:39 pm    Post subject: San Diego 4th of July Parade Reply with quote

I'm so short compared to Brian and Rob! 
Jedi Loreen (Lori Procopio)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 5:47 pm    Post subject: San Diego 4th of July Parade Reply with quote

You're short compared to Rob?

(Sorry Rob, but you're the one who says your kind of short to play Vader.)

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Sunrider Base -> Sunrider Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: