About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=1eb0a1356a5e26f6333c1d376b4b34d3Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

MI - Motor City Comic Con - May 19-21
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Great Lakes Base -> Great Lakes Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MiraxTHorn (Carrie Ivey)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:48 pm    Post subject: MI - Motor City Comic Con - May 19-21 Reply with quote

Hi Everyone,

The semi-annual Motor City Comic Con (http://www.motorcityconventions.com/motor_city_comic_con/ )is coming up May 19-21, 2006 at the Rock Financial Showplace in Novi.

The Michigan Squad of the 501st put together a wonderful promo table last year and received a lot of attention for it. They have asked the RL to join them this year to help promote both groups. (We're working hard in Michigan to combine our promotional efforts to include both groups since so many of us are in both.)

This isn't a huge con, but it's pretty well known in the area and has a nice line-up of celebrity guests, including a big Batman 40th Anniversary celebration this year. They also have a costume contest that would be good for anyone who might be overwhelmed by the larger cons like CIV and Dragon*Con.

I'm planning to put together stuff for our table and attend at least part of Friday and most of Saturday. I'd like to encourage my fellow Midwest Rebels to attend for part of the weekend, preferably Saturday. There are lots of 501st folks coming in from Indiana and other locations, so why don't we do the same?

Please let me know if you have questions.

Regards,

M.

hofmann (Matt Hofmann)
Mos Espa Base CO
Mos Espa Base CO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:05 pm    Post subject: MI - Motor City Comic Con - May 19-21 Reply with quote

sticking
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Jade-Walker (Kimberly Dillon)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:50 am    Post subject: MI - Motor City Comic Con - May 19-21 Reply with quote

Kieron and I are planning on coming up Saturday.  I will hopefully be in DC comics mode, however.  Not sure if Kieron will be Han, Scout or perhaps even an Imp Officer at that point.

lavagrrrl (Susie Leopold)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:50 am    Post subject: MI - Motor City Comic Con - May 19-21 Reply with quote

I hope to debut my long talked about Ceremonial Leia at MCCC.
MiraxTHorn (Carrie Ivey)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:02 am    Post subject: MI - Motor City Comic Con - May 19-21 Reply with quote

Holy cow! Good luck with it, Susie!

Kim - It would be great to see you, regardless of the costume! I'm thinking about doing something different, too. Probably unrealistic with the time constraints, but we'll see. Maybe Elizabeth Swann will get pulled out of storage.

Regards,

M.
Gypsy3p0 ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:02 am    Post subject: MI - Motor City Comic Con - May 19-21 Reply with quote

I'd love to attend. We'll see if I have the time. And we'll see what costume I can make in time for it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:44 pm    Post subject: MI - Motor City Comic Con - May 19-21 Reply with quote

I look forward to seeing you guys again!

And I am looking forward to seeing Susie's Ceremonial Leia.  You make such a great Leia. 

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:35 am    Post subject: MI - Motor City Comic Con - May 19-21 Reply with quote

Thanks, Kim! Carrie knows I've been talking about this costume for about 3 years now (if not longer, lol). I suddenly have time on my hands, so there's no time like the present.

It'll be great to see you again, Kim. Lita, you should try to drop by and there's nothing wrong with your Padme costume.

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 3:17 pm    Post subject: MI - Motor City Comic Con - May 19-21 Reply with quote

Lita, I agree.  Your shinguards for the Padme are some of the best that I've seen!  I'm looking forward to seeing your costume in person.
Gypsy3p0 ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 2:14 pm    Post subject: MI - Motor City Comic Con - May 19-21 Reply with quote

Aww shucks. I can't really take credit for them, though. other than I have an eye for good picking. If I can make it, I'll try. It's definately a blast with you guys.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
MiraxTHorn (Carrie Ivey)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 5:02 pm    Post subject: MI - Motor City Comic Con - May 19-21 Reply with quote

Actually, I think it's been nearly 4 years, Susie! Wasn't it October 2002 when we did your first Leia? How's it coming?

And, Kim - which DC are you doing, btw? I'm a total Bat Family junkie. I'd totally love to do Huntress, Black Canary or Batgirl!

Regards,

M.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:21 pm    Post subject: MI - Motor City Comic Con - May 19-21 Reply with quote

Carrie, I think you are correct. The two dresses I've always loved and wanted to do are Bespin and Ceremonial, so I'm sure I mentioned them way back then. It sure doesn't feel like it's been that long, but 2002 would be the year that all this started.

Things are going well. I've been working on the pattern part of the process for the last couple of days. I just picked up my sewing machine from the repair place, so I can begin working on the mock up of the dress. Once I get that down, it's on to the sleeves/wings. That is the part that I've always been most frightened of.

It would be great to have a large turn out for the Rebels at this con!

hathor_sg1x ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:34 am    Post subject: MI - Motor City Comic Con - May 19-21 Reply with quote

I'll be attending MCCC this year. Skipped it last year, wishing i went since two people from Stargate SG-1 were at it. *sigh*

I'll be wearing my OC Jedi outfit, I can't wait to wear it next month, given the chance I'm most likely run around my little town in it. lol

MiraxTHorn (Carrie Ivey)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:59 pm    Post subject: MI - Motor City Comic Con - May 19-21 Reply with quote

Hi Heather!

Please stop by the 501st/RL booth and say hi!  I"ll be there on Saturday, but not in Star Wars garb this time.  Smile 

Also, are you interested in submitting your costume for full RL membership?  We're always glad to find new Michigan members!  Please let me know if I can help you with the membership process if you're interested!

Regards,

M.

hathor_sg1x ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 5:07 pm    Post subject: MI - Motor City Comic Con - May 19-21 Reply with quote

I did sumbit my information last night to join, but I won't be able to attend many of the other events until the fall. Unless it's close to Richmond than it's a possibilty.

But I'll stop by! ^_^ That or if you see me lurking around feel free to send Vader after me to drag me to the table!

Quote: Originally posted by MiraxTHorn on 26 April 2006

Hi Heather!

Please stop by the 501st/RL booth and say hi!  I"ll be there on Saturday, but not in Star Wars garb this time.  Smile 

Also, are you interested in submitting your costume for full RL membership?  We're always glad to find new Michigan members!  Please let me know if I can help you with the membership process if you're interested!

Regards,

M.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Great Lakes Base -> Great Lakes Archive All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: