Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=d63810138c5839eade28d9f2b0aec362Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Help with Mustafar Padme
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Padme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LeiaAurora ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is absolutely beautiful! Wonderful job.

PR/Social Media Team for RL Strategic Command
Costume Mentor
In progress/submitted: Vice Admiral Holdo, Clone Wars Padme Amidala, Clone Cadet
"This is a Rebellion, isn't it? I rebel."
Ayrihn ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sarah! This looks amazing! Can you share what fabric you used? Did you get RL approved? I am looking at the cornstalk color micro suede from JoAnn’s and it looks similar to what you built, but I’m worried it might be too “gold” in color. What do you think?

https://www.joann.com/sew-classics-microsuede/xprd757799.html

JediJainaSolo wrote:
Started the bodice yesterday. I still have to go back and do the top stitching, and adjust the inverted "V" shape where the harness lies, but it's a start. I love how the buckle and brooch look on it though! Very pleased with that. After I get more thread for the top stitching today, I'll do that and tackle the collar. Should I use a circle skirt pattern for the bottom? I believe that was what I read over at Padwan's guide, but I'd love to hear what others did for that pattern. (BTW, ignore the tucking, those are the areas I might have to take in still. I have to try it on today to make sure I left room for my chest to room before the baby is due lol.)

Also, I'm about to order these boots. How do they look?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/311248148495?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&var=610393633063&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

LeiaAurora ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may want to take photos of the fabric you would like to use in both natural light and with flash/without. My fabric is a similar color to what you have posted but I was told it was too light until I took it outside and showed the color in the sunlight. Have you tried posting your questions on the Padme Facebook group? Several judges are in that group and may be able to answer your questions there as well.
Very Happy

Costume Mentor
In progress/submitted: Vice Admiral Holdo, Clone Wars Padme Amidala, Clone Cadet
Ayrihn ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you @LeiaAurora! I’m sorry I thought I was responding to Sarah.. I am still new here and haven’t quite figured out how this all works. I guess worst case I can use Rit to adjust. Wouldn’t be the first time! I successfully dyed a cotton vest from olive green to medium brown for a just-for-fun Jyn Erso cosplay. But I will also post the question on the FB page. Just a little overwhelmed by all the resources. Thank you so much!

LeiaAurora wrote:
You may want to take photos of the fabric you would like to use in both natural light and with flash/without. My fabric is a similar color to what you have posted but I was told it was too light until I took it outside and showed the color in the sunlight. Have you tried posting your questions on the Padme Facebook group? Several judges are in that group and may be able to answer your questions there as well.
Very Happy
LeiaAurora ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ayrihn wrote:
Thank you @LeiaAurora! I’m sorry I thought I was responding to Sarah.

Quite all right! Technically, you were commenting on her build thread but I have also commented on this thread and that’s why I got the notification of your question. Yes, the resources that are available are incredible and there are many people who can help you out with this. Please feel free to join our Facebook group if you have not yet. There are many ladies there who can definitely provide tips and tricks that can help you on your build. Good luck!

Costume Mentor
Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will strongly recommend looking at the resource thread in the top of this forum and then making your way through the Mustafar Padmé threads. Smile The index post is updated regularly to keep track of all threads here.

Detachment website: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Padme All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: