Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=40338352dff214b1430390844df99350Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Opinions on ANH Solo from Cosplaysky...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Han Solo and Other Smugglers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DarthDyer76 (Doug Dyer)

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:37 pm    Post subject: Opinions on ANH Solo from Cosplaysky... Reply with quote

Anyone have experience with this? Looking to build a Solo and was searching the usual sources...

http://cosplaysky.com/star-wars-anh-a-new-hope-han-solo-costume-vest-shirt-pants.html
Charybdis (Al d L.)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the Han Solo pants. Got them a couple of years ago and they are great, however, one thing to note, all the pics on their website show that the pants have a riding seam on the back, but when mine came they did not have that seam. They were just plain on the backside. Might want to make sure if you order if it does come with that riding seam.

Also, keep in mind that they do not have the pintuck on the front, but I did those one night with the sewing machine, so it's easy to put them in...

For the money, they are a good buy...

RL member since 2006
Blue Ridge Base member
Nexus Temple - member
Docking Bay 94 - member
Jaxxa ()
Active Legion Member

TFA LFL Red Carpet World Premiere (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It might be worth someone with Solo knowledge contacting Cosplaysky and seeing if they would update their construction. The 501st did that to great success with the Imperial officer uniform so that the uniform now meets most requirements out of the box.
UCLAJediKnight ()

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I'm bumping an old thread but I thought I would mention that the cosplaysky vest doesn't have a pocket on the back.
"Who's scruffy looking?"
DarthTicklish (Greg Ochaba)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting... looks like they have a wider range of sizes than Costumebase does, which is very important for a larger guy like me! Don't think the Costumebase XL will work for me, but it looks like Cosplaysky XXL will, as it did with my Imperial officer. Last thing I want is to get out there and split my pants doing a pose or something Razz I'd be curious as to anyone else's experience with either?
pandatrooper ()
Falcon Base XO
Falcon Base XO

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered the set from Cosplaysky. Even though I gave specific sizing and paid $20 extra for custom size, everything came out way too big except the pants were too tight. I'm not a big person and I'm already "Asian fit" slim, so it surprised me that the pants did not fit.

I sent a feedback email and I paid for the additional $25 "Make quick service" and they sent another set. The sizing was way better, the vest was great. The new pants were a hair tight but I might be able to let out the hips in the rear seam.

Both pants have the riding seam in the back. The blood stripes are just screen printed red. The pants are a thin poly blend material, no stretch and not that great. The vest pockets look great, all the pockets are present on both sets i received.

I wished the shirt was off white instead of bright white.

They did their best to accommodate my requests.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info! Sounds like they have made some changes in the right direction (as long as everything fits!) if the vest has all the pockets and the pants have the riding seam. So the shirt is OK except for the color perhaps being too bright?
pandatrooper ()
Falcon Base XO
Falcon Base XO

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The collar is a bit small and floppy. The V neck is missing the sewn detail below it (looks like an extended seam) and yes its bright white. You can dunk it in a pot of tea to make it more beige or off white. Add a sash of yellow dye if you want to.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE: I have purchased the Cosplaysky XXL set. Everything's of pretty solid quality IMO, especially for the price, but to my surprise, the piece I'm most impressed with the fit of is actually the shirt. A tea dip should make it into exactly what I'm after. The vest is nicely lined and does indeed have all the pockets, but I'm concerned it might be a tad long, although it could perhaps be hemmed a bit as long as doing so didn't compromise the waistband too much. Pants fit me well and do have the riding seam. I should be able to pintuck them and perhaps add stirrups to facilitate putting my boots on, as I did with my Imperial officer. Once that's all sorted out and adjusted, I'll be a Greedo Killer away from flying the Falcon!
LeiaMD ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:03 am    Post subject: Still a good option? Reply with quote

Hi,

Bumping this thread as I'm researching for my husband's ANH Han. We got pants from Khloe's Costumes on Etsy and even though they have all the right features, the fit is very wonky -- tight in the thighs, and so high waisted he looks like Ed Grimley from the old SNL skit. 'Laughing'

I can't tell from zooming on their pics if the blood stripes are embroidered or not, but I could always pull the ones off these pants and sew over the others if needed...I just don't know if I can sew them myself denote and get the riding seam right.

Any thoughts? Or other sources?

Thanks,
LeiaMD
Charybdis (Al d L.)
Active Legion Member

Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want a top notch ANH Han Solo without breaking the bank, here's what you do:

Vest: Todd's Costumes ($99)
Holster Rig: Todd's Costumes ($249)
Shirt: Magnoli Falcon shirt ($55)
Pants: Could go Cosplaysky but replace with stitched blood stripes ($30)
Boots: Russian boots (less than $100) or Todd's ($249)

All in all, a very nice Solo could run you around $500...not bad for what you get and the quality from these vendors.

RL member since 2006
Blue Ridge Base member
Nexus Temple - member
Docking Bay 94 - member
LeiaMD ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!

LeiaMd
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Han Solo and Other Smugglers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: