Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=2a3b5d69e69833b887997d79860d2f6aMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

new members introduce yourselves here
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Ghost Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Caileen Tauren (Erin Blank)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sword of the Jedi wrote:
Btw, are there any special RL events going on in Pittsburgh tomorrow? Also, why do there seem to be no costuming standards for Rey yet? Every time I type her name into the search function, it comes up with no info found.

Greetings, Anastasia!

To find info on Rey go here. http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=29 You can find plenty of Rey builds and approvals, inc. her (assumed) Jedi costume.

We are happy to have you on board!

Someone can answer your question about Western Pa. May 4 troops.... I'm on the East side.
Sword of the Jedi (Anastasia Walat)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Jarred! Good to talk to you again. So how does one get approved for a costume if there are no official costume standards for that outfit or character yet, such as if I wanted to do Leia's blue dress from ANH or her gray and white unitard from Rebels? I met at least one Rey or two at Steel City Con back last December who gave me her RL card. I was also told that RL seemed to be experiencing a big number of Reys right now so trying for Jaina or Leia would be more unique.

Edit: Thanks Erin. Wow you people reply fast.
Alarion Ero'neth (Spencer C. Huff)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, Anastasia! It's a pleasure to finally see you on these boards. Smile

Currently, the Rey standards are being voted upon by the detachment members to which her character/costume belongs. That being said, you can still work on and submit a Rey costume for review and approval. If this is something you would really like to do, I'd encourage you to talk to our very own Jasmine Perez (Verity_Who), who is an approved Rey with Ghost Base, and to create a WIP thread on the Rebel Supporters board.

With regards to the other costumes that don't have standards, I believe you need to submit 1-2 full-body reference photos along with your costume for it to be judged against, but I could be wrong.

"As Jedi, we must do what is right - not what is easy."
Senpai (J R)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caileen Tauren wrote:
Juan needs to be THE Resistance pilot..... Poe Damaeron.

Thanks Erin.
Bastian Quin (Sean McGuire)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:12 am    Post subject: New Forum Member Reply with quote

Hello, everyone! I can hardly believe I'm actually on this forum...

A year ago, I didn't like Star Wars. In fact, I actually hated it. (Didn't watch it growing up and had a bad experience being dragged to the cinema to see Episode III...) It wasn't until August of last year when I was cast (unknown to me, because I didn't even audition) in Star Wars: A New Musical Hope at Bootless Stageworks in Delaware for the fall that I even sat down and watched the Original Trilogy!

Thank god I did, because suddenly I realized what awesomeness I was missing out on and fell in love with the world and characters!

Cut to The Force Awakens premiere three months later, and I'm cosplaying Kylo Ren and totally loving the experience of watching Star Wars with other fans! Now, Kylo is one of my most well-known cosplays that I do, and so I decided that I need to put together a generic Jedi to join the Rebel Legion! I saw the videos from Steel City Con (Spencer, your Obi-Wan is incredible) and knew I had to join!

Is there a certain place where I should put the post about my generic Jedi build...? There's so many topics and sub-topics, and sub-topics in the sub-topics, so I've no idea where it should go!

I'm excited to start this build with the help of you guys! I'm buying the extensions for my lightsaber pike tonight.

Cheers! Smile

P.S. - As you can tell from my username, I've already named my Jedi. Bastian Quin. Very Happy
CMCHammer (Justin Cunningham)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum Sean! Glad to see that time brought you to our organization. I have a packet of info we send out to interested members that I will PM you here and I will add the details on where you can post your build thread.

We have a lot of awesome Jedi in the base who would be happy to help with the build within as well. If you have questions or need any help please do not hesitate to ask.
Bastian Quin (Sean McGuire)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CMCHammer wrote:
Welcome to the forum Sean! Glad to see that time brought you to our organization. I have a packet of info we send out to interested members that I will PM you here and I will add the details on where you can post your build thread.

We have a lot of awesome Jedi in the base who would be happy to help with the build within as well. If you have questions or need any help please do not hesitate to ask.

Thanks! Your message was REALLY thorough and helpful. Turns out I'd already stumbled across half the things in the packet, so it was like being a little ahead of the game on accident, hah.
EzraElric (Cathy McCrohan)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, everyone! My name is Cathy and I'm from the Pittsburgh area. I met some of you through Spencer who I made friends with at Tekko. Joining groups like the Rebel Leion and 501st have been a long time dream for me. Two of my greatest passions is cosplaying and Star Wars.

Currently I am working hard on Ezra Bridger from Star Wars Rebels. Here's my WIP thread.

http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=75756
OriKad ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there. I'm Mike, from Pittsburgh, you may know me as Ori'kad the Mandalorian Merc (furry medieval-looking armor or the rebel pilot-based Mando.)

I'm currently in the planning phase for a Jedi build.
Jayben Kenobi (Joshua Curry)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:55 pm    Post subject: What up Squad... Reply with quote

Hello Ghost Base. My name is Josh Curry from Bedford, PA. I just joined the forum a few days ago. I'm friends on Facebook with Justin Cunningham and Trey Walker. If you would like, shoot me over a friends request as I would like to get to know everyone. I am currently working on a Generic Jedi Costume and hope to have it completed in around 4 weeks. See ya! r2leia
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome folks!

Great to see more interest in Ghost Base and Rebel Legion. If we can help you out in any way feel free to ask.
moselder71 (Todd Barclay)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:17 am    Post subject: New recruit Reply with quote

Hello everyone my name is Todd and I am from the Lancaster area and I am looking at doing a Hoth trench trooper impression. I also have a snow clone build 90% done but thats a long story. Looking for any help from any members who have built the Hoth trench trooper. look forward to joining the group
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:52 am    Post subject: Re: New recruit Reply with quote

moselder71 wrote:
Hello everyone my name is Todd and I am from the Lancaster area and I am looking at doing a Hoth trench trooper impression. I also have a snow clone build 90% done but thats a long story. Looking for any help from any members who have built the Hoth trench trooper. look forward to joining the group

Hey there!

We are in Leola. My husband is a Wampa and my kid wants to be a Hoth trench trooper too!
EldonPax (Matthew Blank)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:56 pm    Post subject: Re: New recruit Reply with quote

moselder71 wrote:

Hey there Todd! I'm assuming you're already checking out the infantry forum...http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=621

If not, that's a great place to start.

When you're done we have got to troop together. I've gotten a ton of pics with Snowies but haven't gotten any Trench Troopers yet.
Thane Kyrell ()

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My name is Matt. I live in Rehoboth Beach Delaware and I am working on a Thane Kyrell X-wing pilot from Lost Stars.

I am right now trying to justify the costs it would be to make the costume.

The one thing I can have the most freedom with is the helmet but not much is said about it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Ghost Base All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10

Jump to: