Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=894786e07183db21cdde403d20e102aaMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Padme Green Cut Velvet Robe creation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Padme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marissanna ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:22 pm    Post subject: Padme Green Cut Velvet Robe creation Reply with quote

Hi all!
I was so inspired, so crazy happy after my first approval, i can't find any appropriate words to describe this feeling but i'm pretty sure that everyone who walked through this know what i'm talking about Smile So thats why i decided that i cant stop! I decided to create this inspiring dress. Im not really well with embroidery but i found out how to make perfect drawing on velvet - one more reason to challenge myself. But the most important thing - i have never, ever sew or create a pattern for dress before.

It was like 3 a.m when i started and in an hour i post a shot in Instagram... I was so proud, i though i made something unbelieveble for me but... My friend cmment was: Eeemmm.... WHAT the hell is it?

Here it is xD Now i know how wierd it was, well, but it was just a begining!

Second challenge - i have never paint before! So i took shot of the dress and create a picture from it like this:

and i found the perfect place where i ordered stamp:

problems came when my fabric was delivered... Absolutly different, but i decided to make experimental dress to see all mistakes while im waiting new fabric - lets hope it will be perfect!

RavenApprentice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The stamp was a great idea! And the stencil came out great!

Good Luck on this new project Ben
SongofAmazon (Jenna)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking like a great start! That's a shame your fabric wasn't what you expected.

I really do love your stamp. That is a great idea. Are you going to use paint or do a sort of pressure thing like you did there?

In planning and progress:
Riyo Chuchi, Havoc Trooper, Amilyn Holdo, Lilac Handmaiden

Charter Committee | Galactic Senate DCO | RLGS Web Site

RebelSenator ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Celebration Anaheim (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like you are off to a great start. Whats wrong with the fabric?
Sothis (Alyona)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marissanna, welcome once again! Rolling Eyes And... I'll join the question about fabric. What's wrong with it? From you picture it looks pretty nice.
Marissanna ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all, i ll keep doing my best to turn this in to real!)

Thx Jenna!) I ll use iron for some kind of burning. but its more like pressure, yep)

And about the fabric - the problem was i didn't know the real difference between silk-velvet cotton-velvet and others because i ordered this fabric via online shop and the first thing - i'm looking like a sofa sometimes Very Happy its too tight and thats why i dont have any beautiful creases...

But now i get new one and new fabric even has this crazy chameleon effect from dark brown to sweet olive depending on light and angle, i ll do some photos tomorrow =)
JediDWH (Lisa Curtis Saunders)
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
TFA LFL Red Carpet World Premiere (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, the difference between cotton velvet and silk velvet is pretty large... and the silk velvet is 500% worth it. Laughing

Still, what you have looks great so far! Can't wait to see how the final product turns out.

Sew Corellian
KJO DXO
Celestia Delegation Leader
Sunrider Base Webmaster

Retired LWM, BCO, BMO
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Padme All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: