About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=729f23689f198ce4ebf87144144ec905Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Comic Con 2006

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base -> Endor Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vandor Theric ()
Archived Member Profile

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:06 pm    Post subject: Comic Con 2006 Reply with quote

Hello Rebel Legion. I know its still some time away but Comic Con is vast approaching. I am working on a new costume which will be done for the event. I was just wondering who is going and where are you staying. post it here. Thanks.

I will be at the Emerald City Wyndham
Master Jedi

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 4:03 am    Post subject: Comic Con 2006 Reply with quote

I'll be there. Most likely as Anakin Ep III and a stormtrooper. Already got my hotel room too!!!

Master Jedi

JayTee Erricck ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 4:33 am    Post subject: Comic Con 2006 Reply with quote

Ah, Comic Con.  Oddly enough, I lived in L.A. for 8 years & I NEVER attended Comic Con [to my regret].  I think the big reason was that my friends & I had the Science Fiction & Comic Book Convention (or the "Shrine" Convention, as we called it) EVERY MONTH!  And right near where we all lived.  It was hard to save up the cash (& motivation) to go the Comic Con when we had that monthly opportunity to pursue our hobby enthusiasm at the Shrine. 

I have friends here in Hawai'i that have attended the Comic Con and always rave about it. 

Maybe someday I'll go.  In any case, Vandor & Master Jedi, have fun!

May the Force be with you.

Jay Tee, http://www.rebellegionhawaii.com

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JedHead (Matt Tolosa)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Silver Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 11:27 pm    Post subject: Comic Con 2006 Reply with quote

I'm going, along with about 12+ members of SF Fan Force, staying at the Hawthorn Suites about 6 miles away, for $104 per night! 
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

Medals: 3 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:08 am    Post subject: Comic Con 2006 Reply with quote

I'll be there too! This will be my second year and I have a feeling it will be even more fun than last year - partly because I've gotten to know many more fans in the course of the year. What can I say? Star Wars fans are a great group of people!
JedHead (Matt Tolosa)
Active Legion Member

Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 4:02 am    Post subject: Comic Con 2006 Reply with quote

Quote: Originally posted by Kay_Dee on 22 March 2006

Star Wars fans are a great group of people!

Yes we are! 

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Twi'lek Pam (Pam Simpson)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:10 am    Post subject: Comic Con 2006 Reply with quote

We will be there! 

My husband and I are planning to dress as generic civilians on Thursday.  (Mainly so Scott can browse the booths in peace without having to stop for pictures every five minutes.)  We're planning to go original trilogy with Leia and a Fleet Trooper on Friday, and then Saturday we'll switch to a prequel theme with Aayla and a Clone.

Can't wait!

Pam :-)

Tionne Hawk (Bridget Maguire)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:53 am    Post subject: Comic Con 2006 Reply with quote

I'm going and I'm staying with Matt and his crew!!

I grew up in So Cal but this will be my first Comic Con. I'll have the TIE (I know, Imperial dogs) and Jedi and possibly......possibly another costume...if I get my rear in gear and actually do it instead of just dreaming about it.

I agree, SW people are just a great group of people. My second family, once removed. Wink
Grey Jedi (Donna Keeley)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 3:28 am    Post subject: Comic Con 2006 Reply with quote

Just a reminder to any of you joining us for the Rebel Legion Breakfast, I need to know how many are coming and you need to pre-pay for the breakfast. That way you don't have to worry about the bill on the day of.

Please see the Rebel Legion Breakfast thread in the Comic-Con 2006 forum of the main Rebel Legion board.

Looking forward to gathering with our northern brothers (and sisters) in arms.
Tionne Hawk (Bridget Maguire)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:20 pm    Post subject: Comic Con 2006 Reply with quote

A week and a half to go and I am really getting excited!

You know that third costume I posted about. It's done and ready to roll. I'll be in civvies Weds and probably Thurs too, then spend most of Fri and Sat in one of the three costumes, then back to incognito on Sunday. My only problem will be figuring out how/where to change. My boxes are rather large to be lugging around the convention center..hopefully I can just stash them in the car and use the parking structure as a changing room (I've changed in worse places).

See you all soon!

Master--Kenobi (Kim Leigh)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:29 am    Post subject: Comic Con 2006 Reply with quote

Hey Guys..always great getting to see and hang out with my buds from Up North.  The RL Pic was a blast...(plenty of "blackmail" type of shots taken..*EVIL GRIN*   And glad you guys got to meet the good Captain Sat night.  (hmmm may have to show up in Jedi Robes and ....no no no  won't go there!!!!)  LOL

Thanks for the support for the masquarade.  You guys rock!!

Hugs to all

Master K

Kai Vandekar ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:37 pm    Post subject: Comic Con 2006 Reply with quote

Definitely had a great time at Comic-Con this year and so glad I finally got to be in a RL photo at the con!  Smile

- Kai

JedHead (Matt Tolosa)
Active Legion Member

Silver Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 5:13 pm    Post subject: Comic Con 2006 Reply with quote

Had a blast at CC again this year!  See some of you at WonderCon.  If not, definitely at C4!
Master Jedi

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 3:23 pm    Post subject: Comic Con 2006 Reply with quote

Comic con was great as always. It was great to see most of you there and to touch base with the members to see what was going on and to adress some issues in person.

I am sorry that I missed the RL photo shoot however. But aside from  that I had a great time.

Master Jedi

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base -> Endor Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: