Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=29bd4089ba2f3e7d3e7c285d8823924fMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Padme dress Painting (blue aqua EP III)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Padme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leroni (Leroni)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 12:19 pm    Post subject: Padme dress Painting (blue aqua EP III) Reply with quote

Hi Smile
I started to make a Padme dress for a friend.
according to the regulations the pattern can be painted fine.

i want to ask if this is ok before im going on.

greetings
Naergi ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure.

First, the embroideries originally just have one color; you have used at least one other color (golden-ish silver? Platinum?) to imitate them.

Second, the embroideries on the original gown are way more detailed compared to what you painted.
Compare yours to the original gown:

Just my humble and not necessarily relevant opinion, but you should go into way more detail with the painting. To imitate the sheen of the original embroideries, you could use pearlized paint, or even pearlized 3D paint in a color that matches the fabric color.
Leroni (Leroni)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Celebration Europe 3 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much for your feedback!

its not so easy Smile
some of the colors are nearly the same color like the material. ... thats why i made the outline, and painted some parts with silver ... it always depends on the light .. let me show you a picture made at a sony day.

SongofAmazon (Jenna)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So here's a Padme LCJ answer. I'm sorry I took so long in replying to this.

Basically, if you can trick me into thinking that it is not painting but instead embroidery, then that will be fine. However, you are going to have to do a lot more detailed painting to get that effect.

I do agree with Naergi that your silver paint looks like too different of a color from the rest of your blue, however. I do understand that you will have to do shading and highlights with your paint, lighter and darker blues, but I would advise staying to the same general color of paint.

I can see already that you have picked a really difficult project in this painting, and I really look forward to seeing it when it is finished! Just remember that your end goal is to make it look, from a distance, like it is the actual embroidery and not paint.

Thanks for sharing your progress with us!

In planning and progress:
Riyo Chuchi, Havoc Trooper, Amilyn Holdo, Lilac Handmaiden

Charter Committee | Galactic Senate DCO | RLGS Web Site

Mieal Deneb (Rachel Orange)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Droid Wranglers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is an older topic, but I had to comment. This is probably my favorite Ep 3 gown. I started it before I was pregnant with my 3rd child and it was finished when I was 6 months pregnant with him! I did, however, hand embroider my entire costume. I thought you might like to see pictures of mine:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Padme All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: