Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=39bb5e1761dd6eb020ef8300ed81f34eMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

HM presentation, Rachel D'Avino = 6/4/14

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Kamino Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Navajo Bro ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 7:42 pm    Post subject: HM presentation, Rachel D'Avino = 6/4/14 Reply with quote

** UPDATE = THE SCHOOL AND FAMILY PREFER JUNE 4TH, 2014 WITH A 4PM PRESENTATION. WE WILL ARRIVE ABOUT 3PM. WE WILL LOCK THAT IN AS THE DATE FOR NOW. PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF ANYONE IN CT CAN MAKE IT, WE HAVE A FEW FROM NEW JERSEY THAT CAN **

Hey guys, if you aren't aware yet we've been working with the Kamino Base CO for a joint presentation of the Rebel Legion Honorary Membership to Rachel D'Avino's family.

Rachel was one of the school teachers killed in the tragic shooting. She was a very kind spirit and a huge Star Wars and superhero fan - to the point she dressed up in some homemade costumes and liked to tell her students she was a Jedi Knight. She can be seen in pictures with 501st and Rebel Legion members, and in her spare time did a lot of volunteer work for Autism. Basically she encompassed all we do here, but never actually got around to making an "official" costume to join up.

Last year she (along with the others) received a playground dedicated in her honor. The playground was in Asbury Park, NJ, so members of Echo Base and the Northeast Remnant were invited to help out. I met her family and spoke with them, as they were attempting to petition Disney to name her as a Jedi Knight. I explained what the RL was and what we do and how it fits Rachel so perfectly. I also explained we are supported by LFL / Disney but aren't actually affiliated so we couldn't help them with the petition, but it would be an honor for us if we could name her as an HM with our group.

I received permission from the CO, and have purchased the plaque. I worked with the family the last few months and they would prefer to have a small ceremony at the school in Rachel's hometown. I got in touch with the principal and got everyone on board.

What are the chances we can get a few Kamino Base members out to something like this? I can take a weekday off and make the trip, and I'm sure I can grab a few EB and NER members to come along with me. Please let me know ASAP if we can sort this out, thanks again!

The school is at 92 East Street, Bethlaham, CT

TA/TB/TI/TK/TK/TS/TS/TX/AR/BH/IC/ID/IS-8869
501st Legion
Northeast Remnant Lead Event Coordinator

501st Legion Trooper of the Month - July 2012
Special Ops Squad Leader - October 2012
First Ever 501st Legion approved Snow Scout

Last edited by Navajo Bro () on Wed May 21, 2014 1:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Navajo Bro ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

** UPDATE = THE SCHOOL AND FAMILY PREFER JUNE 4TH, 2014 WITH A 4PM PRESENTATION. WE WILL ARRIVE ABOUT 3PM. WE WILL LOCK THAT IN AS THE DATE FOR NOW. PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF ANYONE IN CT CAN MAKE IT, WE HAVE A FEW FROM NEW JERSEY THAT CAN **

501st Legion

Last edited by Navajo Bro () on Wed May 21, 2014 1:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Navajo Bro ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The school would prefer June 4th, is that doable for you guys or anyone up there? Here was the principal's latest reply:

I have spoken to our 5th grade Student Council advisors and June 4th at 4:00 works well for us. We would have the whole Student Council (about 35 students) present as well as the advisors and myself. The Student Council members will be picked up at 4:30 so we have a ½ hour for the presentation. I hope that works for everyone-

Please confirm-

I can swing this and get a few guys from Echo Base/NER to come with. Please let me know, thanks!

501st Legion

Naglium (Gordon Gravelese)
Legion Merchandise Officer
Legion Merchandise Officer

Medals: 11 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Want me to share with Alderaan Base?

I know Kamino usually does all their work in a private Facebook group, and usually isn't too active on these forums for base operation material.

Stuff I have for sale: http://rc5306.yolasite.com/

Merchandise Approval Request Form: http://rlmerch.yolasite.com/request.php
Navajo Bro ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naglium wrote:

I know Kamino usually does all their work in a private Facebook group, and usually isn't too active on these forums for base operation material.

yes please, any surrouding Bases would be great. 501st invites as well, the only reason it was specific to Kamino and Echo was due to the specifics of her hometown (CT) and playground (NJ). We don't need a super huge 50 person turnout, but would like at least 5-10 good Rebel costumers for the presentation and since it's during the week any help would be appreciated Very Happy

501st Legion

VeganNicki ()
Kamino Base CO
Kamino Base CO

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naglium wrote:

We have been planning this for 3 months off boards, Kamino members have been notified officially today with our sign ups.
With limited slots available to troop (family and school requesting it be small), and this being a very personal event for CT and NJ, I don't think we new anymore groups involved.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Kamino Base All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: