Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=25b9f3babb5851cf9ad70239e349e0f9Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Quick Hangar Trooper Build

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Alliance Infantry Detachment -> Empire Strikes Back
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PernillaPalpatine (Lisa Klassen)

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 4:53 am    Post subject: Quick Hangar Trooper Build Reply with quote

Hello! I'm usually lurking around the Jedi board, but...

There's a local free comic book day/mini-Comic Con/May the 4th event this weekend and I really want to wear a Star Wars costume! So I don't have anything done yet because I'm working on two other, complicated costumes... But then I remember that I have an old Hoth trooper costume that I made for my husband. It was made quickly (like 'honey, there's a week before Halloween, can you make me this?' fast) and in pieces currently as it didn't fit him very well. So I thought I might try to make myself my own Hoth Hangar Trooper and get rid of a UFO! My husband is twice my size, so basically I will have to cut his old costume pieces down to fit me. I have some extra fabric that will help. I'm only hoping to get the jumpsuit done as I'm only planning on wearing that with a tank top, tying it around my waist and tucking the gloves in a pocket. I'm also going to wear his hat and scarf. Eventually I want to finish the costume and get it approved, but I only have four days or so to work on this and with temperatures already in the 90s here in Bakersfield, CA I can't risk overheating as I have health issues.

A note on the gear- we don't like the hat. It's too white. We're going to remake it. We bought it online from (eek) Star Forge. The gloves are generic welding gear. The goggles are good, but I need to hide the writing on the elastic. I have a lighter colored scarf too. And this is like seriously, the first time in my life I DON'T own a pair of black boots so I'll have to go shoe shopping. Oh my! I also have a ton more of the fabric I used for his vest to make mine later. I've also got a better idea of the vest's anatomy.

I made a new pattern for my jumpsuit that has a waistband and waist pocket. It is more in line with the tutorials that I found here by Phyllis (sorry if I got your name wrong)/Ice Station Echo, which I also based the original costume on.

I did all the patterns myself and am going to make a tutorial for anyone who wants to make a jumpsuit the way I did. I'll post more as I go. And for LCJ's I'm taking lots of photos.

I'm cutting everything out tonight. Wish me luck!

Here's the original costume... In our really icky rental house with the obligatory cat help...

Commander Cody (Jason R.)
Legion Membership Officer
Legion Membership Officer

Medals: 4 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward to watching your progress! Good luck and hope you're able to meet the deadline Cool

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So only the sleeves, pants, cuffs, collar and zipper need to go in! Omg! I so could not find any decent black boots! The ones I did end up with are a black version of Leia's Hoth boots... they'll do until the gladiator sandals go away.

I think this might work...

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got the jumpsuit to a wearable point. There's a few fitting issues that I can address later. Yay! Amadalia

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a link to the photos from last weekend. I'm going to start a new 'official' build thread, since I'm HOOKED ON HOTH!!!

http://s1365.photobucket.com/user/PernillaPalpatine/library/Hoth%20Trooper
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Alliance Infantry Detachment -> Empire Strikes Back All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: