About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=8fbe6b8a4aef5c1763e74c9f2ef45ae0Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Adventurecon 2006
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Corellian Base -> Corellian Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alli ()
Archived Member Profile

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 4:08 am    Post subject: Adventurecon 2006 Reply with quote

OK I know its a little early to start getting ready for this, but one can never be to ready!

For those that dont know much about the con, go here: http://www.adventurecon.com/
The con is held June 24-25 in Knoxville, Tennessee at the new convention building where the worlds fair was held back in the day. This will be the 2nd year that the con will be there and there was a high attendance last year which could mean good PR and recruitment for us. Plus the Southern Outpost generally has a good turn out and are very welcomeing of us being there.

What do we want to do this year? Do we want a table? If so I can contact the people in charge to see about getting one again this year if we want it. If we do, I will assume we will want the following:
a banner
hand outs
props
general RL stuffs of interest

My SG team and I will  hopefully be having a room party or something Saturday night which I extend the invitation to all of you- its good to also have relations with other groups out there Smile Last year we also had a semi-meeting since it was THE largest gathering of Corellian base, Freedom base at the time, members to date.

And I promise I wont be sewing last min and will pay attention better! *blush*

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MasterKoon (Derek DeWeese)
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:23 am    Post subject: Adventurecon 2006 Reply with quote

I already have it on my calendar.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Alli ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 4:44 pm    Post subject: Adventurecon 2006 Reply with quote

Matt, what kind of flyers do you already have made up? I know at one point last year you said you did. Was curious if you still had them.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
GotWookiee (Matt Pfingsten)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 7:47 pm    Post subject: Adventurecon 2006 Reply with quote

I have some club FAQ's, some generic fliers, and several thousand business cards.

Hopefully I can be there this year, but I'm not 100% sure yet. If not, I will make sure the banners, club literature, and other stuff like my collection of RL patches gets to someone who can take it to the con. We don't want things to turn out like last year.
Alli ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 8:21 pm    Post subject: Adventurecon 2006 Reply with quote

Scruff was talking about coming up, but if you need to I'll pass my mailing address on and pay for it to get here.
MasterKoon (Derek DeWeese)
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:28 pm    Post subject: Adventurecon 2006 Reply with quote

I should be able to take it if needed as well, so that you wouldn't have to pay to have it shipped.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Obi-TN (Glenn Stein)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:44 pm    Post subject: Adventurecon 2006 Reply with quote

I should be able to make it and stay for the whole weekend this time as it won't be during Father's Day this year. I might even come up on Friday night.

I'm sure someone coming on Friday from Nashville will be able to bring stuff if Matt can't come.
Dark Wolf (Fred C. Parsons III)
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:52 am    Post subject: Adventurecon 2006 Reply with quote

Well I just looked on the web site for Adv. Con and they are saying that Ray Park is going to be there.
Jodo Kirvanti (Martin Arnold)
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 8:35 pm    Post subject: Adventurecon 2006 Reply with quote

Yes, Ray Park will be there. And, as a consequence, so will I for sure. I can't miss seeing again the only Star Wars celebrity that knows me by name!
Alli ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:20 pm    Post subject: Adventurecon 2006 Reply with quote

Would anyone be interested in doing a group costume or something?

Dark Wolf (Fred C. Parsons III)
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:49 am    Post subject: Adventurecon 2006 Reply with quote

Yep what costume?

Alli ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:07 am    Post subject: Adventurecon 2006 Reply with quote

I dont know O.o

It's just an idea...

Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:25 pm    Post subject: Adventurecon 2006 Reply with quote

I think it would be great if we all had Rebel Trooper costumes to clash with the Stormies of the 501st. I just might have to look into those that have those costumes and see what the cost is to create one.
Alli ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:56 pm    Post subject: Adventurecon 2006 Reply with quote

I am actually in the process of making the Endor trooper...might that be a good group costume? It's somewhat easy to put together until you get to the helmet- which I have an idea on how to make just havent tried it yet.

Hopefully tomorrow I'll be painting the fabric before I go to class..

Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:14 pm    Post subject: Adventurecon 2006 Reply with quote

I could go for Endor trooper. I just hope I have the skill needed to create one!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Corellian Base -> Corellian Archive All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: