Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=df55645999ccd3d448e34395aaddc4edMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

SWW 2014 Rules and Info
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> COSTUME STANDARDS -> Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
loosetoon (Steve)
Bespin Base CO
Bespin Base CO

Medals: 6 (View more...)
2018 Dragon Con Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could we please have the Pilot stipulation updated in the first post? Here's what it says on the FL boards:

"Pilots must wear their helmets and remember no holsters/sidearm for Xwing pilots."

The first post here only says Pilots can wear or carry their helmets and nothing about the sidearms.

Thanks.

Rebel Legion Profile

Keki Mpira (Audrey Paul)
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

loosetoon wrote:
Could we please have the Pilot stipulation updated in the first post? Here's what it says on the FL boards:

"Pilots must wear their helmets and remember no holsters/sidearm for Xwing pilots."

The first post here only says Pilots can wear or carry their helmets and nothing about the sidearms.

Thanks.

Thanks for catching on FLG boards.

It is kind of rough keeping up some times Surprised

1st post updated!!!
Princess Sandy ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Dragon Con 2014 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a way we can get that clarified as to why the pilots have to wear their helmets and cannot carry them??
Last year helmets were not a requirement and now they are, but now all pilots are required to wear their helmets the whole time too?
Can we get some more info about why pilots cannot have the option to wear the helmet or carry the helmet like in the movie, or why this rule as come into action this year for better understanding?
Rebel Legion Reserve

Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Princess Sandy wrote:
Is there a way we can get that clarified as to why the pilots have to wear their helmets and cannot carry them??
Last year helmets were not a requirement and now they are, but now all pilots are required to wear their helmets the whole time too?
Can we get some more info about why pilots cannot have the option to wear the helmet or carry the helmet like in the movie, or why this rule as come into action this year for better understanding?

It is for the complete look that Disney is wanting. The Rebels is being showcased this year and Mickey is in Xwing on the posters merchandise etc.

Like has been previously stated, last year is last year. There are new restrictions and the RL is not being singled out. There are plenty of restrictions on 501st side as well.
Princess Sandy ()
Active Legion Member

CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the quick clarification, Audrey. Smile
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A question about generic Jedi. I have an Anakin styled generic Jedi and my other lighter tunic more like Obi-Wan. Neither costume is exactly like the movies (my lighter one has darker pants etc). The post says if your costume is from the movies you can march. Well I just wanted to clarify this. Does it have to be exactly like...or can it still be generic Jedi but just has to be in the colors like the movies. The post made it sound as if only Jedi costumes from the movies would be allowed.
Keki Mpira (Audrey Paul)
Rebel Legion Reserve

Boston Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kodiak wrote:
A question about generic Jedi. I have an Anakin styled generic Jedi and my other lighter tunic more like Obi-Wan. Neither costume is exactly like the movies (my lighter one has darker pants etc). The post says if your costume is from the movies you can march. Well I just wanted to clarify this. Does it have to be exactly like...or can it still be generic Jedi but just has to be in the colors like the movies. The post made it sound as if only Jedi costumes from the movies would be allowed.

Generic jedis are allowable as long as they are in the color schemes of browns, oatmeals, blacks. They do not have to be from a movie.
LT-22 (Lance Tomkins)
Active Legion Member

Colorado Wildfires 2012 Relief Award (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keki Mpira wrote:
Princess Sandy wrote:

It is for the complete look that Disney is wanting. The Rebels is being showcased this year and Mickey is in Xwing on the posters merchandise etc.

Like has been previously stated, last year is last year. There are new restrictions and the RL is not being singled out. There are plenty of restrictions on 501st side as well.

This year Disney really wants to showcase the RL. Rebel is kind of their thing this year. Wink But they are looking for the full look as well. This really is not like any other troop. This is a production that has been months in the works and even have their own castings for their SW characters. They understand as we are a volunteer group, that we don't have castings like they do. They literally look at height and weight for all their cast members to even be considered for a part. Though they feel like they can't generally request this of us for the generic troopers; what they can do is express the look they are going for. It's our job to deliver that look and feel that's in step with their parade. See what I did there? Lol

When Audrey came to us about the pilots wearing their helmets instead of carrying them or even having them in general; my XO, Disney contact, and myself agreed that the pilots wearing the helmets offers that complete look like you all just stepped out of your X-Wing. Last year we had some wear them, some not, and some with none at all. Looked disorganized in a way when we reviewed the parade post SWW. The uniform look will play well with the flow and make you all look more like a unified squadron ready to fight the empire Vs the mix match of pilots. Hope that makes sense and I am explaining it well. Lol. Long morning
Jace Darkrider (Ian Letendre)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cannot stress enough when submitting photos for approval to make sure you are bringing your "A" game. Costumes need to appear to be clean, pressed and fitting properly. This is has always been one of the most high profile events the Legion does and now that Disney is the new boss, we need to step our image up one more notch. I implore everyone to make sure when you submit that photo for approval - and more importantly when you show up to march - that it looks like you just walked out of the wardrobe department of Lucasfilm and you're ready to walk onto a movie set.
KJO Council 2012-2013
CO/XO Bespin Base 2004-2006
TI/IC 1074, 501st Legion

Connor ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excited to march with you rebel scum again. Here's to another year in the heat! Very Happy
Red Four (Bernard Finnigan)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jace Darkrider wrote:
Bernard - I understand your frustrations,.

Out of respect for the thread, response given via PM

Rose Parade Veteran
Star Wars in Concert
Kryy Jacobi (Karyn W)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 9 (View more...)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clarification on the two troops, please. Smile

I will be submitting two costumes.... do I need to list only two troops (no matter what costume) or four troops (two troops each wearing those specific costumes)?

Proverbs 3:5-6

Check out our new Facebook Fan Page! https://www.facebook.com/BespinBaseGA
Torment

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two troops total. It can be in any costume you like. As long as it is RL or 501st based.
Kryy Jacobi (Karyn W)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 9 (View more...)
Dragon Con Planning Team Volunteer (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you! Smile

Proverbs 3:5-6

Check out our new Facebook Fan Page! https://www.facebook.com/BespinBaseGA
randyh822 (Randy Herman)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those approved to march, the swag threads are posted in the approved marcher section. They are only open a week so order quick
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> COSTUME STANDARDS -> Archive All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: