Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=0b4a0ced953ca73eb8c35817a95a48c9Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

SWW 2014 Rules and Info
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> COSTUME STANDARDS -> Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Keki Mpira (Audrey Paul)
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:30 am    Post subject: SWW 2014 Rules and Info Reply with quote

1. If you have armor, wear it, if your ONLY costume is a soft costume then wear that.

2. Participation in SWW is open to all 501st and Rebel Legion members with approved costumes that are in good standing with the 501st/Rebel Legion. SWW is not open to anyone currently under disciplinary action or expulsion from either group. Non members will not be allowed to march (no family, friends, spouses, etc.). Family and/or friends may ride with you, but they cannot enter "tent city", the hangar, or the backstage area, and they cannot use the same entrance to the park we will use. Only people signed up to march will be issued a badge allowing access to the tents, hangar, and parade entrance to the park. Your family and friends should go to the front main entrance to the park. You can join them after the parade by exiting the tent/hangar area and going to the main entrance of the park. You will need to use a Park Ticket or annual pass to enter.

3. No waving, pointing, thumbs up, nodding, smiling toward fans (non-helmeted) or direct interaction while in the march (including pointing weapons). We are a military unit. Absolutely NO talking to the guests. The only exception is that the jedis may wave to guests.

4. Canon costumes only unless the CO has granted you special permission via Disney (still must be an approved Legion costumes). Characters used by Disney will not be allowed per Disney (subject to change as we will inquire about these costumes and the scope of Disney used characters). Disney wants costumes that were seen in Episodes 1-6, The Clone Wars, and SELECT, WELL KNOWN Expanded Universe characters. Approved, active members signing up for Star Wars Weekends 2014 will be required to state (at the time of sign up) what costumes they will wear. Members will not be allowed to "swap" costumes with other members. Members will wear their approved costume that they signed up to wear. You will wear your costume as you submitted it for approval, no "extras or accessories" after approval will be allowed. In the event of a costume malfunction, the member will need to contact the command staff one week prior to the march date. If the member has an alternate "approved" costume, they will then be allowed to substitute it for the march.

a. No badges, patches, stickers or any related items will be allowed visible, that is not part of you approved canon costume. Please remove these before you arrive at SWW. (Example - Legion/Garrison/Squad swag). Prescription glasses needed for walking/functioning are allowed. Reading glasses, sunglasses, and "character enhancements" are not. NO JEWELRY EXCEPT WEDDING BANDS! Wedding bands do not have to be removed but please rotate large rings inside the palm to make them less visible.

5. The RL and Florida GML will not be approving costumes on the spot, get them approved now.

6. Only active members will be allowed to march, clear up your status first.

7. 501st/Rebel Legion members will report on time and before the entry gate’s opening. Members who arrive late will not be allowed to march that day. Once the dogs start inspecting the bins members will not be allowed to place gear for inspection.

8. All members will be in costume and reviewed prior to parade start by Command Staff.

9. Approved, active FLG, RL and NON-Garrison members will be required to have trooped 2 events, in costume, between June 30, 2013, and the beginning of the sign up period for Star Wars Weekends 2014

a. Squad leaders should track the event attendance of their membership throughout the period between June 30, 2013, and the beginning of the sign up period for Star Wars Weekends 2014.

b. Members with no squad affiliation will be required to provide the command staff with the two events they have participated in during the period between June 30, 2013, and the beginning of the sign up period for Star Wars Weekends 2014.

c. In order to gain access to the SWW private forum, Florida Garrison/ NON-Garrison/ Members are going to be required to submit pictures of their approved costumes to the GML/CS they plan on wearing at SWW. If you have a new/old costume you need approval for, now is the time. Unapproved costumes will not be allowed for use.

** Rebel legion pictures will by handled by Audrey and Chris of Ra Kura and the info will be will be sent to the FLG CS.

d. Members that do not meet this requirement or fail to comply will not be allowed to participate in Star Wars Weekends 2014. No exceptions.

10. If your costume is deemed unacceptable you will be asked to sit out the parade and asked not to return until the costume issue is corrected. You will stand by the hangar/garage area until the parade’s end, and you will not receive your complimentary tickets. All costumes should be visually inspected prior to your arrival at Disney Hollywood Studios.

11. Cameras are not allowed backstage Disney and vicinity of the TV parking lot gate we go through to get backstage. This is a Disney rule that will be strictly enforced. Photography is prohibited backstage at Disney. Anyone caught taking photos backstage will turn in their badge, return to the dressing area, and will not march or receive a ticket for that day. At that point you may be dismissed from further participation at SWW.

12. After K9 makes their rounds, do not leave tent city without checking with a CS member prior to going. Bathroom breaks and getting suited up are the exception.

13. Tickets and passes.

a. Members who sign up and do not complete the march will not be allowed to receive their complimentary tickets. If you do not feel that you can complete the march, do not sign up. Understand that Star Wars Weekends is held in May and June, in Orlando. Temperatures can reach upwards of 100 degrees with high percentages of humidity. You can expect to be in these conditions, in the open sun, for at least three hours. Members who feel that they can not march in these conditions should not sign up, and allow other members to fill the available slots.

b. Water will be provided. If you don't want water please bring your own source of hydration.

14. Additional on-site rules will be announced each day of the event.

15. Follow the chain of command. DO NOT go to Disney with issues, bring them to the FLG or RL CS.

** Deadline for all photo/troops etc. will be on Friday, May 9th 2014.

Updated: All Rebel Pilots will be required to either carry or wear a helmet.

Updated: Jedi - please make sure that your costume is sharp and pressed for the parades. It does not need to be wrinkled. I would advise anyone against traveling to Disney in their jedi costume. There are places to change. I am not trying to be mean but if you show up a wrinkled mess you will not march.

Update 4/5/14
This is from FLG:

This is a post a regrettably have to make and TRUST me not a post I am happy about having to post.

Just heard back from the today and found out we have a set hardline cap this year of 150 marchers a day. We are going to try to leverage more troopers being allowed to attend, but that is simply a promise we can not guarantee that it will happen. We are going to give it our best though; that's something we can promise!

Now 150 sounds like a high number, but when last year each day we were pushing that number with many days hitting about or over 180 this year will has to be a bit different. Not to mention that currently the signup has only been open for 3 days and the rate we are hitting numbers is comparable to what we were hitting multiple weeks into the signup last year (2013). So after discussing with Timmy, Randy, Zach, and Audrey; we have came to the following conclusion to sort this out since this is the first year a cap has been set in place that I predict we will easily surpass.

As of now we are ONLY accepting Movie and Television seen costumes at this point in time. What does that mean? If your costume if from the Original Trilogy (OT), Prequel Trilogy (PT), or Clone Wars (CW) TV show you will be able to be approved to march and granted access into the SWW Marcher section. If your costume is not seen on screen, from a video game, or EU PLEASE do still submit as we can approve your costume BUT your costume will be placed on a waiting list for either if we don't hit the 150 mark or Disney gives us a higher cap. The plan is to give Disney what they want most, Movie followed closely by TV. Again, if we do not hit the 150 cap I want to try to bring in as many as we can of the other unseen costumes, EU, and video game characters.

So you have an Approved OT, PT, and/or CW Costume:
You can submit your photos as normal and Zach will start adding people into the SWW Approved Marcher usergroup which would open a new forum where you can then sign up for the event, get hotel info, and other SWW info including swag.

NOTE: We are only given 150 spots to fill. That means when you sign up for a slot you are taking a slot from another trooper wanting to march. That being said, there is NO cancelation policy this year. If you sign up for a series of days and miss one day, you will then NOT be allowed to march any of the following SWW days. If you have a valid reason as to why you missed the days troop, this may be waived. We fully understand life happens and certain things are unpreventable, but we don't want people signing up for all days "just in case" which in turn ends up taking a spot from a trooper who can and is waiting to get in.

Also cause of this we can not stress enough NO THEME DAYS. I have already heard that select groups are planning unofficial theme days on Facebook. With a parade of 150, having theme days take away drastically from the crowds enjoyment of the show. You are then taking how many spots away from a variety of costumes that the guests want to see. PLEASE PLEASE think of the guests, who we are here for, not for ourselves. This event is not for us, but for the guests who travel many of miles to get there to see the parade and experience SWW. If there is a grouping of select costumes; CS reserves the right to ask people to either change costumes or sit out. PLEASE don't make us have to do this. We are all grown men and women here.

So you have an unseen, EU, and/or Videogame character costume:
Please do continue submit your photos for costume review. Zach will review the costumes and approve them BUT you will not be granted SWW Marcher access until either:
A- We do not hit the 150 mark for the day. (We will be making rough estimates weekly to get a feel of how signup is looking and try to squeeze in as many of you all in this category as possible. We will be pulling in the order of submission for these spots)
B- Disney raises our cap bar. (Hoping this happens!!)

Thank you all for your understanding and hopefully next announcement will be some more positive news.

Update: 4/7
There has been some confusion regarding costume approvals. Please be aware that just because your costume is RL approved, does not guarantee approval for SWW parade.

Also, please keep in mind that some costumes may be approved but may be placed on the wait list for the parade due to the fact that there are only 150 spots open per parade. These costumes are more of the not so recognized characters.

I have also placed this update in the photo submission thread.

Update: 4/8/14
Pilots must wear their helmets and remember no holsters/sidearm for Xwing pilots.

Last edited by Keki Mpira (Audrey Paul) on Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:09 pm; edited 5 times in total
~Casper~ (Jenn Burns)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Force for a Cure (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"9. Approved, active FLG, RL and NON-Garrison members will be required to have trooped 2 events, in costume, between June 30, 2013, and the beginning of the sign up period for Star Wars Weekends 2014"

so i was just recently approved, but don't yet have two my troops in, since the sign ups have already started does this mean i'm not eligible?, i have two troops planned for the next two weekends.
Keki Mpira (Audrey Paul)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

~Casper~ wrote:
"9. Approved, active FLG, RL and NON-Garrison members will be required to have trooped 2 events, in costume, between June 30, 2013, and the beginning of the sign up period for Star Wars Weekends 2014"

so i was just recently approved, but don't yet have two my troops in, since the sign ups have already started does this mean i'm not eligible?, i have two troops planned for the next two weekends.

You will not be able to sign up until after your 2 troops.

What I would advise is to go a head and take your pictures and then when the two troops are done all you will have to do is submit it. Very Happy

You are not the only one in that boat. I was there a couple of years ago with my imperial officer. I wound up getting it completed and approved to do 2 separate events for Free Comic Book Day.
cbradshaw007 (Chris Bradshaw)
Active Legion Member

Celebration17 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4. Canon costumes only unless the CO has granted you special permission via Disney

Can I get verification that my Republic Commando (Black Grunt) would be allowed?
Keki Mpira (Audrey Paul)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cbradshaw007 wrote:
4. Canon costumes only unless the CO has granted you special permission via Disney

Can I get verification that my Republic Commando (Black Grunt) would be allowed?

I am checking on it.
~Casper~ (Jenn Burns)
Active Legion Member

Force for a Cure (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keki Mpira wrote:
~Casper~ wrote:

You will not be able to sign up until after your 2 troops.

What I would advise is to go a head and take your pictures and then when the two troops are done all you will have to do is submit it. Very Happy

You are not the only one in that boat. I was there a couple of years ago

with my imperial officer. I wound up getting it completed and approved to do 2 separate events for Free Comic Book Day.

thank you very much.
Keki Mpira (Audrey Paul)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keki Mpira wrote:
cbradshaw007 wrote:

I am checking on it.

I have been asked to have all clones, jawas, and tuskens to post the submission pics through the FLG boards.
ace0022 ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick question, what about the Galactic Academy kids? Do they get to do SWW? I have two young ones that would love to do it.
Keki Mpira (Audrey Paul)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ace0022 wrote:
Quick question, what about the Galactic Academy kids? Do they get to do SWW? I have two young ones that would love to do it.

No Galactic Academy. This is out of our control. Disney requires 18 and over for the parades.

Of course they can be spectators and go fo the jedi training at Hollywood Studios
Nhoj Trebor ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excuse me if I missed this but will receive one ticket per parade, as the last several tears, or two, as we used too?

It says tickets.

Dagobah Base - Episode II Clone Trooper Commander
501st Bast Alpha Garrison - SL 2494
CC 2494
Keki Mpira (Audrey Paul)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nhoj Trebor wrote:
Excuse me if I missed this but will receive one ticket per parade, as the last several tears, or two, as we used too?

It says tickets.

It is only 1 ticket per person for each parade.
TrooperPX (David Ramsay)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 6 (View more...)
Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will this ticket be good for Disney's Hollywood Studios only? ...or at any of their parks?

Will this ticket be good only on the day issued? ...or will there be a date range of use?

501st: ID, DZ, CT, IS, DZ, IG, TI, IC, IC, TK, TS, SL, SL, TB, DS, TR, BH, TA, ID, TI, DZ
Rebel: RT, RS, JD, WH, RP, JD, RT, CL, RT, RS, RT, WH, JD, RT, RT
Apollo Base - Columbus, Ohio
Keki Mpira (Audrey Paul)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TrooperPX wrote:
Will this ticket be good for Disney's Hollywood Studios only? ...or at any of their parks?

Will this ticket be good only on the day issued? ...or will there be a date range of use?

You will get a 1 day 1 park ticket which will have an expiration date on the back and it will need to be used before then.

Typically the ticket is good for Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Animal Kingdom, and Hollywood Studios.

Where you choose to use the ticket is up to you. However it can only be used at 1 park. So if you want to go see the SWW merchandise etc and you use the ticket you earned that day; then that ticket is done.

I hope I didn't confuse you. Very Happy
Nhoj Trebor ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you.
So gone for good are the two tickets per marcher per parade.

Dagobah Base - Episode II Clone Trooper Commander
501st Bast Alpha Garrison - SL 2494
CC 2494
Keki Mpira (Audrey Paul)
Rebel Legion Reserve

Boston Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nhoj Trebor wrote:
Thank you.
So gone for good are the two tickets per marcher per parade.

They have been gone for awhile.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> COSTUME STANDARDS -> Archive All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: