Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=5f7542a198e006fcf9c4ed5dc9a5bb91Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

s3 ahsoka build

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Clones of the Republic -> Animated clones
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dr.FumblesMcStupid ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:52 pm    Post subject: s3 ahsoka build Reply with quote

hi, my name is catherine and I'm getting ready to build a season 3 Ahsoka outfit. I have a plan for making the head piece already, I just need some input on what fabrics to use for the costume and where to get or how to make screen accurate light sabers.

I'm planning on going shopping for fabric next weekend. The show doesn't really give great hints as to what types of fabric I should get because it is all flat color. So any tips? What type of fabric to I have to make it out of to get approved? Or should I just grab what I think is best?

Thanks.
Lauphen_Staar (Emma)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen some really great builds where they use a simple stretch cotton or something similar. As long as there's give in the fabric, it should be close to accuracy.

What's your plan on the headpiece? I'm completely stumped XD

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lauphen_Staar wrote:
I've seen some really great builds where they use a simple stretch cotton or something similar. As long as there's give in the fabric, it should be close to accuracy.

What's your plan on the headpiece? I'm completely stumped XD

That is what I was thinking, just getting a stretch fabric and using a Stretch dress I have for the pattern, just wanted to make sure there wasnt a specific type of material people needed to use for approval.

For the headpiece I am getting some help from my cousin who has worked molding composites for the last 20 years, so I have all the help I need. We looked at these http://www.therpf.com/f24/shaak-ti-headpiece-build-finally-finished-pics-latest-post-65766/index2.html two http://www.therpf.com/f79/ahsoka-tano-revisting-my-daughters-costume-78328/ links for ideas.

We are debating going one of two ways, either just molding the top part of the head piece and making the tentacly parts out of fabric and then paiting it with skin flex and filling it with movable foam, or building the whole thing and paiting it with skin flex and then use acitone to eat away the styrafoam and clay base and then fill it with flexable foam. It all depends on wether I think I will need more than one head piece because method two destroys the mold.

[/url]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Clones of the Republic -> Animated clones All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: