Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=be2004ae3fd5500e9a826f882d17268cMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Padme refugee gown headpeice?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Padme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HRCoombes ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:45 pm    Post subject: Padme refugee gown headpeice? Reply with quote

Has anyone made one?
Is anyone making and selling?
I've bitten off more I can chew right now Sad
Queen Amidala (Mary Alice Ladd)
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Dragon Con 2015 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out http://www.naergilien.info/my-costumes/various/star-wars-amidala-travel-dress/star-wars-senator-amidalas-travel-dress/
Scroll down there are lots of great details photos showing steps used to make a repro of the headpiece.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you! I did see this page, it looks intense.
I wonder if it would be an approved costume without it, and with the lace material cover instead?
Queen Amidala (Mary Alice Ladd)
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Dragon Con 2015 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Per http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8974
Quote:
Crowning the head must be either of the following: an arched Art Deco-like halo headpiece with a sunburst design filled with a woven basket-like ground in a metallic burnished copper/bronze with hints of gold and green tarnish atop a partial decorative skullcap OR a tall but thin, lightly scalloped halo headpiece covered in a very dense golden yellow lace veil, gathered tightly to the halo, with the gathers framing the face to the shoulders and extending to a point just below the waist.

Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you go for the metal headpiece, you will need the purple/blue overcoat. With the lace headpiece, you don't need it. The purple overcoat is only worn with the metal headpiece.

That being said, I've been planning for a long time to make cast pieces of my own metal headpiece (which was linked to by Queen Amidala and which can also be seen in my avatar).
But it will be end of summer or later before I start doing those casts and make them available for others; I currently have extreme problems with one of my eyes and am awfully slow at doing the stuff I already do.
HRCoombes ()

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naergi if you do decide to do one, please don't hesitate to PM me. Your tutorial for the dress is the one I'm currently following, struggling with the headpeice badly though Sad
Blue (Beth)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naergi wrote:
If you go for the metal headpiece, you will need the purple/blue overcoat. With the lace headpiece, you don't need it. The purple overcoat is only worn with the metal headpiece.

That being said, I've been planning for a long time to make cast pieces of my own metal headpiece (which was linked to by Queen Amidala and which can also be seen in my avatar).
But it will be end of summer or later before I start doing those casts and make them available for others; I currently have extreme problems with one of my eyes and am awfully slow at doing the stuff I already do.

If you do make casts, let me know. I have a friend who I am helping with this costume. We just started on it in January. This was the one piece we have been struggling with. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Padme All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: