About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=d43d7db02bbd7d501793609961ac75f8Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Dallas Symphony Orchesta event, 2/7, 2/8
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Kessel Base -> Kessel Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
James Kenobi 1138 ()
Archived Member Profile

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:26 am    Post subject: Dallas Symphony Orchesta event, 2/7, 2/8 Reply with quote

I might/should be able to make it on Tuesday night, I'll email you the end of this weekend.
Princess_Lesa (Lesa Williams)
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:20 pm    Post subject: Dallas Symphony Orchesta event, 2/7, 2/8 Reply with quote

I may switch to Thursday. That is better for my work schedule.
rogue-alpha ()

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:37 am    Post subject: Dallas Symphony Orchesta event, 2/7, 2/8 Reply with quote

Ok, I count 4 people coming. Anyone else planning on attending, and which day are you going to attend?
James Kenobi 1138 ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 11:45 pm    Post subject: Dallas Symphony Orchesta event, 2/7, 2/8 Reply with quote

I can make the Tuesday show in my ANH 'Old Ben' costume, complete with white beard and hair.  You can see pics of my costume in my SDCC05 folder here:  http://photos.yahoo.com/jw_mcmillen

Sending email now.

James Kenobi 1138 ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 4:04 am    Post subject: Dallas Symphony Orchesta event, 2/7, 2/8 Reply with quote

As of Sunday, I was informed by Craig that only the 501st would be able to attend, not the RL.  We can still purchase tickets and sit in the audience, but not be part of the official show.

I'm hoping the situation changes, please email Craig for questions and concerns.

MisserCraig ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:47 pm    Post subject: Dallas Symphony Orchesta event, 2/7, 2/8 Reply with quote

As of now, the DSO has requested that only 501st members take part in the show.  They seem to only want "armored and masked" characters in the show.   RL members are welcome to come in costume, but they will no longer have a part in the march or on the stage.  From my understanding, the 501st wanted to RL in the show, and the DSO was pretty much abiding by what the 501st wanted, but Anthony Daniels shot down the idea of unmasked characters.  I'm sorry for all the confusion, as i was told to make the initial post when we were still trying to involve the RL. 
Gatorvet (Laurie Kutch)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 2:49 am    Post subject: Dallas Symphony Orchesta event, 2/7, 2/8 Reply with quote

We have been planning on coming on Thursday.  I emailed Todd Berna last week twice about tickets and haven't heard back.  My husband and I are new to the group, but really wanted to come in our Jedi costumes (still waiting on full-membership approval).  Anyone else have trouble getting the group-rate tickets?

Thanks, Laurie

StormtrooperPrincess ()

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:37 pm    Post subject: Dallas Symphony Orchesta event, 2/7, 2/8 Reply with quote

I never heard back from Todd, either.

As of right now, I don't know if I'll be going in costume or not. Partly the DSO decision, partly because I'll be with Davin.
Gatorvet (Laurie Kutch)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:29 am    Post subject: Dallas Symphony Orchesta event, 2/7, 2/8 Reply with quote

I did get hold of Todd this morning by phone (called the DSO number from their website and asked for him).  He was very nice and got me the tickets I needed.  He said he never received my emails, so I don't know if the address was right. Thanks!

MisserCraig ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:11 pm    Post subject: Dallas Symphony Orchesta event, 2/7, 2/8 Reply with quote

I just wanted to make this post to say... I've gotten a few rather rude emails from some RL members about their involvement being nixed by DSO.  Please don't shoot the messenger!  It's not my fault!  I can assure you that everything in the 501sts power was done to keep the RL involved, but in the end, we are NOT the authority in the matter.  Most of you have been very nice and understanding about the confusion, but to those of you who haven't, please stand back, take a deep breath, and refrain from flaming my e-mail address.  Thanks
rogue-alpha ()

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:58 pm    Post subject: Dallas Symphony Orchesta event, 2/7, 2/8 Reply with quote

Well, the event's over now, and a wordeful time was had by all that went. I wanted to say thank you to everyone who attended, and I'm sorry that I couldn't get you added to the show. As Craig said, The 501st was not the authority, and neither was the DSO. Anthony Daniels shot down everyone's participation, except for our march ( my understanding is tha the DSO had to fight to keep that.). The show was originally scheduled to include alot more from the 501st as well as the RL. I sincerely apologize for getting everyone's hopes up.

rogue-alpha ()

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:58 pm    Post subject: Dallas Symphony Orchesta event, 2/7, 2/8 Reply with quote

Well, the event's over now, and a wordeful time was had by all that went. I wanted to say thank you to everyone who attended, and I'm sorry that I couldn't get you added to the show. As Craig said, The 501st was not the authority, and neither was the DSO. Anthony Daniels shot down everyone's participation, except for our march ( my understanding is tha the DSO had to fight to keep that.). The show was originally scheduled to include alot more from the 501st as well as the RL. I sincerely apologize for getting everyone's hopes up.

StormtrooperPrincess ()

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 2:07 am    Post subject: Dallas Symphony Orchesta event, 2/7, 2/8 Reply with quote

Unsticking.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Kessel Base -> Kessel Archive All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: