About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=5fce180f2f441693bc5e114ee4f41159Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Dallas Symphony Orchesta event, 2/7, 2/8
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Kessel Base -> Kessel Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MisserCraig ()
Archived Member Profile

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 12:43 am    Post subject: Dallas Symphony Orchesta event, 2/7, 2/8 Reply with quote

Not sure why Kristi hasn't posted this yet... She's usually so good about this kind of thing!  but anyway, the Dallas Symphony Orchestra will be playing Star Wars Febuary 7 and 8, 2006, and the 501st Legion has been asked to appear by the promoters.  I am also a member of The 501st, so I've been asked by an event planner to make a post here . We also need rebels!  If you're interested, you can e-mail me at Drumjams27@aol.com and I will make sure you get counted in.  We are mainly looking for the big-name characters, Han Solo, Anakin, Leia etc.  However, if you've got a generic jedi costume or something, you're more than welcome to come as well, though you may not get stage time.  Stage performers will recieve free admission, and 501st and Rebel Legion members will recieve discounted admission.  Also, if by any chance any of you have a Darth Maul costume, we really need one of those!!  Thanks a lot guys, hopefully you can make it.

Craig

ps- Kristi, please sticky this up!  Hope you're doing alright, haven't heard from you in awhile.

StormtrooperPrincess ()

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 3:00 am    Post subject: Dallas Symphony Orchesta event, 2/7, 2/8 Reply with quote

I can possibly make it on the Wednesday night performance.
MisserCraig ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 4:50 am    Post subject: Dallas Symphony Orchesta event, 2/7, 2/8 Reply with quote

Rachel, that's awesome.  Keep me informed!
MiraxTHorn (Carrie Ivey)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:43 am    Post subject: Dallas Symphony Orchesta event, 2/7, 2/8 Reply with quote

Good luck to Kessel Base and Star Garrison on this event! The Midwest Base and Michigan Squad (501st) just finished our performances with the Detroit Symphony Orchestra today.   It was a delightful experience but a ton of work, so we know what you've got coming.

The conductor, Maestro Erich Kunzel, specifically said to us that he hopes the RL and 501st in Dallas will be there to make it a special event. If we can assist in any way with info or what worked for us, please let us know. I was the primary organizer for the Detroit event and I'd be glad to help if I can.

Regards,

M.
StormtrooperPrincess ()

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 8:03 pm    Post subject: Dallas Symphony Orchesta event, 2/7, 2/8 Reply with quote

Looking at my work schedule, I can definately make the February 8 concert. More than likely Senatorial Leia, since it's the most recognizable.

Do you have an idea of how much the discounted tickets will be? And if we can get more than one?

Carrie, any help/advice you can give will be greatly appreciated, I'm sure! :-)
rogue-alpha ()

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:55 pm    Post subject: Dallas Symphony Orchesta event, 2/7, 2/8 Reply with quote

Carrie, I sent you a PM. I'm the one in charge of planning this event for the 501st here ihn Dallas. If you could email me  sithpig@aol.com, I'd love to hear what you did.
MiraxTHorn (Carrie Ivey)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:36 pm    Post subject: Dallas Symphony Orchesta event, 2/7, 2/8 Reply with quote

Brian - I will email you tonight when I get home!

Regards,

M.

rogue-alpha ()

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 1:04 pm    Post subject: Dallas Symphony Orchesta event, 2/7, 2/8 Reply with quote

Thanks Carrie, The info was very helpful.

Is anyone planning on attending this event other than StormtrooperPrincess? The DSO has requested members from the RL to appear. They would like to have costumers in the lobby at the beginning of the show, during intermission, and at the end of the show. They have discounted tickets for the best seats in the house available.

Princess_Lesa (Lesa Williams)
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 4:12 pm    Post subject: Dallas Symphony Orchesta event, 2/7, 2/8 Reply with quote

I can probably make it on Tuesday in the Padme Brown Sleeveless (Mustafar). Send me an email with details (mail@lesawilliams.com).
rogue-alpha ()

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:05 am    Post subject: Dallas Symphony Orchesta event, 2/7, 2/8 Reply with quote

Ok, pretty much, they would like the members to be there at 6:00pm on both days if possible. there is a rehearsal on 2/7 from 1:00pm-3:30pm. They would like as many people as possible to make the rehearsal. They are requesting that main characters be limited to 1 only, and have requested that no slave leia's are worn.  Tickets are discounted, and to purchase tickets, email Todd Berna at:  tberna@DalSym.com  . Tell him that you are with the Rebel Legion. Tickets are discounted 25%. 

They would like for the members to be in the lobby before the show, during intermission, and after. DFW Fanforce wiil also be there on 2/8. And Anthony Daniels is narrating the event.

Ahhnuld ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:45 pm    Post subject: Dallas Symphony Orchesta event, 2/7, 2/8 Reply with quote

I plan on being there all Jedied out, and am bring the family. Don't know which day yet.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
rogue-alpha ()

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:07 pm    Post subject: Dallas Symphony Orchesta event, 2/7, 2/8 Reply with quote

They are now talking about the possibility of adding the 9th. They said that they concert has sold very well.
rogue-alpha ()

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:30 pm    Post subject: Dallas Symphony Orchesta event, 2/7, 2/8 Reply with quote

The 9th has been added.
StormtrooperPrincess ()

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:45 pm    Post subject: Dallas Symphony Orchesta event, 2/7, 2/8 Reply with quote

I'll have to double check with Davin, but I should be able to make that concert as well.
rogue-alpha ()

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:27 am    Post subject: Dallas Symphony Orchesta event, 2/7, 2/8 Reply with quote

Great! I'm going to email the DSO and se if there's any changes. I'll let you know
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Kessel Base -> Kessel Archive All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: