Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=13e6f5028ec1d52b8ae2bee6c590367fMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Padme Arena Battle outfit help???
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Padme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KEU002 (Katelyn Daski)
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:19 am    Post subject: Padme Arena Battle outfit help??? Reply with quote

I am currently looking to do a Padme arena battle outfit from Ep. 2, but I'm not entirely sure where to start? Where would be the best place to buy this outfit, or where could I find the patterns for the top and bottom?

I found these two potential places to buy the outfit but am unsure as to whether they are passable or not. Any input on these would be greatly appreciated:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/92260616/star-wars-padme-white-battle-outfit?ref=sr_gallery_19&ga_search_query=padme+costume&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=US&ga_search_type=all

or

https://www.etsy.com/listing/178917743/padme-cosplay-costume-battle-outfit?ref=sr_gallery_1&ga_search_query=padme+costume&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=US&ga_search_type=all

Also, I understand that her hairstyle for this outfit is very intricate. I have a pixie haircut, so I will have to use a wig... where can I find directions for this hairstyle?

Thanks so much! Smile white battle padme
Tilsha ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first I would not get, when the shirt was pulled down you should see the pants under. I could also see a bit of the mannequins skin in the close ups. So the fabric would be very see through. Neutral Pretty sure you don't want that.
The second looks good. I would be nitpicky if they have the godet in the armpit. (Personally) it would also lay and feel better.
Tilsha ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AAAHAA I knew there was a thread Cool
http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=53179
KEU002 (Katelyn Daski)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have looked at clothears and they don't seem to be doing an arena Padme... would they if I asked them?
forceflaw (jarred daski)
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Colorado Wildfires 2012 Relief Award (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey thought I would swing by and offer any help. I cant help with clothing however If you need want the battle droid blaster I can paint and weather it for you!
forceflaw (jarred daski)
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Colorado Wildfires 2012 Relief Award (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alsoyou would still need a wig but hear is a way to make that crazy bun in back of hair http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12281&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=120

and for all hard parts

http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=31541&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
KEU002 (Katelyn Daski)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KEU002 wrote:
I have looked at clothears and they don't seem to be doing an arena Padme... would they if I asked them?

Contacted Clothears and received a response... They can do an arena outfit for me for $620 - it would include the shirt, pants, and the cloak. They will do the appropriate stitching, as well.
Is this a good price for what is included (compared to the second Etsy option) or should I look elsewhere (maybe look into making it myself)?

I have also contacted the seller of the second Etsy costume link and asked if they can do the appropriate stitching, as well. I will post about that and their price when I get a response.

Thanks for everyone's help so far! Smile
Darth Penland (Jonathan Penland)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KEU002 wrote:
KEU002 wrote:

Contacted Clothears and received a response... They can do an arena outfit for me for $620 - it would include the shirt, pants, and the cloak. They will do the appropriate stitching, as well.
Is this a good price for what is included (compared to the second Etsy option) or should I look elsewhere (maybe look into making it myself)?

I have also contacted the seller of the second Etsy costume link and asked if they can do the appropriate stitching, as well. I will post about that and their price when I get a response.

Thanks for everyone's help so far! Smile

I ordered the pants and shirt from clothears 2 months ago, they are the best and worth the money. I figured I could source a Less expensive option for the cloak from a waffle weave blanket.
KEU002 (Katelyn Daski)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darth Penland wrote:

I ordered the pants and shirt from clothears 2 months ago, they are the best and worth the money. I figured I could source a Less expensive option for the cloak from a waffle weave blanket.

Did that work for the cloak?
Darth Penland (Jonathan Penland)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KEU002 wrote:
Darth Penland wrote:

Did that work for the cloak?

I haven't tried hunting it down yet, since I'm finishing a mustafar padme costume first, but this part of this thread makes it seem like it won't be too hard
http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12281&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=90
KEU002 (Katelyn Daski)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonathan,
That is very helpful for the shawl. Thank you!!!
Princess Liz Fett (Liz Welsh)
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

I am glad that you are looking to do this one, it is a great costume! Smile

Unfortunately, in the first link, the costume on etsy does not meet the Rebel Legion standards. The sleeves on this costume are set in, and the standards do not allow for set in sleeves. The pants are also missing the top-stitched seams on the front and back.

I would say the same problem with the other etsy listing too. The sleeves are also set in, and the material looks like spandex. The fabric should be a knit fabric. Also, the pants are missing the top-stitched seams. Plus this listing looks ridiculously over-priced in my opinion Sad

Clothears Costumes are a great option for this Smile Their shirt and pants meet our standards. I think they might also make the accessories for the costume, but I'm not 100% sure. I know that legion member Marc Mosiman does make and sell the accessories for this costume.

For the hair, I was able to use a combination of my own hair and extensions. I wrapped the hair around hair curler tubes to create that tight-coiled look.

I hope this helps Smile
Rebel Legion Costumer of the Year 2013
KEU002 (Katelyn Daski)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your input, Liz!

I have gotten in contact with Clothears and will be getting the soft parts through them. I am planning to get the accessories from Marc, as well.

I have found a link that explains nicely how to do my hair, so I'll have to try that out soon! Razz
Sopela123 ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:08 am    Post subject: Padme arena battle costume Reply with quote

Hi all,

First of all I would like to say that is amazing what you are capable of doing with your hands. (excuse my english). Amazing Jobs here !!

I am currently looking for a Padme arena battle costume that meets the requirements to enter the rebel legion.
Regretfully I am afraid I am not so good with handworks as the people I have seen in this fórum, really great works... and I will have to buy everything.

I have contacted clothears but they have a way too long waiting list, I will not bore you with the full story but I need the costume in about 1 month.

If you know someone that wants to sell her costume, will appreciate if you can ask her to contact me.

Thanks !!
LC Skywalker (Lindsay Campbell)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:57 pm    Post subject: Pants seams for Padme Ep2 areana Reply with quote

can any one post a picture of the pants, I am curious where the seams are. I am pouring through pictures. and will be watching the movie soon but I need to see all seams to fully go in to this. I am not intimated by the seams I just need to know where exactly they go.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Padme All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: