Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=f800bf94f61dad207a4ad42378f4d53bMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Jedi Food Capsules Budget Build ( picture heavy)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Alpha Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dark Jedi (Brenden W)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:55 pm    Post subject: Jedi Food Capsules Budget Build ( picture heavy) Reply with quote

hello all, i know i dont post much on here but i have been getting back into working on my costumes more and more. even cleaned out my garage to get back to my work benches .... after finaly finishing my new and improved jedi costume i decided to take a whack at making my first set of Jedi food capsules then found the pens were 14 dollars for a set of 4 ..

now i understand that these were the pend that were actually used i make my things on a budget . the more i can get for my buck the better.. went scouing the office supply store looking for pens that were similar or identical for cheaper so i wouldnt have to waste the expensive pens and i fpound some BIC highlighters set of 5 for like 3 or 4 bucks

here is my build progress i managed to make 3 sets of 5 ( total of 15) for LESS than one set of the roller pens would have cost

it started like this

No outsider will ever rule Mandalore!"
-Bo-Katan Kryze-

Last edited by Dark Jedi (Brenden W) on Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dark Jedi (Brenden W)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

first i cut the pen in half ( after taking the cap off of course)

then removed the ink tube ( if you skip removing the ink cutting ths with a dremmil its not a pretty picture ink gets everywhere.. i emoved the ink tube in a differnt way after this first one because yellow ink got all over my glasses)

-Bo-Katan Kryze-
Dark Jedi (Brenden W)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i mesured how much of the bottom i would need ( used the bottom of the pen as the "' dome peice" to the capsules

i measured using the cap because 90% of what i cut would go in the pen

i made a cut to show how much i would be using

after everything was cut this is what was left

-Bo-Katan Kryze-
Dark Jedi (Brenden W)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

then here are the last few steps

since the top of the pen is slightly smaller than the bottom the bottom peice i cut had to be worked in the cap ( tight fit since it was rough from cutting)

The finished product BEFORE painting

-Bo-Katan Kryze-
Dark Jedi (Brenden W)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the finished prouduct ( priming)

this took a little longer than expected because of how cold it was in my garage

and finnaly the set of 15 all shiny and new

now i know they are not exactly screen accurate but looking at them on my belt its hard to notice a small little detail like the dome on the bottom

i made 15 of these for like 12 bucks

-Bo-Katan Kryze-
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Alpha Base All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: