About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=6e2177b60fb40bc2dc00e44db3538609Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

WONDERCON 2006
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base -> Endor Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JedHead (Matt Tolosa)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Silver Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 7:06 pm    Post subject: WONDERCON 2006 Reply with quote

Hey, all.  Just wondering who's going to WonderCon this year.  For those not familiar, with WC, it's the largest annual con in Northern California, and will be held in San Francisco at Moscone West Convention Center from Feb. 10-12.

http://www.comic-con.org/wc/

The RL photo shoot is tentatively scheduled for Sat. Feb. 11.  The San Francisco Fan Force, the Sacramento Valley Rogue Force, and the 501st will all have tables there (hopefully next to each other).

Hope to see lots of rebels there!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Twi'lek Pam (Pam Simpson)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 4:06 am    Post subject: WONDERCON 2006 Reply with quote

I'll definitely be there... we've already had our hotel reservation for months!

My husband and I will be driving to SF on Friday evening, and then we'll be at the convention Sat and Sun.  I promised him I'd be in the 501st picture this year (I wimped out and played photographer last year), so I'll probably wear my Mara Jade costume on Saturday, and then go as Aayla Secura on Sunday.  I can't wait to see how things will be set up in the new building!

Pam :-)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Tionne Hawk (Bridget Maguire)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 9:31 pm    Post subject: WONDERCON 2006 Reply with quote

I will be there all three days with two costumes (Jedi and TIE Pilot).

The SVRF may not have a table for themselves, but may be stationed at another group's table if we can arrange it. Some miscommunication with the organizers.

I hope to see a lot of new faces and some old friends.

Rogue9 ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 11:35 pm    Post subject: WONDERCON 2006 Reply with quote

Haven't missed it in the last 12 years.
Master Jedi

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 12:23 am    Post subject: WONDERCON 2006 Reply with quote

Oh yeah i'll be there!, Sat & Sun. for sure!

Master Jedi

Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 9:50 am    Post subject: WONDERCON 2006 Reply with quote

This will be my second year (I'm still a bit of a newbie). I'll be helping man the SF Fan Force table on Friday, and hanging out Saturday and Sunday as well.

I'm not sure yet what costume(s) will be worn. If there is no rain I'll try to wear the Padme Purple Senate dress for a while on Saturday, although it's not practical for going to panel discussions in! Fallback costume is Leia.
Kai Vandekar ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:55 pm    Post subject: WONDERCON 2006 Reply with quote

I'll be there Friday (probably) and Saturday (definitely).  Hey, maybe I can actually make it to the RL group photo this time!  *gasp*  I kept missing it at all sorts of cons.

- Kai

Princess Anne ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:38 am    Post subject: WONDERCON 2006 Reply with quote

I hope to be there.
Tionne Hawk (Bridget Maguire)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 3:12 am    Post subject: WONDERCON 2006 Reply with quote

Do we know when the photo shoot will be? The 501st shoot is at about 8:30 am Saturday. Can we do the RL in the afternoon so those of us pulling double-duty can change?

JedHead (Matt Tolosa)
Active Legion Member

Silver Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 6:46 pm    Post subject: WONDERCON 2006 Reply with quote

I'm thinking of having the RL shoot at 12 noon, since there's a lot of panels and other things happening in the afternoon.  Weather permitting, we can have it in the Yerba Buena Gardens across from Metreon by the MLK waterfall.  There's also the round stage area where we recreated the Jedi Council two years ago.  If someone ahs the Padme picnic dress, I could recreate the scene in AOTc with you by the waterfall!
Caged Reality (Sean T. Holden)
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:31 pm    Post subject: WONDERCON 2006 Reply with quote

I'll see you all there.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rogue9 ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:47 pm    Post subject: WONDERCON 2006 Reply with quote

While checking the convention time I noticed that it's in a new building this year.

Across the street in Moscone Center West.

Don't get lost.
Twi'lek Pam (Pam Simpson)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 6:40 pm    Post subject: WONDERCON 2006 Reply with quote

Hi, everyone. 

I just wanted to post a quick note that it was great to meet and talk to some more of you this year at WonderCon.  I probably could/should have met a few more... but I tend to be pretty shy when I'm not hiding behind my keyboard!  So for those of you who I saw but didn't chat with, we'll work on that some more next time!

The convention itself was a lot of fun... the response to our costumes was overall very positive and the people who asked for photos were both appreciative and polite.  (Well, except for one girl who seemed to think it was okay to drape herself over my Twi'lek costume as if we were posing for Playboy... sheesh!)  The costuming club tables attracted a lot of attention, meeting Timothy Zahn was very cool, the group dinners were fun, and the masquerade was terrifying but ultimately a real blast!  I'm already looking forward to WonderCon 2007!

For my fellow photo-hounds out there, here's a site that has links to websites with photos from the convention.  There are quite a few FanForce, 501st, and Rebel Legion folks included in the photos.  Enjoy!

http://www.comicbookconventions.com/

Pam :-)

JedHead (Matt Tolosa)
Active Legion Member

Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:38 am    Post subject: WONDERCON 2006 Reply with quote

Too bad we didn't get a pic of Anakin and Aayla together, Pam.  Next time, for sure!
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:50 pm    Post subject: WONDERCON 2006 Reply with quote

Sorry, I'm really behind in getting WonderCon photos posted.

I did upload this Rebel Legion Group photo today.

CLICK IMAGE TO ENLARGE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base -> Endor Archive All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: