About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=876d5457f46d4d695b0880cbbc1135b4Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Dream Light Saber Poll (just for fun)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Nar Shaddaa Base -> Temple of the Howling Moon
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tymae Yarmoo ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:00 pm    Post subject: Dream Light Saber Poll (just for fun) Reply with quote

JEDI POLE.

Members of the temple….

It is cold outside, a perfect time to stay inside and think about Star Wars. I have been watching the OT with my kids (first time for them) and reliving every minute. We have also been watching the Clone Wars cartoon. I have been soaking in every detail in a way that I never did before, especially the light sabers (I am kind of a saber guy if you can’t tell).

So, with that in mind, I figured a little fun would be in order. Call it a pole if you will or just a thought exercise. Here is the question….

“What is your ideal or dream light saber?”

The forum members at Ultra Sabers talk about this all of the time. I figured it would be fun to discuss it here with people who are into Star Wars, particularly Jedi, as much as we are.

Your dream saber can be one from the movies or any other media source. It can be one you made up entirely. It does not even need to be set in stone, just something you are daydreaming about.

I will get the party started, really like Quinlan Vos’ saber. It is simple but has what it needs where it counts. I have always liked ribbed grips and flanged emitters and this saber has both. The saber is not overly crowded with junk to give plenty of space for a nice two handed grip. I also like the low profile pommel. For all of these reason, I modeled my character saber, “The Knight,” after this saber, with little bits of my own personality as well.

So, what do you like? Are you a Graflex type? Do you like sleek and elegant? Do you like big and business like?

You can include pictures from web searches if you like. You do not need to own that saber or anything like it to play on this thread. All thoughts are welcome.
hartss ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats a great idea

when i am searching for a lightsaber i have to think about 2 separate issues.

is it for looks or is it to fight with
if i am using it for shows, i want the simplest design i can find, with no extra frills. the more stuff you have on it the more it interferes with hand placement on the hilt, as your hands never stay in the same position on the hilt when fighting. also nobody notices the hilt when you are flying around on stage. so this is perfect for me. its basically a tube with O rings on it
[img][/img]

now if i want something nice to hang on my belt and look pretty, i love the look of this design. it was the first (real) sabre i bought. i love the combination of the old trilogy look. its a cross between obi wans emitter and the wiper blades on lukes and loads of other bits that get in the way while holding it. it even has lights that go up and down on the on button all the time. it also eats through batteries
[img][/img]
Mansavage (Nick Klein)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been wanting the Ultrasabers guardian hilt for a long time. It looks great in its detail. I'm not sure where they got this design from, but I love it.

Kurodor (David Obaidallah)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mansavage wrote:
I've been wanting the Ultrasabers guardian hilt for a long time. It looks great in its detail. I'm not sure where they got this design from, but I love it.

I actually have that hilt from them. I like it a lot. Reminds me of the Episode one Obi-wan hilt.

Ranger Squad CO
TK/ID - 4185 MWG
Tymae Yarmoo ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, The Guardian is a great looking saber. I always thought is looked like the work of some old world artisan from the golden age of the Jedi where as Obi-Wan's ANH saber looks like he cobbled it together with parts he got from a Jawa. I thought the contrast between his two sabers worked well but this contrast got kind of ruined when they had him carry the ANH style saber in ROTS. That was a tie in that did not need to exist, in my opinion.

If I was going to buy another Ultra Saber, The Guardian would be it. I also like the Graflex but to me, it always seems like the switch box it on the wrong side. I do not know what the "right" what to hold a Graflex is. I heard that Mark Hammil even said in an interview that the Graflex saber was clumbsy and uncomforatble to hold. I would like to do a Graflex style build but if I do, I think I will correct some of these things in my build.
hartss ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont think the original trilogy sabres were designed with the user in mind. odd bits all over the place to stick into your hands when using them.

the new trilogy blades seem alot more practical

i own a shock from ultra sabres which i think is modular hilt system compatable but i find it a fat and like the cheaper one i bought better for use as it has a slimmer hilt
hartss ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

come on jedi where are you,

you must have an opionion on lightsabre design
Daddy Solo ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my dream saber -

hartss ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

very nice, where is that one from
Daddy Solo ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hartss wrote:

It was a custom hilt w/ crystal chamber & CF V5.1 from Nocturne Armory based on the Ven Zallow saber from the TOR trailer I think:

video in action -

http://youtu.be/FXxjih1TkS8

http://youtu.be/GHCXdNB9BAs

hartss ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

definately unique, ive never seen one with working innards before
hartss ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like this one

http://www.ultrasabers.com/product-p/stunt-crimsonomen.htm
Tymae Yarmoo ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daddy Solo wrote:
hartss wrote:

It was a custom hilt w/ crystal chamber & CF V5.1 from Nocturne Armory based on the Ven Zallow saber from the TOR trailer I think:

video in action -

http://youtu.be/FXxjih1TkS8

http://youtu.be/GHCXdNB9BAs

That is nice. I have looked at the Nocturne Armory and they do beautiful work.
Mansavage (Nick Klein)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also really like the Bellicose from ultrasabers. It would be alot more practical for actual dueling, simpliar in overall look, but still very attractive for hanging on the belt.
RebelJedi77 (Jason Stoxen)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just saw this one today from ArkLight Arsenal, and wow...

Want...

http://youtu.be/5EDqjHhT5XU
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Nar Shaddaa Base -> Temple of the Howling Moon All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: