About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=86a5e20ada29ddfe89b68230e10f05c7Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Greetings! from the new XO for Echo Base
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Echo Base -> Echo Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MerlynNY ()
Archived Member Profile

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 12:14 pm    Post subject: Greetings! from the new XO for Echo Base Reply with quote

Hey Everyone,

Alot of you already know me, both personally, and on various forums/yahoo groups, but for those who do not, I figured I'd introduce myself.  (For those who do know me, you can probably skim through most of this.. lol)

My name is Dion Rupa.  Alot of folks know me as one of the guys who started the 501st's Northeast Remnant, a garrison which operates in the NY/NJ area.  I am also the XO of the NER and have been since it's birth, which was two years ago.  Before the NER came into existance I was also the PR Officer for another garrison as well.  The NER Prides itself on having crossover members of all local fangroups in SW Fandom Smile

Alot of folks were shocked to learn that I joined the Rebel Legion.   I've been a longtime member of the 501st now for about five years now.   I love the 501st with a passion.  It's given me alot of great, wonderful friends, and has even made me so lucky to meet the love of my life, my wife, Tanya (also a member of the RL). 

During that time, I've had wonderful opportunities to work with various fanforce chapters (MEPA, NJO, Philly), as well as members of Echo Base.   With any event I put together, I've always tried to include everyone.  It's always a wonderful thing when you have folks from every club at an event. 

Both Ed and Katie are close friends of mine.  When Ed got bumped up to LCO, Katie was looking for an XO.  To be honest, I jumped at the chance to help out, because it's something I enjoy doing very much.    I really look foward to helping Katie with Echo Base and forming more friendships with everyone.   Smile

If anyone has any questions for me, please feel free to ask Smile 

Queen Amidala (Mary Alice Ladd)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 12:30 pm    Post subject: Greetings! from the new XO for Echo Base Reply with quote

I would like to be the first to congratulate Dion on being appointed XO. Anytime I send emails to the local 501st command to inquire about and/or coordinate events; the first response is always from Dion (even when he a wedding in it's final planning stages). Dion, as a 501st XO is always interested in working with Rebel Legion and having him as Echo Base XO will only strengthen the relationship between the two groups.

Again congratulations Dion.

Regards,

Mary Alice Ladd

• NYC Area Captain Echo Base
  • TK 8228 ECG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
JediMom3 (Andrea Samulewicz)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 12:38 pm    Post subject: Greetings! from the new XO for Echo Base Reply with quote

Congrats Dion!!!!
cyranodb (Mike)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 12:39 pm    Post subject: Greetings! from the new XO for Echo Base Reply with quote

DION!!!  Or is that Mr Tanya Rupa now.   I can personally say Dion totally rocks.  It will be so awesome that he's in Echo Base and I can totally tell this base will really begin to take off.  I don't know how many times the NER had an invitation to an event and Dion was always seeing if they wanted rebels to appear.  He's been working hard for us even before he was he so you know he's going to kick some major league butt now that he's official. 
MerlynNY ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:20 pm    Post subject: Greetings! from the new XO for Echo Base Reply with quote

Thanks everyone Smile 

Now that all the big planning for the wedding is over, I can return my focus to fandom Smile 

It's going to be a blast working with you all Smile  Woohoo!

HothGirl ()
Active Legion Member

Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:30 pm    Post subject: Greetings! from the new XO for Echo Base Reply with quote

Yay Dion!

I'm so glad to have you working with us...much fun will be had and I know you'll do an awesome job.

MerlynNY ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 5:12 pm    Post subject: Greetings! from the new XO for Echo Base Reply with quote

Rock on, Ms. CO Smile
citizenjohn

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 9:43 pm    Post subject: Greetings! from the new XO for Echo Base Reply with quote

Welcome aboard Dion
DocBev (Nicky Blum)

Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:21 pm    Post subject: Greetings! from the new XO for Echo Base Reply with quote

Welcome to Echo Base Dion!
Former User Echo Base

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:58 am    Post subject: Greetings! from the new XO for Echo Base Reply with quote

Dion,

Congratulations on your appointment.

You still suck!

You are fast becoming the supreme XO (NER, Echo, SG-2).  If you get two more XO slots you'll qualify for a free set of steak knives.  lol

Congrats bro!!!

MerlynNY ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:29 pm    Post subject: Greetings! from the new XO for Echo Base Reply with quote

LOL Too Funny Joe Smile

Actually, I am no longer XO of SG-2.  I had to relinquish that position, so that I could head up my own Team Smile  "The Order of the Ori" Smile  So that makes me a CO, in that case Smile

I'm just happy that I have time again to devote to fandom.  For the past year, I felt, and justifably so, that my attention was focused on the wedding.

phantom8 (Brian Anderson)
Active Legion Member

Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 1:27 pm    Post subject: Greetings! from the new XO for Echo Base Reply with quote

congrats on the new gig as XO of echo base... i hear rumors that x-wing pilot outfits are mandatory there, so you best be getting some orange Wink

brian/tk7602 in 501stland...
Queen Amidala (Mary Alice Ladd)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 1:37 pm    Post subject: Greetings! from the new XO for Echo Base Reply with quote

Quote: Originally posted by hawkbat8 on 03 November 2005

... i hear rumors that x-wing pilot outfits are mandatory there, so you best be getting some orange Wink

No, you get an option:

• orange
  • lt. blue/black & gray

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
cyranodb (Mike)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:26 pm    Post subject: Greetings! from the new XO for Echo Base Reply with quote

Hey..just because Echo Base has the best pilot costumes...
MerlynNY ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 10:45 am    Post subject: Greetings! from the new XO for Echo Base Reply with quote

Well, since Katie is now CO, and I'm XO, and neither of us are a Pilot...

Guess what rule gets changed.... Now it's manditory that everyone have Tusken Raider costumers...

Muahahahaha

Just kidding Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Echo Base -> Echo Archive All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: