About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=27677414cac519edf7530bc0265049b8Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

OH - NASA Glenn Research Center

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Great Lakes Base -> Great Lakes Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Krash ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 12:04 am    Post subject: OH - NASA Glenn Research Center Reply with quote

Just got the official ok from Brady, over at Ohio Garrison to open this event up to Rebel Legion people as well. I offered to run point on this one for OG, since it's in my part of town. I know it'll be tough for alot of people since it's in the middle of the week, and it's just your basic "smile for the cameras" kinda event...so we don't need an army for this one.

I think TheRandomMenace and JediKnightPasJoDacle (both in town for the holidays) may be able to suit up for this, but we could use a few more people. 

21000 Brookpark Road
Cleveland, OH 44135
Phone: (216) 433-4000

Date: Wednesday December 28th

Time: 9 a.m. - 4 p.m. 

Snips92 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 2:07 am    Post subject: OH - NASA Glenn Research Center Reply with quote

I'm in...I think I want to do the ANH Leia for this one too...
Krash ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 3:30 am    Post subject: OH - NASA Glenn Research Center Reply with quote

Meetup is at 9:30am. Park in the main visitor parking lot, walk in the front entrance. They'll have a room for us to change in/store our gear. We basically stand around in the main lobby and greet people as the walk in...no worries!

NASA Glenn Research Center

MasterOfPupets - Vader
Chase -TIE
PrincessLeia92 - ANH Leia
Krash - Jedi
ZuckussWife - Imperial Officer (+2 younglings)

Krash ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 4:37 am    Post subject: OH - NASA Glenn Research Center Reply with quote

Things went rather well, and yes...they would love to have us back on one of their weekend events.

Morning started off rather interesting, as each of us had to have our cars searched before going in (weekdays when the labs are open...security is more strict). We suited up, and greeted people as they walked in and around the visitors center. All the kids enjoyed having us there and made for some cool pictures (downloading them shortly). Although the greatest one has to be of Darth Vader on a rocketship leaving Earth (Sean or Mary should be posting it soon) We even caught the eye of a photographer from The Plain Dealer as well as NASA's own PR people who used us in a couple promotional shots with Marc Millis and around the visitor's center.

Ironically, Marc Millis contributed a chapter to the companion book for the upcoming COSI exhibit. In talking with the folks from NASA, we may try and work on something locally with JKOC (I didn't want to presume to speak for 501st or RL without checking with ya'll first) to help drum up some interest in the Columbus exhibit and the local connection.    Just something to think about between now and May.

Overall, the day went very well, and we setup what could be a good working relationship with NASA Glenn Research Center!

Of all the pictures that lady from the Plain Dealer took, the one that made it was of Natasha (also known as "thing 1") with a mention of "her mother Mary"...as promised, I got a copy of the paper for you Mary!

Krash ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 4:51 am    Post subject: OH - NASA Glenn Research Center Reply with quote

Pictures are uploaded...

http://www.thejediknightsofcleveland.com/coppermine/thumbnails/album=89.html

Snips92 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 11:41 pm    Post subject: OH - NASA Glenn Research Center Reply with quote

Good times.....good times.....we should do more events up there!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Great Lakes Base -> Great Lakes Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: