About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=9994c42b48997c5cfe70aebf23f77248Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

MI - St. Paddy's Day Parade - Sunday, March 12th
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Great Lakes Base -> Great Lakes Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Schph Gochi (Phyllis Schulte)
Nar Shaddaa Base XO
Nar Shaddaa Base XO

Medals: 11 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:56 pm    Post subject: MI - St. Paddy's Day Parade - Sunday, March 12th Reply with quote

....Krash....

there are no top brass....we are all the foot soldiers of the Rebellion...... .....

it would have been awesome to pay the leukemia patient a visit.....I don't honestly think that we would have been allowed though...so rest easy...your visit via camera phone was almost just as good.....Whinter and I had the honor of costuming for a local boy with leukemia and granting a wish that he had last summer.....those events are indeed the most precious......

Krash ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:26 pm    Post subject: MI - St. Paddy's Day Parade - Sunday, March 12th Reply with quote

Quote: Originally posted by Schph Gochi on 13 March 2006

....it would have been awesome to pay the leukemia patient a visit.....I don't honestly think that we would have been allowed though...so rest easy...your visit via camera phone was almost just as good

That's pretty much what I told myself, after the initial "what can we do to help" urge kicked in. ((shrug)) I'm a jedi...it's what we do.

I forgot to mention that Schph Gochi got refered to twice as "Princess Leia"  Pretty sure that's gotta be some kinda RL record for a jedi costume. And there was the one girl, with that group ((AIR-HORN)) behind us, who told me how she watches SW every night before going to sleep, and then began quoting/mumbling lines from the movie. Should have tried the "you don't want to try deathsticks" routine on her to see if it actually sunk in.  

Gypsy3p0 ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:25 pm    Post subject: MI - St. Paddy's Day Parade - Sunday, March 12th Reply with quote

The one with the Natalie Portman fetish? Yeah, she was a hoot. It was what... 3pm and she was already plastered? Wow.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
MiraxTHorn (Carrie Ivey)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 12:29 am    Post subject: MI - St. Paddy's Day Parade - Sunday, March 12th Reply with quote

It was great to see everyone yesterday, especially you out of towners! Thanks for coming all that way! The RL was well represented!

I was very surprised by how close to the parade route the crowd was standing. I don't remember that from two years ago. Kind of disconcerting a couple times when we were stopped, but overall, a lot of fun. I just love kids' smiles!

Regards,

M.
Crimson (Rome O.)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:28 pm    Post subject: MI - St. Paddy's Day Parade - Sunday, March 12th Reply with quote

Yeah, the crowd definitely pushed in a lot more this time around. Even last year, we had MUCH more room to walk, stay in a straight line.....
Nar Shaddaa Base XO
Nar Shaddaa Base XO

Colorado Wildfires 2012 Relief Award (Amount: 2)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:08 pm    Post subject: MI - St. Paddy's Day Parade - Sunday, March 12th Reply with quote

lol...and yes....Krash...I forgot about that whole "Princess Leia" thing....

I had my most canon of Jedi outfits on (I don't have a photo of it posted)....and two parade participants called me Princess Leia....sigh....well...I guess being called Princess Leia is better than being asked if I was dressed as Robin Hood....

validation of my philosophy that where canon is great...most of the general public has no clue.....

lavagrrrl (Susie Leopold)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:30 pm    Post subject: MI - St. Paddy's Day Parade - Sunday, March 12th Reply with quote

Canon at the St. Patty's parade ... well you have a ton of people who started drinking at dawn, so even if they once knew a good costume from a bad one, by the end of the parade everyone looks like they have the best costume ever!

Here's the link to our photos: http://www.blastylava.com/Gallery/costume_events/2006_03_12_stpatricks_parade/index.htm

JediDWH (Lisa Curtis)
Sunrider Base CO
Sunrider Base CO

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:10 am    Post subject: MI - St. Paddy's Day Parade - Sunday, March 12th Reply with quote

I had a ton of fun at this event- I always appreciate a chance to get off-campus, and this is a fantabulous way to do it, even if barely anyone knew who my character was. : P

Here's my modest collection of photos: http://photobucket.com/albums/b179/JediDWH/Detroit%20Parade%202006/

Nar Shaddaa Base XO
Nar Shaddaa Base XO

Hurricane Sandy Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 9:39 am    Post subject: MI - St. Paddy's Day Parade - Sunday, March 12th Reply with quote

But Lisa....I knowat least  one guy along the parade route recognized you....and he was really excited about your costume......very cool!
Gypsy3p0 ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 4:41 pm    Post subject: MI - St. Paddy's Day Parade - Sunday, March 12th Reply with quote

Love the photos Lisa. You got some good ones. Yeah besides what about the person that said "Oooh, pretty" to your costume? That was cool!! :-D
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
hofmann (Matt Hofmann)
Mos Espa Base CO
Mos Espa Base CO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 5:44 pm    Post subject: MI - St. Paddy's Day Parade - Sunday, March 12th Reply with quote

You know what my two favorite parts of the pictures have been?

Geoff looking canon and Carrie in orange

Carrie, don't forget to add that costume to the database so it's good for COSI.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
MiraxTHorn (Carrie Ivey)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 7:29 pm    Post subject: MI - St. Paddy's Day Parade - Sunday, March 12th Reply with quote

Quote: Carrie, don't forget to add that costume to the database so it's good for COSI.

Working on it. My flak vest is currently disassembled for some sizing adjustments. I should have that back together in the next couple days so I can get some good pics for my profile, etc. Unfortunately, before I can get back to sewing, I've got a bunch of stupid school work to do, so back to that...

Regards,

M.

joe7049 ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 3:48 am    Post subject: MI - St. Paddy's Day Parade - Sunday, March 12th Reply with quote

Looks like it was alot of fun! I did notice in one of the pics that the rebels and imperials weren't talking Smile
electrakitty ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 7:44 pm    Post subject: MI - St. Paddy's Day Parade - Sunday, March 12th Reply with quote

Ooooh, I'm so mad that I had to miss this.  Darned saving up for tons of trips this summer!  However, I am making two visits to NYC this summer and hopefully going to D*C, so that should make up for it.  Carrie your X-Wing orange looks awesome, Krash, I love the revisions on the Jedi, Susie, loved the pictures of you sleeping.  Everyone looked so marvellous!!  Good work guys Wink
Krash ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 6:45 am    Post subject: MI - St. Paddy's Day Parade - Sunday, March 12th Reply with quote

Thanks electrakitty! I just need DWH to email me the pics of my jedi costume to update my profile. 

Although it may look that way in one of the pictures, trust me...there was alot of chatter going on among the two factions. One thing I've loved about this event is how cool everyone is with us Ohio people, and ya'll know the welcome sign is up when you guys come visit us.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Great Lakes Base -> Great Lakes Archive All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: