About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=c0a1c29973f95d860f649824437017ceMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

MI - St. Paddy's Day Parade - Sunday, March 12th
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Great Lakes Base -> Great Lakes Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MiraxTHorn (Carrie Ivey)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 5:51 pm    Post subject: MI - St. Paddy's Day Parade - Sunday, March 12th Reply with quote

Update - 03-07-06

Ok, the official word is that we need to line up around 1:00PM. There is a bit of leeway with that time, so as long as you're in costume and in line by 1:20-1:30PM, you're probably ok.

Prior to line-up, around 11:00AM, many people will be meeting at The Corktown Inn to change into costume. Phyllis has a room available and the Inn has also promised a large room , also.

IF you park near the Inn, it's approximately 3 blocks to the parade line up area. The parade route is around 3/4 of a mile and it would be the same distance back to the Inn. Another option is to park at the end of the route, change into costume at your car, walk to the line up area, walk the parade and head out.

Thanks to Rome for this spiffy Parade route sat photo. The green box is the hotel. The blue is the start area. Last year, we stood near the back of the highlighted oval, but that was not even close to the actual end of the parade line. Red arrows indicate the parade route itself, and the yellow line is a suggested walking route back. We'd have to double back on the parade route, and that's 3/4 of a mile.

Please let me know if you you need further info. Marching order will be announced later in the week.

Hi Everyone,

On Sunday, March 12th, the United Irish Society of Detroit will be holding their annual St. Patrick's Day parade through the Corktown neighborhood of Detroit.

We have been invited to participate again. This will be our third year marching in this parade. It's great fun, but REALLY cold!

This event is open to all 501st, Rebel Legion, and Jedi Assembly members who wish to participate. Deadline for the application is February 6th so the Michigan Squad will need a pretty-close-to-finalized roster by the end of January.

Please post your interest and costume type here. Marching order will be determined by costume type. We will be relaxing our "regimental" rule from last year and allowing some crowd interaction.

Hope to see many of you up here for this event!

Regards,

M.

hofmann (Matt Hofmann)
Mos Espa Base CO
Mos Espa Base CO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 9:21 pm    Post subject: MI - St. Paddy's Day Parade - Sunday, March 12th Reply with quote

sticking
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Krash ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 11:53 pm    Post subject: MI - St. Paddy's Day Parade - Sunday, March 12th Reply with quote

Crimson posted something about this on jkoc.com...bunch of us are planning on making the trip up! (good times)
OH Padme ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 9:56 pm    Post subject: MI - St. Paddy's Day Parade - Sunday, March 12th Reply with quote

can we bring our kids?( we have 4) is their going to be a float to ride on? ( i can't walk alot as i have no acrtlidge in my rt knee and makes it painful to walk ) just a few questions i had that would be the deciding factor in me and my hubby(hubby would be doing armor tho ) comming up .. ( i have family in MI so would be a great time to see them also )
joe7049 ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 6:27 am    Post subject: MI - St. Paddy's Day Parade - Sunday, March 12th Reply with quote

Can't make it. (Start college on the 10th)
Schph Gochi (Phyllis Schulte)
Nar Shaddaa Base XO
Nar Shaddaa Base XO

Medals: 11 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 12:01 pm    Post subject: MI - St. Paddy's Day Parade - Sunday, March 12th Reply with quote

I'm soooooo there...

We had a blast last year!  Last year there was no float....but who knows!   We walked...I don't remember the walk being that long...

Jade-Walker (Kimberly Dillon)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 2:38 pm    Post subject: MI - St. Paddy's Day Parade - Sunday, March 12th Reply with quote

I'm going to ask for that weekend off.  If I get it, I'll be there.

I'll likely wear my Bespin Escape Leia (Hoth Leia minus vest).  Perfect for the occasion, IMO. 

And my fiancee could either wear his ESB han or my scout (if I can make nods for him in time)

hofmann (Matt Hofmann)
Mos Espa Base CO
Mos Espa Base CO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 3:08 pm    Post subject: MI - St. Paddy's Day Parade - Sunday, March 12th Reply with quote

Man, I'd really like to make it to this... we'll see. Something tells me I'm not going to be able to escape with a two-month-old in the house... if not then definitely next year.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Gypsy3p0 ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 5:10 pm    Post subject: MI - St. Paddy's Day Parade - Sunday, March 12th Reply with quote

Awesome! March 12th is my Birthday!!!

I am so there!!!

Btw, my new boots for my Padme costume came in, but it looks like I need to extend my shinguards a little. But I should I have it set for the Parade. And possibly have my Jedi costume done, too. Which by the way I'll be sending a sketch of as soon as I can.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Whinter Fenlynn (Cheryl Whitaker)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 4:11 pm    Post subject: MI - St. Paddy's Day Parade - Sunday, March 12th Reply with quote

Count me in again!!   We all had a great time last year! 
lavagrrrl (Susie Leopold)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:30 pm    Post subject: MI - St. Paddy's Day Parade - Sunday, March 12th Reply with quote

Quote: Originally posted by Jade-Walker on 22 December 2005

I'm going to ask for that weekend off.  If I get it, I'll be there.

I'll likely wear my Bespin Escape Leia (Hoth Leia minus vest).  Perfect for the occasion, IMO. 

And my fiancee could either wear his ESB han or my scout (if I can make nods for him in time)

I was planning on wearing the Bespin Escape costume.  

Crimson (Rome O.)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:45 pm    Post subject: MI - St. Paddy's Day Parade - Sunday, March 12th Reply with quote

No float plans, Mary -- sorry! We'll be walking it.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 5:54 pm    Post subject: MI - St. Paddy's Day Parade - Sunday, March 12th Reply with quote

Susie:    Let me talk to Kieron.  If he can wear his Han, I can wear the scout.  But I know that the boots don't fit him right and they are very painful for him.  Not the best for a parade.  I don't know what else that I can wear in the cold.

OH Padme ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 8:21 pm    Post subject: MI - St. Paddy's Day Parade - Sunday, March 12th Reply with quote

ok just so i am prepared.. i should be able to do it .. not sure on costume tho as i have a few in the works right now will update when we get closer.. and hubby will be with as he is part of the 501st
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 12:26 am    Post subject: MI - St. Paddy's Day Parade - Sunday, March 12th Reply with quote

I did talk to Kieron.  He definietly can't wear the Han boots for this.  So he needs my scout.  And if I can't wear the Hoth Leia I don't have anything else to wear and can't go.  Do you have another costume you could wear?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Great Lakes Base -> Great Lakes Archive All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: