Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=993b7a65313fa8741565015650af6cc7Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Padme Ripped Arena build thread

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Padme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Princess Liz Fett (Liz Welsh)
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:56 am    Post subject: Padme Ripped Arena build thread Reply with quote

Hello all!

Well, I have been yearning to make another Padme costume. Right now, I only have one approved Padme costume. I am very grateful to have gotten my Snow Bunny approved Very Happy but I would also like another costume for trooping in the seasons where it's a bit hot outside, and for troops that I can only troop as Padme (due to the fact that there are so many Leias in my base lol). So I decided to start on Padme's ripped arena outfit!

white battle padme

Right now, I've got my pants and shirt finished.

Here is an up close pic of my shirt:

The sleeves of the shirt are NOT set in (as listed in the standards) and only have the small seam under the arm pit. I discovered this seam by looking at reference images from the Padawan's guide, which show that there is clearly a small diamond shaped seam under the arm pit, as shown here:

Something I am working on with my shirt is making the ripped edges look believably frayed and ripped up. Any suggestions for that?

My pants have 4 seams on each leg, with two top-stitched seams on the front and back of each leg. Here is an up close picture of my top-stitch seam:

(Sorry, everything looks so wrinkly..will iron it when the costume is ready to be submitted.)

As for the accessories of the costume (such as armbands, belt and pouches, and shin guards), I have ordered the complete accessory kit from fellow legion member Marc Mosiman Smile his kit is completely screen accurate and is worn by many other legion members with formally approved arena Padme costumes. I should have my kit here soon.

I will be using construction boots covered in white leather for this costume. Marc also makes leather calf wraps that go under the shin guards, so this will complete the boot look. I decided to use construction boots as a base because they have the accurate looking soles. Here is a good reference pic to show the soles of Padme's boots:

For my hair, I will be using a combination of my natural hair and some extensions. I will be wrapping the hair around hair curlers, and bending them. I found this method from one of the arena Padme hair tutorials on our site Smile This method is actually similar to what they did to Natalie's hair, which involved wrapping her hair around foam tubes.

I also have a droid blaster, a blaster in which Padme uses during the arena battle, only when her outfit is ripped up. She does not carry this weapon before her outfit is ripped.

Well, that's all for now Smile I will post some more pictures later of my progress and will post pictures of the accessories when they arrive!

Last edited by Princess Liz Fett (Liz Welsh) on Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:22 am; edited 1 time in total
ivan_rod ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Se ve muy bien, espero verte pronto con este traje tan maravilloso Smile
Rebel Legion Reserve

Celebration Anaheim (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update on my costume: I submitted it for approval once my accessories came! Smile

Here's what the accessory kit looks like up close. I won't be using the Naboo Blaster since Padme doesn't have it when her outfit is ripped.

Pouches were casted from resin, as were the shin guards Smile my boots have faux leather coverings that go over them and strap on top of my boots.
I chose construction boots because they have soles that look a lot like Padme's boots.
The armbands are aircraft aluminum, cut into separate pieces like Padme's Smile

My shin guards, belt, pouches, and boot leather were painted a creamy ivory color for better accuracy

Last edited by Princess Liz Fett (Liz Welsh) on Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Darth Penland (Jonathan Penland)

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome! did you get the accessories from Mosi? I placed the order for my wive's pre battle arena outfit from Clothears, now I just have to wait 6 months for it to be ready so she can start trooping with me Neutral
RebelSenator ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an arena padme from clothears, not the ripped version though. I think you will be very happy with it. The material is outstanding and the seamstress work is very high quality. The fit was exact as well. Post some pics of your wife's costume when she has it.
Darth Penland (Jonathan Penland)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will do. Now I just need to find someone to make a good mustafar sleeveless outfit. My sewing skills are lacking!
Rebel Legion Reserve

Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RebelSenator wrote:
I have an arena padme from clothears, not the ripped version though. I think you will be very happy with it. The material is outstanding and the seamstress work is very high quality. The fit was exact as well. Post some pics of your wife's costume when she has it.

Raychel is right Very Happy Clothears is fantastic. Unfortunately, mine isn't clothears..someday when I have some extra cash, I'd love to upgrade Very Happy

Yep, parts came from Mosi! He rocks!
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Took some shots outside today:

I was facing the sunset in these pics, so that's why my eyes are all squinty lol..

Last edited by Princess Liz Fett (Liz Welsh) on Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:55 am; edited 1 time in total
padme9055 (Tabitha McCurdy)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, you look awesome!

Tabitha: a daughter, big sister, screenwriter, costumer, seamstress.
KEU002 (Katelyn Daski)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did you make your shirt? Did you start with a pattern and adjust it as necessary? I'm currently doing research to possibly make this costume myself but I can't find a decent pattern for the top... (I'm doing the pre-ripped version but I imagine it would work just the same!)
RebelSenator ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

padme9055 wrote:
Wow, you look awesome!

I agree. Great job Liz. It looks fantastic!
Maumi (Dena Maumi Curtis)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Dragon Con 2014 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job! Look amazing as always! So many wonderful costumes!
LeiaAurora ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What construction boots did you purchase?
silvermitt ()
Active Legion Member

Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dang, the pictures aren't there for me to see.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Padme All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: