Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=dba60523dae48d7dfaa0241c61da6adaMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

New Pic Nic Dress from Italy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Padme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SaraAshiraVivian ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:05 pm    Post subject: New Pic Nic Dress from Italy Reply with quote

Hy, I'm Sara from Italy and this is my Padme Pic Nic dress version.
My friend and I still working on this dress, because we have to change the lacefront belt and she's working to cover the two lateral chignons.
But, what do you think about my dress? Do you think that judges will approve it? Opinions? Smile
Thanks!

And this is the only picture of me as Padme Smile

Soon I'll have other pictures Smile
Han_Solo81 ()
Base Membership Officer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope someone can help you with good hint Wink
SongofAmazon (Jenna)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sara! I am sorry I took so long to reply. I wanted to talk to the other judges about your costume first so I was certain about everything.

The shape of your dress is beautiful so far. You found some very nice fabrics that look close to the original. I look forward to seeing your cape dyed a darker color. That will help a lot. The green thread on the outside also needs to be two colors of green like this: http://www.padawansguide.com/fidm/maggie/em1.jpg (copy and paste) You may be able to paint the lighter green color on the thread, or it may be easier to get multi-colored thread and redo the edge. If the dying doesn't work, you could also use your same dress fabric for the cape, if you decorate it with sequins and roses.

Your cape also needs a brooch in the front like this: http://www.padawansguide.com/fidm/kd93_med.jpg You can also see in this picture that the cape needs to sit even with the top of the dress.

There are a few other changes you need to make, too, before we can approve. First, your dress and cape need to have 4-petal flower sequins, like in this picture: http://www.padawansguide.com/fidm/maggie/picnic15_med.jpg We should not be able to see through your sleeves, so I recommend lining them.

The corset needs to be boned so it is stiff. The color is also too light. Depending on the type of fabric and paint, you may be able to dye it a darker gold color. We allow finely painted designs for the corset, but we prefer embroidery. If you want to stay with painting, I recommend you use a color of green paint that is not so bright.

The color of your ribbons is also too bring. The green should be a darker color and the yellow should be closer to the gold color of the dress. This includes the ribbons on your arms, the dress straps, and your headband. Here is an example: http://www.padawansguide.com/fidm/maggie/picnic14_med.jpg

For the hair, we also need to see the buns with the gold net like this: http://www.padawansguide.com/padme/flowered/new1.jpg

I know this seems like a lot of things, but you are off to a very good start. Please do share more photos while you and your friend are working on the dress. That way we can give feedback as you sew. I am excited to see your dress be completed.

In planning and progress:
Riyo Chuchi, Havoc Trooper, Amilyn Holdo, Lilac Handmaiden

Charter Committee | Galactic Senate DCO | RLGS FaceBook | RLGS Web Site
Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one more thing to add: the cape should be triangular in shape, which means it should come to a soft point in the back instead of being rounded. Right now it's actually too short in the back and lacks the point.
But Jenna did an excellent write up and if you have trouble with the links she posted, just reload them. That should work. Smile

Do keep posting here with your questions and progress and we'll help you if you have any more questions.

Detachment website: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/
SaraAshiraVivian ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much! I really appreciated your advices and I'm very happy that you like my dress! It's very important for me!
I'll post another pictures soon!
SongofAmazon (Jenna)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's great! I can't wait to see more photos of your progress.

In planning and progress:
Riyo Chuchi, Havoc Trooper, Amilyn Holdo, Lilac Handmaiden

Charter Committee | Galactic Senate DCO | RLGS FaceBook | RLGS Web Site
SaraAshiraVivian ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello again! I would show two pictures: an old picture, just to see the right colour of the corset and a new picture of progress about new facebelt.

An old picture (we are working to correct the wrong part)
Please, pay attention only on corset colour and tell me what do you think about it:

And this is comparison between new facebelt and the old wrong one:

Is it better in this way? Thank you very much! Smile
Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new color looks much better. Smile

SaraAshiraVivian ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:56 pm    Post subject: Hello again! Reply with quote

Hello!
My friend makes the change that you write to me, so I show you some pictures about:

The corset now is darker than before:

Finally, my friend realizes these ones for the two lateral chignon:

This is a part of the dress with paillettes:

Last, I change the colour, now it's no more pastel:

I hope that these changes are right, we work considering your advices Smile
Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like some good upgrades. Smile But your chignons looks too thin; they will need to be quite thick to really be seen. Maybe they can be used as a base for adding some thicker and more yellow-gold thread over?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Padme All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: