Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=42c38a42c6ce035924d40ae5b0b6276fMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Another Vancouver Rookie
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Canadian Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Littlejimmy (Daniel Overbeck)

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:37 pm    Post subject: Another Vancouver Rookie Reply with quote

Hello Everyone!

I've lurked on the 501st website and here for quite a few years, and now I'm ready to start the trip into making a costume, and joining the Rebel Legion. I'm interested in doing a Generic Jedi (Probably a Green Jedi from Corellia). I've got a ton of questions, and I am eager to get to know the community, and join it when I have a Costume fully prepared.

PS: I can't sew to save my life, so if anyone is interested in helping me, I am interested in discussing that with you!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, Minor update: My Mom has agreed to help me craft the Jedi garment, Time to go check in the Costuming Resources area for patterns!

Other than that, around December I be purchasing the Manticore Lightsaber from Ultra Sabers. I feel it looks good and suits my personal tastes. Does anyone know if this saber is acceptable to our costuming standards as a Good Guy saber? I know in one forum topic I was reading, the major thing was no claws on the sabers, which is what Ultra Sabers seems to love now a days.
phizz ()

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Www.badlands.ca might have a few local Vancouver guys that can help though that is a 501st group.
pandatrooper ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Daniel, welcome! I'm Terry - I'm the 501st Squad Leader for BC and a Rebel Legion Jedi too. I am also in Vancouver. Smile

The Manticore is fine as a jedi saber as long as it's not red / Sith colored LED.

Let me know if you need any help or guidance with your Jedi or sabers. I have built a good number of sabers as well as costume and props from around the galaxy.
Femakin (Andrea Darling)
Base Membership Officer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome here, Daniel! And I second the Manticore lightsabre- scored that one in a grab bag for my own Jedi and I love it. ^_^

Feel free to start a WIP thread in the Jedi costuming section so we can watch your progress and answer any questions you might have in regard to your costuming endeavours! Looking forward to having you with us. Very Happy
TJ ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How is it coming along, Daniel? Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not great, but I've managed to start tracking down bits and pieces. With my next payday I should really be able to get started. I'll grab a pattern and then I'll start finding the colors I want for it.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, an update..Kind of.

I'm still in search of most of my costume parts, but I have the big one on the way (I hope). I did a grab bag saber from Ultra sabers, so here's hoping I get a Jedi stylized one. Otherwise this is going to be quite interesting!
pandatrooper ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward to seeing what you get!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, unfortunate news.

I got a Standard hilt, but the blade color is red. If I need to I can hunt down the source material, but I'm going to investigate to see if it has the quick disconnects.

So it does not. Would it be worth it to ship it back and have the color changed, or order the new LED from them and install it myself?
pandatrooper ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can easily swap the led for you. Does your standard run on 2 or 3AAs or is it lithium ion batteries? I actually will be placing another order from TCSS so let me know what color led you want.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to do a Blue one. And mine actually runs 4 AAAs. How much will the LED cost? I can get you the money pretty quick.
PS: Thanks for offering to change it! I'm a little, uhh, burny when it comes to Soldering Irons. (I totally didn't light one on fire in school by accident >.>)
pandatrooper ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are around $7-8 USD. Throw in a couple bucks for shipping. Depending on the exact led and voltage, you might need a resistor but they are cheap too.
jasonh1234 (Jay)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:32 am    Post subject: Re: Another Vancouver Rookie Reply with quote

Littlejimmy wrote:

I can't sew to save my life, so if anyone is interested in helping me, I am interested in discussing that with you!

I've recently found a place in Vancouver that offers classes in sewing. Let me know if you want more info on it. I plan to take one or two of them.
jasonh1234 (Jay)

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey so is there much of a Rebel Legion presence in Vancouver? I feel like I'm missing out.

I've totally finished my X-Wing pilot and am currently working on a Hoth Luke costume now.

I'm selling on Etsy:
* Hoth Rebel patches
* Rogue One Rebel patches
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Canadian Base All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: