Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=e6142ee80401cdfb6fca71ad04135b18Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Welcome New members! The 'Introduce Yourself' Thread....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases Europe -> Elstree Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
edgejedi (Jase Fox)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 10:02 pm    Post subject: New Members - The Introduce Yourself Thread Reply with quote

Quote: Originally posted by Tanzan Linnear on 24 April 2006

Thanks Smile I've just had a look about and signed up to the forum. Would I automatically become a member there when my membership here is accepted?

Hi - when you are enlisted to the Rebel Legion as a full costuming member, it is reflected on both these boards in your membership status and over at the UK site too. Until then, you are still a Forum User - which is still cool!

You have a good costume though from what I see in the pictures you posted - get signed up my friend!!!

Check here for details http://www.phpbbserver.com/rebellegionuk/viewforum.php?f=41&mforum=rebellegionuk

jogar ()

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 12:23 am    Post subject: New Members - The Introduce Yourself Thread Reply with quote

screen name. jogar

m/f. male

year ob. 1973 (before the dark time)

marital status. involved

kids. 4

location. wiltshire

when did you join. eer umm yes a lone time ago

favourite star wars film. carovan of courage... just kidding ESB

favourite non-star wars film. drunken master

favourite food. cajun food

favourite drink. red wine

favourite drink (non-alcohlic). coka-cola

favourite book. dracula

favourite author. tom clancy

favourite game. warhammer, 40k, skermishing

favourite game system. PC, PS2, X-BOX

favourite hobbies. prop weapon disignning, model making and working on my fan film

what makes you happy. my kids smiles

what makes you mad. anyone in charge (i hate bosses)

how do you get into star wars. i first saw it in 77 and been in a galaxy far far away ever since

General Booth

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 5:42 pm    Post subject: New Members - The Introduce Yourself Thread Reply with quote

Screen Name: General Booth
Male / Female: Male
Year of Birth: 1977
Marital Status: Have a partner
Children: Nill
When Did You Join:Not that long ago  
Favourite Star Wars film - The New Hope
Favourite non Star Wars film: The Two Towers (Lord of the Rings)
Favourite Food: Fish & Chips
Favourite Drink (Non-Alcoholic): Ither Earl Grey Or Yorkshire Tea
Favourite Book: The A - Z of Horticulture
Favourite Author: Prof J R R Tolkin
Favourite Game: Chess
Favourite Game System:  Dont have one
Favourite Hobbies: Long Distance Walks - Keeping Fit
What Makes You Happy: A Good Laugh
What Makes You Mad: Politics
How Did You Get Into Star Wars: I was Born into Star Wars Its in my Blood - After growing up with it I was hooked - I became a member of fan force where I held the post of  Northern Thread Secretary Until I stood down to become a Full time Jedi Master attending Events with My Fellow Jedi Knights within the North East Uk .

Banagner ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:01 pm    Post subject: New Members - The Introduce Yourself Thread Reply with quote

Hello, i am the new guy.

Screen name : Mal Banagner

Male/Female : Male

Year of birth : 1978

Marital status : Single

Children : none

When did you join : About 5 days ago ( may 06)

Favourite Star Wars film : Return Of The Jedi

Favourite non Star Wars film : Dune , labyrinth or Evil Dead 3

Favourite Food : Pasta

Favourite drink alcoholic : Rarely drink, whatever is available.

Favourite non alcoholic drink : Ginger beer

Favourite book : Zombie survival guide

Favourite author : Max Brooks

Favourite game : Rogue squadron 2

Favourite game system : PS2

Favourite hobbies : Motorcycling, Airsofting and sleeping

What makes you happy : A good thermos of coffee on a freezing day

What makes you mad : It hasn't snowed heavy near me in ages, i love snow.

How did you get into star wars : Watched it, got hooked and never let go.

edgejedi (Jase Fox)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 4:37 pm    Post subject: New Members - The Introduce Yourself Thread Reply with quote

Welcome on board Mal - Endor troopers are always needed - especially now that the weather is becoming so hot here!
Dacrates ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:42 pm    Post subject: New Members - The Introduce Yourself Thread Reply with quote

Hi All

Been a member here for ages but i've been really busy with costumes and props plus Garrison duties I thought it best to reintroduce myself.

My name is Alex, 39yrs old and a big fan of costuming, married and a father and even a grandad... yes thats right, grandad LOL. I'm based in Stevenage, Herts and quite a few of the guys round here already know me... anyway shan't dwell too much but here's a couple of pics of my rebel costumes

Luke Hoth

http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/4083/themepark004withsaber5kv.jpg

Myself on the right in my Endor Trooper gear with my Daughter as Princess Leia, anotehr costume I made

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/50/endorposse7nn0jd.jpg

edgejedi (Jase Fox)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:34 pm    Post subject: New Members - The Introduce Yourself Thread Reply with quote

Alex - its an absolute pleasure to see you around these parts again mate. Your excellent costuming reputation proceeds you - a man of many talents and skills!

We have a member who is currently trying to put together that Hoth Trooper costume - any help or hints on sourcing parts would be mighty appreciated!

Dont forget to join us over at www.rebellegionuk.com  too!

SJ3 ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:53 pm    Post subject: New Members - The Introduce Yourself Thread Reply with quote

Ahhhhhhhhh it's the Howards! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!!!

Just kidding, welcome back Alex,it's great to have you here at Rebel Legion, and as Jase say's make sure you sign up to the RL UK boards.

To those that don't know Alex, he is a Star Wars Prop and Costuming God!!!! 

Dacrates ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 4:58 pm    Post subject: New Members - The Introduce Yourself Thread Reply with quote

Too kind gents, just doing something that I enjoy and if it helps others then all the better.

logged onto UK HQ and hoping to be of some help if its needed

Thanks

Alex

ladyvader ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 5:24 pm    Post subject: New Members - The Introduce Yourself Thread Reply with quote

Screen Name: ladyvader

Male / Female: Female

Year of Birth: 1973

Marital Status: Married to a 501st Trooper, TC 2369

Children: 3 girls,  One 9 (almost 10), one 5, and stepdaughter 17

When Did You Join: September 25, 2006

Favourite Star Wars film: I don't really have a favourite, I like them all!!

Favourite non Star Wars film: Anything with Harrison Ford!!!!

Favourite Food:  Chinese or Philipino

Favourite Drink (Alcoholic): Rum of any kind mixed with whatever.. lol

Favourite Drink (Non-Alcoholic): Coke Zero

Favourite Book: I don't have one, I love to read any and everything, pretty much

Favourite Author: Don't have just one but a few.. too many to name!!
Favourite Game: Not really into games.

Favourite Game System:  X Box if I have to pick, since we have one...

Favourite Hobbies: Reading, collecting teapots,

What Makes You Happy: Spending time with family and good friends. Sometimes just being silly!! LOL

What Makes You Mad: Stoopid ppl and liars!!!

How Did You Get Into Star Wars: Hubby eats, sleeps, and collects anything SW!! Besides, what not to like about it??? LOL

edgejedi (Jase Fox)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:08 pm    Post subject: New Members - The Introduce Yourself Thread Reply with quote

Welcome on board Ladyvader - great to have you here!

Sorry for the delay in activating your account at our home site - Ive been offline now for about a week - now Im back! Yahoo!!!!

'eats, sleeps, and collects anything SW' - I adore you guys already!!!! Thats my kinda scum!(so long as you dont expect me to dust it all?) 

LuminaraUK (Nerissa Baseley)
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:27 am    Post subject: New Members - The Introduce Yourself Thread Reply with quote

Screen Name: LuminaraUK
Male / Female:   Female
Year of Birth:  1972
Marital Status:  Married
Children: None yet (but fun trying)
Favourite Star Wars film:  
Favourite non Star Wars film :The Goonies
Favourite Food:  Chinese
Favourite Drink (Alcohlic):  Vodka
Favourite Drink (Non-Alcoholic):  Dr Pepper
Favourite Book:   All Harry Potter books

Favourite Author:   Stephen King / Dean Koontz 
Favourite Game
Favourite Game System:  
Favourite Hobbies:   Costuming, going to the gym
What Makes You Happy: 
What Makes You Mad:  
How Did You Get Into Star Wars:   My husband wanted to be Darth Vader so made me a join and get involved first.
One Thing About You No-one Here Knows:   
Sum Yourself Up in 10 Words:  

edgejedi (Jase Fox)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:09 pm    Post subject: New Members - The Introduce Yourself Thread Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum LuminaraUK....and to membership soon we hope (application is still in progress!)

Did we meet in London or was this your Jedi sister?

Ata-pala ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 6:30 am    Post subject: New Members - The Introduce Yourself Thread Reply with quote

Hello to you all at Elstree Base. My name is Iain Maynard. I just joined the Rebel Legion. here are some details about me:

Born in Farnham in 1965. Served 12 years in the British Army mainly in Berlin as a Russian translator/interpreter. I went to Manchester University in 1994 graduating in 1998 with a joint honors in Russian and Turkish.

I live in Ankara in Turkey where I work for the US government as a translator/interpreter of Turkish. My wife, Asuman (Sky or the Heavens), is a few years older than me and has been working as a voiceover artist for Turkish state TV for 25 years. She is very supportive of my Jedi leanings and has helped me make a great costume using locally produced raw silk. I would show some photos but apparently you need a website to host your pictures; you cannot just send them from you PC's "My Pictures" file. Please check out Jedi members page 48 (I think).

I have two Siberian Huskies: Polo - pure white, male, born 28 Nov 2001. Boz - black, grey. white, female, born about three and a half years ago. I found her on the street abandoned and dying of malnutrition and mange. She gave us three puppies before I sterilized her.

I play KOTOR and KOTOR2 plus Jedi Outcast, Battlefront and Battlefront 2 and Republic Commando on my PC. We do not usually get Star Wars games in Turkey. I have to import them from HMV in UK. I also play Splinter Cell and Thief a lot.

I listen to Tangerine Dream and have a fan-recording CD collection of almost every concert they have ever played. The band sanctions bootleg concert recordings but not the piracy of commercial albums. I also watch Babylon 5. I wish George Lucas could help J Straszinski finish the B5 spinoff series Crusade after the networks pulled the plug after 13 out of 110 episodes.

My costume is: Boots - Obi Wan Ep 1 (Australian WW2 tank officer boots) but I had an 80-year old master make them. As a boy he made boots for Turkish cavalry officers. Trousers/pants - shop bought Khakis. Inner Tunic - locally produced cotton, a button under the left collar bone and ties at the waist. Outer tunic - locally produced heavy raw silk and lined with cotton. The obi is the same silk. The tabards are suede - not enough silk! The robe is locally produced wool. Everything was sown together by my wife (bless her). I hand made the belt. It has screw-in rivets at the back for adjustment and a separate leather strip with holes in to go over the rivets and hold the belt in place. It therefore stays symmetrical. It took me over a year to put it all together.

I have a collection of MR sabers but MR itself no longer ships to Turkey citing legal reasons. Retailers can still ship MR products to Turkey, though. I now get Tim Yaskus at the Custom Saber Shop in Washington State to send me my MR stuff. He also provided the working parts for my home-built saber - a flashlight cut to look like a KOTOR short saber. I then added a Saber Shop blade holder, LED and driver board, plus a Luke EpIV switch box. The blade is also Custom Saber supplied. The hilt is bound in leather to match the boots (fashion conscious jedi).

I believe I am the only Rebel Legion member in Turkey, British or Turkish or otherwise, unless you guys know different. There may be American members on the airbase in Incirlik near Adana on the Mediterranean coast.

I really hope I can meet you guys one day, maybe at Celebration 2007.

Duct tape is like the Force - it has a light side, a dark side and it binds everything together.

May the Force be With You, Always.

iain
edgejedi (Jase Fox)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 9:59 pm    Post subject: New Members - The Introduce Yourself Thread Reply with quote

Great to see you here Iain and welcome to the boards and as a full member!

Ive sent you a longer email directly and would welcome you to our small corner of the galaxy! See you there!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases Europe -> Elstree Base All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: