Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=d0c6b29ac8242b6b80316c6a1ea2ceb4Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Lucas Cultural Museum is up for discussion Thursday!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Obi-Shawn (Shawn Crosby)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:49 pm    Post subject: Lucas Cultural Museum is up for discussion Thursday! Reply with quote

I no longer see my previous post here, and no one knew what I was talking about this weekend in San Jose, so thought I'd post here:

As many of you may know, George is vying with two other entities to get a museum space down the street from LFL offices and ILM in the Presidio in San Francisco. The "Lucas Cultural Arts Museum" hopes to be home to displays of costumes, art, posters and other things that George has in his collection or has an interest in. Many of these items have been viewable to the lucky few that have been able to wander the halls of Skywalker Ranch, and include original works by Windsor McCay, N.C. Wyeth, Alfonse Mucha, and Norman Rockwell to name a few. Add to this a world-class collection of International and Domestic Movie Posters, the Skywalker Ranch Archives and items on display at the Letterman Digital Arts Center and you have decades of display material that can be made available for viewing to the public.

And they'd love you to come down if you're in the area!

Quote:

October 24, 2013: At a public meeting of the Presidio Trust Board of Directors, the board will take public comment on the final proposals. The meeting will be held at 6:30 pm at the Observation Post at the Presidio, 211 Lincoln Boulevard, Main Post.

If you want to support the museum, it's hoped that you will try to make the meeting - in street clothes, not costume- to show you want it there!

Here's the proposal for the museum:
http://www.presidio.gov/about/Pages/commissary-lucas-cultural-arts-museum.aspx

And a note from the Archives folk:
Quote:

Dear Costumer, Museum goer, Indy and Star Wars Fan:

As the costume archivist for the Lucas Cultural Arts Museum, I am contacting you to rally your troops around George Lucas and his proposed museum in the bay area! We need your help in getting this major art institution into the Presidio site in San Francisco. We need support of all our Star Wars fans to make this a reality!

The Lucas Cultural Arts Museum not only will house George’s extensive art collection, but will also have a permanent cinematic arts gallery which will include Star Wars and Indy original art, models and costumes (on a permanent basis)! Can you imagine visiting the Death Star whenever you are in town or see original costumes from Indiana Jones? We need to make this happen!

How, do you ask? Have all your members (and family/friends, etc.) go to the Presidio Trust’s site and make a comment in LCAM’s favor: http://www.presidio.gov/about/Pages/commissary-proposals.aspx You don’t need to write a paragraph (unless you’d like), something as small as a sentence will do a world of good. In doing so, you are insuring a future for the museum and the artifacts you love to educate future generations.

I hope you can help with the cause! I am a HUGE Star Wars fan myself and hope your participation leads to a new future for the archive and a wonderful new museum for you, your family and friends. Thanks so much for your time.

So there you have it- you have the chance to bust the Archives wide open for the public to see! Visit this page http://www.presidio.gov/about/Pages/commissary-proposals.aspx and let yourself be heard... Very Happy

Thanks!
Shawn
Pilot - H-Wing and Z-Wing Carfighters
[/url]
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the heads up. By the way, none of us removed a post by you. Looking at your recent post history, it seems your original post was in Rebel Rumblings rather than our Base forum Smile

Rebel Legion - Endor Base
Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Facebook: Kay Dee Collection and Costumes
Obi-Shawn (Shawn Crosby)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope it didn't sound accusatory, i just couldn't find a post I have record of making on my checklist and in my archives folder. I saw that the Rumblings one is still there- that was the one to get everyone to send comments to the site- but should have had one here as well that was location-specific to get folk to the actual appearance. It wouldn't be the first time there's been a glitch; I already know these forums and my computer don't always get along well. Very Happy

Disappointed that I can't drive up myself, and hope a few of you can make it!
[/url]
JedHead (Matt Tolosa)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw it under Rebel Rumblings and just saw it here now. Dale and I went though. I got an extra souvenir shirt in a size Large if you want, Shawn.

http://endorbase.org/

In Loving Memory of Chanel Vanecek, aka "Padme_Skywalkr" (Feb. 7, 1980 - Oct. 25, 2003) xoxo
http://endorbase.org/members.html
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Obi-Shawn (Shawn Crosby)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would, thanks- that would be cool! Dut how did it go?!?! Not that Lucas couldn't have the Palace of Fine Arts if this falls through, but I love the plan at Chrissy Field.
[/url]
JedHead (Matt Tolosa)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Silver Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted some stuff on my Facebook last night about it. It would be nice if the Archives were moved to the Palace of Fine Arts, though. Its Naboo!

http://endorbase.org/

In Loving Memory of Chanel Vanecek, aka "Padme_Skywalkr" (Feb. 7, 1980 - Oct. 25, 2003) xoxo
http://endorbase.org/members.html
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: