About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=ee8105a4183649765b75e3cc99007b8eMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

SW: Where Science Meets Imagination - Boston 10/22
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Alderaan Base -> Alderaan Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Queen Amidala (Mary Alice Ladd)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 5:33 pm    Post subject: SW: Where Science Meets Imagination - Boston 10/22 Reply with quote

Gala opening on October 22nd for Star War: Where Science Meets Imagination

Jedi:

Do you have the highest level canon costume ?  (i.e. accurate costume + resemblance to a face character)

Royalty, Pilots, Troopers, etc:

Is you costume a highly accurate replica down to the last detail?

If the answer is yes, and you have not already contacted Brian Anderson hawkbat8  Alderaan Base Commander about attending gala opening and/or pre opening events you should do so now!

This is a high profile event with VIP guests! 

I just found out I have a schedule conflict and can't make it to Boston for the opening.

If you don't have a Rebel Legion costume that qualifies, and can fit into Stormtrooper  Armor that has been modified to fit  my slim build: (5'7" 120 lbs boot size 6 men's / 7 1/2 women's) the send me a email or pm about an armor loan.  (feel the power of the darkside  )

FYI: I have another event the next week so I would need the armor back right away.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
phantom8 (Brian Anderson)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 3:24 pm    Post subject: SW: Where Science Meets Imagination - Boston 10/22 Reply with quote

More information on the main event:

The Museum of Science has a HUGE event planned for October 22nd, to celebrate the release of the film.

The museum is looking for highly accurate "Face Character" jedi, particularly Luke, prequel Obi-Wan and prequel Anakin.

"Generic" Jedi are not needed for the event.

For a "face character" Jedi, your costume should be as screen accurate as possible, and you must be physically similar to the character in question: height, build, hair color/style, facial features, etc...

Additionally, they are very interested in high quality alien Jedi (for example, Kit Fisto would rock, but we're talking prosthetics not Rubies).

We have Aayla Secura, Barriss Offee and Depa Billaba so far.

For Pilots, troopers, etc...

We have several X wing pilots already booked. The museum wants a few, but not a ton. At this point, the chance of adding more pilots is getting lower, but not to be ruled out yet.

For fleet troopers - the costume needs to be as close to 100% accurate as possible: shirt with bib in the right color, boots, belt, blaster, etc. The other concern with the RTFs is that they all need to match, so if we are going to have 2 RFTs, they need to look "right" when standing next to each other.

We already have a Leia, and only want 1 for the event.

We have a tentative Padme, but she has not confirmed yet, so that slot is still open. Like the other costumes, we're looking for ultra-accurate in both materials and general "look" of the person in the costume.

padmeelaina

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 7:38 am    Post subject: SW: Where Science Meets Imagination - Boston 10/22 Reply with quote

Hello!! My name is Gabrielle Elaina and I work as a professional Natalie Portman Lookalike for conventions, movie premieres and fan films. I look so much like her in face, height and costumes (designed to film replica) that an article was written about me over a two week period.

You can view the article here:

http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/sptimes/891674971.html?MAC=1760a877ae5de4c1763d3224607eff4e&did=891674971&FMT=FT&FMTS=FT&date=Sep+4%2C+2005&author=LEONORA+LaPETER&pub=St.+Petersburg+Times&printformat=&desc=Actor%27s+life+a+daily+fairy+tale

In the past I have worked for major Exhibitions in the Usa and Uk. Including a Kate Winslet lookalike for Titanic the Exhibition Tour, Earl Spencer and Althorp's Princess Diana a Celebration (as the english princess for the tour) and Mattel's anniversary museum Tour as Barbie.

I have most of Padme's costumes made to scale. The gowns that are completed are Fireside Gown, Gold Picnic Gown, and the Purple Senate Elizabethan Gown.

if you would like me to appear for the opening it will be a real eye opener. Patrons have seriously mistaken me for Natalie herself due to our facial, weight and height similarities. I have a home in Boston that I can stay at if you would like me to attend. Traveling is not a problem either. I will be finishing my Pirates of the caribbean tour up in that area at that time anyways.

Gabrielle Elaina

gelaina1@yahoo.com

727 827 5908

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 2:45 pm    Post subject: SW: Where Science Meets Imagination - Boston 10/22 Reply with quote

padmeelaina  You should send all you Star Wars costume photos to Brian hawkbat8 , so he can submit them for consideration. But as a reminder, there is no payment for appearance. (Since you mentioned you do this professionally) We do this all as volunteers, and the love of Star Wars and Star Wars costumes.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
padmeelaina

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 11:52 pm    Post subject: SW: Where Science Meets Imagination - Boston 10/22 Reply with quote

Most of my photos were taken by the newspapers up here. I have to get them from the photographer Chari Wilson or else take digitals. How soon do you need these?? I can take digitals as soon as possible. I have a friend that lives in Boston as well and I can stay with her if need be.

I understand about the payment. I could scan the newspaper article photos but they are black and white.

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 12:43 am    Post subject: SW: Where Science Meets Imagination - Boston 10/22 Reply with quote

There is a group that looks at all the photos, so you would want the best photos you can submit.  I think they are almost done with the planning, this was kind of a last reminder to catch anyone that did not hear about it. 

And you need good photos of  you/your costumes anyway if you want to go from Forum status to Rebel Legion member status.

padmeelaina

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 1:03 am    Post subject: SW: Where Science Meets Imagination - Boston 10/22 Reply with quote

How much time do I have? (days wise)... the St Pete Newspaper promised me a Cd of the photshoot and I have not recieved it as of yet. The pictures in the paper were also published in bIack and white. So that kind of binds me up. I have plenty of headshots out of costume... I am just bound up with the costume shots.

If I take my own digital pics I could probably do it tommorrow evening and have them on here the next day. Would this be ok?

Gabriella

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 3:00 am    Post subject: SW: Where Science Meets Imagination - Boston 10/22 Reply with quote

the sooner the better really Smile

padmeelaina

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 3:18 am    Post subject: SW: Where Science Meets Imagination - Boston 10/22 Reply with quote

I will try lol. I can scan the newspaper article photos tonight but they are black and white. The anastasia romanov remake costume is in color.

I cant wait forever for the photographer to mail me the pics so.. I will take digitals tommorow. I can lay out the black corset dress on the bed and take photos of it, and take pictures in the gold picnic dress. is this ok???

i have a huge Pirates of the Carib event that i am getting ready for also this weekend in panama city florida and have to leave Thursday night. The pirate hype is already starting up again because the second movie is almost completed. So that is keeping me very busy this week. Plus I have the flu, that is slowing me down as well.

Let me know!!

padmeelaina

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:02 am    Post subject: SW: Where Science Meets Imagination - Boston 10/22 Reply with quote

Hello again!!! My costumes are in Largo (thats why I was going to go up there and take photos tommorrow evening)...

However...I have my Fireside gown here in my actual bedroom. I hung up the Black Leather Corset with the hand beaded and sequined scarf with the Fishtail hand beaded Skirt.

The Skirt took the longest time to complete. It has a medium length fishtail and is hand sequined embroidered on a mesh detailed skirt similar to the movie. It has a white with silver tone lining under the lacy mesh.  I placed about 3,000 sequins on the skirt and it is very beautiful. This was the photography staff's favorite Padme costume so it made it to the paper. They actually preferred it over the picnic gown and senate costume.

I sent the Fireside photos to yourself and the contact in my pvt mail box. I took the costume photos in a nice lighted area to see the sequin detail.

Gabrielle

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 3:12 pm    Post subject: SW: Where Science Meets Imagination - Boston 10/22 Reply with quote

Residents involved in planning for Star Wars exhibit opening

Since the info is public now, here is some guest info:

"I'm happy that Star Wars can help to educate people about technology in an entertaining way," said George Lucas, who will appear at the gala. "Technological innovation and filmmaking have a lot in common; they both begin with imagination and creativity."

Also at the gala will be Anthony Daniels, the actor who portrayed the popular C-3PO robot in the Star Wars films, who will serve as master of ceremonies at the event.

Woman plan 'Star Wars' gala

...gala celebrating the premiere of "Star Wars: Where Science Meets Imagination," a new exhibit developed by the Museum of Science, in collaboration with Lucasfilm Ltd.

That Saturday, the gala will feature Star Wars filmmaker George Lucas and actor Anthony Daniels, who portrayed the golden protocol droid C-3PO.

padmeelaina

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 9:57 pm    Post subject: SW: Where Science Meets Imagination - Boston 10/22 Reply with quote

I am very excited to be aboard for the Gala event!!

Gabrielle

cyranodb (Mike)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:39 am    Post subject: SW: Where Science Meets Imagination - Boston 10/22 Reply with quote

Hey...do we know who the Chewie and Leia were for the opening pitch at Fenway yesterday???  Just wondering if it was a couple of our people Smile
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:53 pm    Post subject: SW: Where Science Meets Imagination - Boston 10/22 Reply with quote

i'm just about to post about the game Smile
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:54 pm    Post subject: SW: Where Science Meets Imagination - Boston 10/22 Reply with quote

Quote: Originally posted by padmeelaina on 28 September 2005

I am very excited to be aboard for the Gala event!!

Gabrielle

Also, please make sure to sumit your costume photos to Reble Legion, so you can move to full Rebel Legion Member status and have your photo included in the member section.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Alderaan Base -> Alderaan Archive All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: