About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=765cf5f062c24f454f8d2a589d904d73Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Toys 4 Tots Charity Toy Drive Needs Volunteers!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Sunrider Base -> Sunrider Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SDMaraJade ()
Archived Member Profile

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:36 pm    Post subject: Toys 4 Tots Charity Toy Drive Needs Volunteers! Reply with quote

Toys 4 Tots Charity Toy Drive - New/Better Location This Year!

1240 WEST MORENA BOULEVARD

SAN DIEGO, CA 92110

For more information on this charity, visit the Toys For Tots website located here: http://www.toysfortots.org/home/

Idealistically they would like at least 2-4 people each weekend day. Half would be stationed at the front door to inform people you are collecting for Toys for Tots, the other half at the exit to recieve the gifts.

Toys R Us Morena Store is really serious about its Toys 4 Tots program. The reason being is that the night manager Mike is a Marine himself and volunteers all his spare time standing out in front of the store in his Marine Uniform. As of this past week, he has already collected $1,000 worth of toys for needy kids in San Diego County. What Mike has noticed, is that if no one is standing guard by the Toy Collection box, people don't donate but simply walk on by. He told me the story of one grandmother who filled up an entire cart full of Toys. One of the toys was for her grandchild, the rest of the toys in the cart she donated. Mike asked her why she donated, and her response was, "Because you were standing there in your uniform." I can vouch that for the past 3 years of us doing Toys 4 Tots, people dontated simply because the Star Wars characters and members asked them too. Having a Star Wars character there for people to take pictures with attracts a lot of attention.

TRU has a room in the back where you can change, at the very back of the store through the doors near the baby items. Here is the prime list of days for volunteering from now till Christmas. Please sign up for when you can volunteer, send me an email at MaraJade@cox.net, or sign up in this thread. A 2 hour shift would probably be the minimum to sign up to work, but you can work longer if you like. If you all could look over the list of dates, and sign up for a day or two I'd appreciate it. I need to get the list back to Mike ASAP. He is giving us first shot at picking days/times we want to work. After we pick our dates, he opens up the list to other groups and organizations, Marines etc.

Sat. Nov. 5th, 12th, 19th, 26th, and Dec. 3rd, and 17th at these times:

10:00- 12:00

12:00 - 2:00

2:00 - 4:00

4:00 - 6:00

6:00 - 9:00

Sun. Nov. 6th, 13th, 20th, 27th, and Dec. 4th, 11th, and 18th at these times:

10:00 - 12:00

4:00 - 7:00

FRIDAY Nov. 25th (Green Friday - Day after Thanksgiving. TRU is having BIG sales this day and will open the store at 5:00am. This is the biggest sale day of the year, and would be the prime time to collect donations) Sign up for these times:

8:00 - 10:00

10:00 - 12:00

4:00 - 6:00

6:00 - 9:00

December 10th is Rebel Legion Day all day!

Toys 4 Tots wants to mention that while everyone likes to buy items for the young children, it is the older children that often get left out, please remember to buy something for the 12-17 year olds as well. Thank you!

Linda L. Crispien

San Diego Star Wars Society Co-Founder

501st So Cal Garrison San Diego Squad

Rebel Legion Sunrider Base

http://www.SanDiegoStarWars.com

Grey Jedi (Donna Keeley)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:51 pm    Post subject: Toys 4 Tots Charity Toy Drive Needs Volunteers! Reply with quote

Let's pick a date and have "Rebel Legion Day". If it's in December maybe we can adjourn for a small, holiday gathering at a pizza place or Dave & Busters afterwards.
SDMaraJade ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:59 pm    Post subject: Toys 4 Tots Charity Toy Drive Needs Volunteers! Reply with quote

Rebel Legion day is a great idea Donna.

There are lots of cool places to eat in that area, and Old Town is nearby.
Gavin_Nightstrider ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 4:05 pm    Post subject: Toys 4 Tots Charity Toy Drive Needs Volunteers! Reply with quote

Hey, if it were a Rebel Legion schedualed day, I could request it off of work.

As it is, I'll be trying to get at least one of those days off - it'll be a long haul, SD is quite a ways from me, but a haul that I'd be willing to make nonetheless.

... I think I've got family down there anyways, that I could overnight with if I needed to.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SDMaraJade ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 6:08 pm    Post subject: Toys 4 Tots Charity Toy Drive Needs Volunteers! Reply with quote

Some of us here in SD are doing it from 10-2pm this Saturday November 5th if anyone wants to join us.
SDMaraJade ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 3:17 am    Post subject: Toys 4 Tots Charity Toy Drive Needs Volunteers! Reply with quote

Here are the pics I took at the Toys 4 Tots drive today:

Toys For Tots Pics
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Sunrider Base -> Sunrider Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: