Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=9b3f1de50da1b55143859eb04b93c4baMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Obi-Wan Episode III Beard

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Obi-Wan Kenobi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dbdgamer (Dan Decker)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Boston Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:54 am    Post subject: Obi-Wan Episode III Beard Reply with quote

So I've been slowly working on my Obi-wan costume for a month or so now. Initially I was just gonna style my own hair and beard to match his but that won't work with another costume I'm making. So then I was going to make my own prosthetic beard appliance, but found this one instead:

http://www.funfolly.com/h/w/b0007.htm

I don't think it looks half bad, I will have to make some adjustments but its nice.

And if I combine it with the 'Walrus' Mostache in the same color from this page:

http://www.funfolly.com/h/w/m0001.htm

I think I can do a decent job creating an Obi-Wan effect. I was hoping to get some other opinions before I purchase these.

My concerns:

1. How realistic does it look? I think it looks pretty good but the plastic head throws the whole thing off a bit. Its hard for me to tell how good it actually looks on a person.

2. I'm not sure about the color, It might be a little to light, but at the same time Obi-Wan's beard was lighter. I can go with a darker color but I do like this one I'm just not 100% on it.

If it doesn't look that great what are some other ideas for the beard?

Hopefully some of you more experienced Obi-Wans can give me some help in figuring this out.
In-Progress Costumes; Mandalorian, Super Secret Project
Shay Kenobi ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dan.

You have done pretty well Smile

The colour is close enough. If you break up the very straight lines on both the mustache and beard it will look even better. Have a hairdresser / barber do a little restyling just by chipping into the edge a little or you can even do it yourself.

Well done - good find and best of luck with the OWK Wink

" Another happy landing "
KDThompson ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dan,

I'm not sure if you've already ordered your beard, but I posted this in another Obi-Wan thread with my full suggestions and write up with pictures to the a beard from Act One Costumes.

http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=33467&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

Perhaps that will give you you a hand with your Ep III Obi-Wan.

>^.^<
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Obi-Wan Kenobi All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: