Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=9bb53bc97add9240d3ffa245658b77bbMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

30TH ANNUAL RICHMOND CHRISTMAS PARADE - 12-7-13 8:00AM-1PM
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Freedom Base -> Freedom Base Events -> Freedom Base Event Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Registration
 (8)

(2)

(11)

User Registered Confirmed
ShivanndTue Aug 27, 2013 7:45 pmTue Oct 08, 2013 3:15 am
DomnuSun Sep 01, 2013 7:55 pm
Jon-Ari_KenobiSat Sep 07, 2013 7:59 pm
Skywalker2BTue Oct 15, 2013 8:31 pmFri Dec 06, 2013 4:26 pm
ZochaThu Oct 17, 2013 10:18 am
KA-513Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:58 am
jrhd89Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:45 pmFri Dec 06, 2013 2:53 pm
Bouri-PlwelFri Dec 06, 2013 2:10 pm
Koda VonnorThu Dec 05, 2013 4:07 pm
Pdme AmdalaThu Dec 05, 2013 11:10 pm
Turtle CommandoSun Sep 22, 2013 5:17 pmSat Dec 07, 2013 1:08 pm
RyongKaiSat Nov 02, 2013 3:34 amFri Nov 15, 2013 2:31 am
Yeo KeroFri Nov 15, 2013 12:19 am
QenVarithFri Nov 22, 2013 8:32 pm
engineerSat Nov 23, 2013 2:27 amSat Nov 23, 2013 2:28 am
Jedi_BoyerTue Nov 26, 2013 8:57 pm
JATSU-AIKISat Nov 30, 2013 9:58 pm
twilekjediFri Dec 06, 2013 3:31 amFri Dec 06, 2013 3:37 am
Nikkos KhannFri Dec 06, 2013 5:54 pmFri Dec 06, 2013 6:10 pm
Orin MallixFri Dec 06, 2013 6:37 pm
Sol Kar PloonSun Dec 08, 2013 3:39 am
Yeo Kero (Charles Wright)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Celebration Europe 3 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shivannd wrote:
Yeo Kero wrote:
I hate to do this, but I have to back out. Sad I'll try to make it next year.

What happened? Everything looked like it was falling into place.

[

Our base had a been given a T4T event for the same day, and I try to do the charity side as a priority. However, things aren't looking like they're shaping up and I might be joining you guys after all if it falls through. I'll keep you posted.

Terrapin Base Commanding Officer 9/13 - 9/17
29th Trooper Division CO 9/17 -
Lord Warden of the Royal Privies
Domnu (Christina Maher)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im coming but Barry may be coming he has to ck his work schedule so he is a maybe.
QenVarith (Brandon Bloodworth)
LCJ Support Staff
LCJ Support Staff

Medals: 3 (View more...)
RL Trading Card Design Team (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was really hoping to make it for this... but losing my full-time contract has put me in serious financial straits. I'd have to drive down from Winchester and stay in a hotel with my son, and at this point I just don't see how I can afford it.

I'm sorry, everyone. Crying or Very sad If something changes between now and then I'll change my status.
Shivannd (Joel Webne)
Freedom Base XO
Freedom Base XO

RL Trading Card Design Team (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the location of where we are meeting on the morning of the 7th. They have updated it for this year with the new Redskins facility and such.:

http://richmondparade.com/webfm_send/121

If you look at where it says DIVISION 4 along Leigh Street in the back, that is where we are mustering.
If you have a parking pass, which if you are coming to the dinner tonight, you can pick up from me, you can park in the OVERFLOW PARKING or DMV V LOTS
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE BE AT THE MUSTER POINT NO LATER THAT 8:30-8:45

WE STEP OFF AT 10....

If you are going to the shuttle lot, here is that info and MAKE SURE TO GIVE YOURSELF AT LEAST 30 MINUTES TO GET TO THE MUSTER POINT FROM THE SHUTTLE
Quote:
"You MUST arrive at the set-up area at DMV and the Science Museum NO LATER than 8:30am "

"You must be in the Line Up area and checked in with your Division Captain by 9:00am
Roll Call will be at 9:30am. Any Units not in line will not be allowed to participate."

Here is parking info.

There is a shuttle lot which is listed below that will take you to the muster point at the Science Museum. This lot is about 3 blocks down on 7th Street past the Coliseum where the parade ends.
Here is the info about the lot:
There is no physical address for the parking lot.
It is typically a GRTC lot and lot for VCU called Lot I
VCU LOT I
and it is where the shuttle will pick up.

It is literally right across 95S on 7th Street. You can get to it by taking the 3rd street exit off of 95 South and turning LEFT on Jackson, and then another LEFT on 7th Street. Go across 95 South and the lot is on your left.

It is also
Stop ID: 3032
GRTC Transit System http://www.ridegrtc.com

7th + Parking Lot (I Lot)
Richmond, VA 23219[/quote]

or you can plug this into the Hyperdrive Navigator:
992 N 7th St
Richmond, VA 23219

------------------------------
As far as the dinner the night before I am still open to suggestions but O'Charleys midtown is still fine with me as it is our old standby:
6291 W. Broad Street
Richmond, VA 23230-2204
(804) 673-8233

If you are coming in from out of town or are in town and want to join us feel free to mosey in and grab a brew with us. We will probably be there around 7ish.

Joel Webne
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Shivannd (Joel Webne)
Freedom Base XO
Freedom Base XO

Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The weather report is starting to look like 2009 again....47 and 50% chance of showers.

We are working on a cover for the truck for the droids so that we can still have them in the truck.

If the rain is going to hinder you from marching, please let us know ahead of time.

ALSO....we have been invited to participate in the Luncheon after the parade from 12:30-1:30 at the Science Museum for The Christmas Parade Children’s Luncheon
You can see the details here:
http://richmondparade.com/christmas-parade-childrens-luncheon

I told the person who contacted me today that I would see who would be willing to participate but it would be dependent on when we finished with the actual parade and what the weather and transportation was like. She was very understanding. But if there is ANYONE who can finish the parade and make it back over to the Science Museum, it would be greatly appreciated.
She told me that she is going to arrange for anyone who is going to attend to be able to park in the Children's Museum/Science Museum Parking Lot.
I am going to try but since my car is over in the DMV I am going to have to try and get over there first.
She understood if we weren't able to do it based on the timing of the parade and weather restrictions.

----------------------------
I am looking forward to seeing EVERYONE on Saturday for the parade. I greatly appreciate you all taking time out of your Saturday to come up and march once again.
Rick, Bill, Brooks and I will be at the O'Charleys mentioned above around 7 or so, so if anyone coming in from out of town would like to join us, feel free. I will also have parking passes if you want to park at the beginning of the route instead of the end of the route.

Thanks again...GO FREEDOM BASE!!

Joel Webne
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Jon-Ari_Kenobi (John Dittmyre)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the Children's Museum appearance a brief one like the last time we did it?

I could do it, would probably have to leave from there to start heading for Virginia Beach parade and skip out on Buffalo Wild Wings

Also don't forget to sign up on the dinner tally thread so we can make a reservation if we need to

Skywalker2B ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be driving down from Fredericksburg Saturday morning (leaving the house about 0630, shd put me there about 0730). Since I won't have a parking pass, I guess I'll have to park in the shuttle lot.

Assuming that I could get to my car and someone direct me, I should be able to also do the Children's Museum.

Are there also plans for BWW after the parade? Will that be after the Children's Museum or at the same time?

Will there be a place to change near the set-up/muster point? Or should I plan on being fully costumed before I get on the shuttle? Since we may get rain, I'll be leaving my phone in my car during the parade, so once I'm on the shuttle I'll be out of communication. I just want to make sure I'm going to the correct locations and such beforehand.
Shivannd (Joel Webne)
Freedom Base XO
Freedom Base XO

Website Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skywalker2B wrote:
I'll be driving down from Fredericksburg Saturday morning (leaving the house about 0630, shd put me there about 0730). Since I won't have a parking pass, I guess I'll have to park in the shuttle lot.

Assuming that I could get to my car and someone direct me, I should be able to also do the Children's Museum.

Are there also plans for BWW after the parade? Will that be after the Children's Museum or at the same time?

Will there be a place to change near the set-up/muster point? Or should I plan on being fully costumed before I get on the shuttle? Since we may get rain, I'll be leaving my phone in my car during the parade, so once I'm on the shuttle I'll be out of communication. I just want to make sure I'm going to the correct locations and such beforehand.

I will have parking passes on me in my RFT vest so when you finish the march you can get to your car and head back to the Science Museum with the pass.
The best thing is the be in as much of the costume as possible before you get on the shuttle. You will have time to fix yourself up once you get to the muster point as well as we will be standing around for a little while.
I would bring your phone with you. I can put in in my RFT vest if I need to or you can stash it in the truck since we will have that between the two groups.

We are in front of the 501st this year, just as an FYI, so we will need 2 people to carry the Freedom Base RL banner.

And yes there is a lunch afterwards at BW3 as usual. It is the same time as the Science Museum luncheon for the kids. We will be there for a little while but once you are at the end of the route then you have to go back to the Science Museum and then back to Shockoe Bottom to BW3. lots of travel. We would understand if you didn't make it to BW3.

Joel Webne
jrhd89 (Dieter Jobe)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be happy to assist at the Science Museum as long as it's OK to wear a Tusken Raider.
Baron Soontir Fel
Shivannd (Joel Webne)
Freedom Base XO
Freedom Base XO

Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely!!!
All help is graciously appreciated!
I may be able to arrange transport from the end of the route to the Science Museum if I know who is able to go by the end of the day today.
I am going to call the person coordinating the Science Museum piece and let her know and she may be able to have someone waiting at the end of the route to bring you over to the Science Museum.
I will check.

Everyone else...I am really looking forward to seeing you. I know the weather might be crap but our spirits will be high!
We do this for the kids and even with the untimely weather they will still be out looking for their favorite characters.

Thanks in advance and I look forward to trooping with each and every one of you!!!

Joel Webne
Skywalker2B ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rick C./engineer posted on FB for the Tidewater Alliance that, due to the weather, there are currently 3 options for the parade:

1. Go on as planned.
2. Reschedule for Sunday, 8 Dec.
3. Cancel.

Joel, you may want to touch base with your parade POC and confirm this and get the latest. From what I'm hearing, the rain is supposed to start this afternoon and go through Saturday. The temp is also supposed to fall into the 40's overnight into Saturday, so we're looking at a cold rain. Just rain or just cold is one thing, but putting them together...not fun.

BTW, if they go with option 2, I will not be able to make it. I already have the whole Sunday booked.
Koda Vonnor (BillCostigan)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Celebration17 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For personal reasons I am moving to tentative for this event. As this is a medium profile RL event, I would ask that any questions or communication regarding my status change be posted here. I prefer not to discuss the details via pm or private communication.

Thanks.

~ Bill Costigan
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oops I just realized engineer was talking about the Virginia Beach parade not Richmond.
Shivannd (Joel Webne)
Freedom Base XO
Freedom Base XO

Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ummm....that is Richmond Kentucky, not VIRGINIA... Laughing

Joel Webne
Shivannd (Joel Webne)
Freedom Base XO
Freedom Base XO

Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Koda Vonnor wrote:
For personal reasons I am moving to tentative for this event. As this is a medium profile RL event, I would ask that any questions or communication regarding my status change be posted here. I prefer not to discuss the details via pm or private communication.

Thanks.

~ Bill Costigan

ok then let me be the first to ask what's up since you would like to have it discussed in the open. Confused Shocked

Joel Webne
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Freedom Base -> Freedom Base Events -> Freedom Base Event Archive All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: