Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=db7d56b7ccdf112b48f01c29398c671dMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Padme Inspired Wedding Gown (Completed with Pics)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Padme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
padme9055 (Tabitha McCurdy)
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:32 am    Post subject: Padme Inspired Wedding Gown (Completed with Pics) Reply with quote

This is a starting of what will be at least 6 months in production post Smile . My amazing boyfriend of 18 months asked me to marry him last week and I of course said yes! So now I'm in planning (YAY).

I ADORE Padme's Picnic gown and actually made it last year and just love most of it Smile . So I have decided that for my wedding dress, I'm going to make a gown that is VERY like Padme's Picnic Gown, with a few alterations that I want.

I'm so excited! Right now I'm not able to post the sketch of it I did up, but in the next few days I'll try to post it. My plan is to have the embroidered corset, which I will do by hand again. My colors are going to be silver, purple, pale green, pink?, and blue. Maybe some yellow as well.

Tabitha: a daughter, big sister, screenwriter, costumer, seamstress.

Last edited by padme9055 (Tabitha McCurdy) on Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Padme of Hidden Lake ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all CONGRATULATIONS!

Secondly I love your idea! I cant wait to see pics. That is one of my favorites of her gowns as well mostly for the embroidery on the gown itself. I actually bought a shiny ivory sheer embroidered Egyptian cotton (in Cairo) years ago with a similar design/pattern to add to my grandmother's dress when my girlfriend is finally done with Vet School. Are you planning on all over embroidery or just the corset? Same shape? Similar? or more wedding traditional? (Sorry real sucker for weddings right now)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last night I made the first purchase on this dress. I bought silk Duopni for the corset, plus some soluby for the embroidery. I still need to get coutil and a lining fabric, but the first steps have been made Smile .

I'll try to get a pic posted tomorrow of the design.

Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Padme of Hidden Lake wrote:
First of all CONGRATULATIONS!

Secondly I love your idea! I cant wait to see pics. That is one of my favorites of her gowns as well mostly for the embroidery on the gown itself. I actually bought a shiny ivory sheer embroidered Egyptian cotton (in Cairo) years ago with a similar design/pattern to add to my grandmother's dress when my girlfriend is finally done with Vet School. Are you planning on all over embroidery or just the corset? Same shape? Similar? or more wedding traditional? (Sorry real sucker for weddings right now)

The idea is to put the picnic gown into a traditional format. So the fabrics are an embroidered silk chiffon, and silk dounbi for the corset. The skirt will go over a petticoat and have a train. So it will be very similar, but with some edits to make it look more traditionally wedding.

Padme of Hidden Lake ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds beautiful. Cant wait to see pictures!
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE!

I recieved my fabric for my corset and then proceed to spoil it by washing it with a dirty rag. Now it has three or four rather bad stains that I can't get out yet (still have a few tricks to try). I'm really hoping to get them out soon so I can get the corset started soon.

I also FINALLY got some pictures to show Smile .

This is the concept for the dress as I have it dreamed up in my head. The biggest change I made is to the sleeves. Lovely as the sleeves are in Padme's gown, I really hate wearing them Razz. And I have always LOVE Renaisance sleeves, the kind that are tight on the forearm and long and loose to the fingertips or longer. I also plan on having a petticoat under the skirt to give the A-line bride look that I like.

I'm going to use an embroidered chiffon for the body of the dress and sleeves. I want to purchase a pre-embroidered chiffon, but if one is not found, then I will hand embroider it (yay Razz).

For the veil, I'm going to use the shawl fabric. It is SO pretty as a veil, I think.

And I have the embroidery pattern ready for the corset Smile My colors are based off Rarity, from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, so the corset is going to be embroidered in shades of purple, with silver and green accents. It's going to be SO pretty.

And the pattern drawn out on the solvy.

Very much looking forward to starting on this Smile .

Last edited by padme9055 (Tabitha McCurdy) on Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:42 am; edited 1 time in total
RebelSenator ()
Active Legion Member

Celebration Anaheim (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very pretty design Very Happy
Kylo Ren (Dawn Bright)
Assistant Membership Officer
Assistant Membership Officer

Medals: 4 (View more...)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its going to be so lovely, I can't wait to see more. The design is beautiful!

LMO 501st Legion ALMO Rebel Legion
Padme of Hidden Lake ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

absolutely gorgeous!
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Friday was my 24th birthday (yay to me Smile ), so I decided that I wanted to take my mom and sisters with me to go wedding dress and bridesmaide dress shopping on Saturday. My sisters are my bridesmaides, so it worked out nicely.

I was not expecting to find ANYTHING. But I was totally surprised when I found this beautiful dress

And when I put the Padme Picnic corset over it, it looked FABOULOUS! Very Padme, but still very wedding and VERY traditional.

However, since the dress cost $400 and I was going to basically cover it half up, we decided that we could make the same type of skirt for half the price and I could still get the sleeves that I want. I really like sleeves Razz. But it was really cool to get a visual of what the gown can look like for the wedding.

Bridesmaide shopping went decent. We didn't really find anything we loved. We found pieces we liked, a sleeve on this dress, a skirt on that dress, a top on another, the fabric from a fourth dress. But there wasn't one dress that everyone loved and had all the elements we wanted. But it was still kinda fun Smile .

I'm still waiting on the veil fabric. I'm determined to have my veil out of the shawl fabric for Padme's Picnic gown. Can't wait to get it. Smile

RebelSenator ()
Active Legion Member

Celebration Anaheim (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see it coming together in my mind. The corset would look very nice with style of skirt bottom pictured. I like the idea of having sleeves. I always think I photograph better in sleeves than without so I would want sleeves as well.
You are going to make a beautiful bride and I hope you create the dress you hope for!
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what the dress looks like with the corset.

My mom and I figured out yesterday how to make it work for what we wanted. So excited about this Smile .

Mieal Deneb (Rachel Orange)
Active Legion Member

Droid Wranglers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is going to look very lovely when you have it done. (Happy birthday, btw!) Sleeves are good! Wink
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My fiancee would say I'm justifying my opinion, but I'm SO happy to have you guys agree with me about sleeves!

I was just informed that my veil fabric has been purchased! So looking forward to getting it!

THANK YOU LISA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally was able to check the mail yesterday and there was wonderful package! The shawl/veil fabric bought for me by Lisa had arrived Smile . So happy Smile .

Now I have to start working on a mockup of the dress. That is the project for the next few weeks. REALLY need to start working on this so it can be done by June. That is our dress making deadline.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Padme All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: