Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=0b7abf46ce3b5f38eccc4f23896f3104Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Pilot Leia

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Leia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Princess Liz Fett (Liz Welsh)
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:39 pm    Post subject: Pilot Leia Reply with quote

I found this image of Leia as a Y-wing Pilot on wookieepedia. Would this be an acceptable costume? I'll try to find the source of where this picture is from.

Rebel Legion Reserve

Celebration Anaheim (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:42 pm    Post subject: Source Reply with quote

Ah, I just found out the source. Star Wars Galaxy Series 5. I don't know if this is considered a canon source or not
Swfangirl ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 9 (View more...)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the white pilot leia outfit from the comic, I think that would be a a neat one to do. http://www.wired.com/geekmom/2013/01/dark-horse-star-wars/

[/img][/url]
Blue (Beth)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd have to do some more checking, but with only one reference source, the costume would be informal.
WedgeAntilles (James Norman)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Star Wars Galaxy cards are not canon sources.

The white/gray pilot outfit from the new Star Wars series may qualify for formal if the required sources are there and they're consistent. I haven't kept up on the new Star Wars series since its not out or newly out in trade paperbacks.
RebelSenator ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a neat costume. Would be fun to do. Seems like the one from Galaxy series 5 could be formal as an xwing pilot?? but not as a face character.
Rebel Legion Reserve

Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:33 pm    Post subject: Pilot Leia Reply with quote

Thanks everyone Smile I would be fine with informal, it seems fair. Whenever I start a pilot costume (which may be a long time from now) I'll consider this one
PLeia ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the idea. I think I will make the Macaron hair-style when asking for my pilot approval ^^
leiasolosinger (Teresa Bolwerk)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if it would count as a reference to help move it towards formal, but Leia does fly an X-wing in the Splinter of the Mind's Eye novel. I have been planning this costume too.
theeviltwin ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
TFA LFL Red Carpet World Premiere (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had this XWing Leia (as well as the Jaina Solo one) in mind when I put this together for fun for CE2.

I was curious to see what reactions it would get, especially whether it would be identified as Han and it very much was. Everyone who referred to me did so as Han without any prompting. I have a Han costume, I have an Xwing pilot costume, I put them together, added a customised black flight suit (added bloodstripes) and that was it. The costume was only really for fun.

Here's a question no-one has asked - if you put together a costume with exactly the details in the Xwing Leia pictures, wouldn't you at least be approvable as a generic pilot? You would have to do it with standard pilot parts (e.g. add the pockets the artist has missed, etc.). But isn't it just standard pilot plus gunbelt, blaster, helmet markings and buns? Is there an issue with adding any of those details (really just blaster an buns) to a generic pilot?

And will it make any difference to whether the public think you are a random pilot or Leia whatever your RL costume profile says..?

Good Luck
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Leia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: