Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=79b1cfa18add2bf5f988ce7a5028924bMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Saber Showcase

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Nar Shaddaa Base -> Temple of the Howling Moon
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tymae Yarmoo ()
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:41 pm    Post subject: Saber Showcase Reply with quote

Not sure if anyone has started a thread like this already, so I just decided to start one myself. All Jedi carry a light saber and we love to show them off. I am sure that most of us do not just own one and do not bring them all out to every event. I figured I would start this thread as a way for us to showcase our saber collections.
Whether your saber is bought or built, it is a part of you and you have a special reason for having it. So by all means, let’s play show and tell!!

I have named this saber The Knight. I built it from TCSS parts. It has a few parts powder coated for some color and style. TCSS machined the switch box hole but I drilled and tapped the covertec and blade set screws myself. It has a green LED and a 32” Corbin style blade. I just finished this saber. This is Tymae Yarmoo's saber and my pride and joy at the moment. This is the saber I will carry at all future events.

This saber I named The Agent. When I first discovered TCSS I bought some parts but realized I had no idea what I was doing. The parts I bought were not going to work for what I envisioned. The Knight is what I wanted to build and eventually I did. The Agent is the result of figuring out what else I could do with the first set of parts I bought. I made this saber sleek and smaller, the way an undercover agent might choose to make a saber. I drilled and tapped the switch box myself as well as the blade screw and shroud crew. I made the shroud from the TCSS tube material they sell and painted it. It has a blue LED and a shorter Corbin style blade (28”).

This saber is an Ultra Saber that I modified. It started out as a Shock model and I added the Archon style emitter and pommel. I then swapped out the neck for a coupler piece to make it more solid. I wrapped the switch with leather to give it a nice grip and some more style.

This is an Ultra Saber Standard Issue. It is the very first saber I bought after I discovered Ultra Sabers. I was not really sure of the company and wanted to see what the quality was like so I ordered one of their cheaper models. It is a simple design but solid and well built. The name and simplicity suggest to a saber that was mass produced for war times as either a back-up saber for Jedi masters or a stop-gap saber for a Padawan in need. If and when I get into sparring, this is the saber I will use.

This is an Ultra Saber Initiate V2. It is small and simple but very cool saber. This saber is very solid and I have used it to spar with my kids in the basement. It takes a lot of abuse and keeps on going.

These are the Initiate V3 sabers I bought for my kids. How could a father say no? Vincent wanted purple and Christopher wanted orange. They have a lot of fun with these (under supervision of course).

This is an Ultra Saber Dominix V2. I bought this to scratch a Dark Side itch. I added the claw and leather wrapped the handle over a series of O-rings to give it a distinct look. I pretend I confiscated it from a Sith Lord (don't judge me, you know you would do the same thing.)

This was my first attempt as making a saber. I had left over parts from Ultra Sabers and bought a body and the guts to try my hand as sabersmithing. I tried a bunch of different things I read about on forums including olive oil weathering. This was also the very first attempt I made at soldering wires. This saber looks like it has had a rough life. It is not as cool as other sabers I own, but it has a lot of character.

All together now. Yes, I was a saber junky long before joining Rebel Legion.

OK, you have seen my toys. Tell me what you think, or show us whacha-got. …
hartss ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

excellent idea, and a very nice collection. i especially like the leather wrapped one. ill definately put some pics of mine on
now we need to teach you how to use it
in fact an idea has just sprung to mind. we could be the first base in the legion where all of our jedi actually know how to use there sabre

jedi academy anyone
Tymae Yarmoo ()
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to learn how to saber fight. Definately something to work on as a group. But in the mean time, show and tell will be fun, too. It was the only thing I got an A in in school. Razz
hartss ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heres my shock from ultra sabers
[img][/img]

heres my first dueling saber. it was called a rifter from ultrasabers. they dont make it anymore it was just a plain silver hilt. i added some metal tube, o rings and the emitter is off the leg of the drum set from rock band. this sabre servbed me well. it has took a huge beating at demos and has just been retired from use
[img][/img]
Tymae Yarmoo ()
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love that second one. I have never seen that before. The additions you added look amazing. It truly looks like it just fell out of the movies.
hartss ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heres my lightsaber dagger

[img][/img]
Tymae Yarmoo ()
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all. I have two more sabers to show off that I finished recently.....

This one I call my Old Republic saber. My idea was this...if Luke's saber from ROTJ is inspired by Obi Wan's which is based on an ancient design...this is that ancient design. I wanted it to look like a simplified version of Luke's saber. It has a cyan blade and a slight patina finish I created with Birchwood Casey Aluminum Black (used sparingly). This saber feels great in the hands and would be good for fighting.

This one is another "bad guy" saber. I call it The Dark Prince. I have had this idea in my head of a Dark Jedi that is also a nobleman, kind of like Dooku but more flamboyant. I wanted this saber to look like the Bentley of hilts. It has some gold and black powder coating and a brass activation box with an accent LED. The blade is Ultra Sabers' special color Bane's Heart which did not photograph well. It has a very deep magenta/hot pink look to it which is very cool and suits the hilt well. This saber was a labor of love and well worth it, in my opinion.

Last edited by Tymae Yarmoo () on Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tymae Yarmoo ()
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the double post but I almost forgot this one...

This is a re-work. It is the same saber you see above in my first post. I had tried doing olive oil weathering to it. It came out ok but ultimately I was not happy with it. I decided to redo it so I removed the olive oil finish with steel wool and refinished it with Birchwood Casey Aluminum Black. Some of the original finish is still in the grooves which gives it a nice gold inlay look. I am now happy with this hilt. I think it looks like a saber that was found in the tomb of an ancient Sith Lord.
Schph Gochi (Phyllis Schulte)
Assistant Membership Officer

Medals: 16 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

found your thread Tim...
I was looking in the wrong place...
you ought to put this thread out in the public area of NSB and not hide your talent under a basket...
lol...

these are GREAT!

Nice stuff!!

and...

you all pretty much saw my lightsaber collection in the case at the Joliet Library this year...

they were all mine except for the Darth Sidious...

http://livefromthegalaxyfarfaraway.blogspot.com/
hartss ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a very nice collection Tim, I know where to go when I want a custom saber. You definitely have talent

Phyllis how did I miss yours, where was it

I think I have the least number of sabers out of everybody
Tymae Yarmoo ()
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you both for the kind words.

If either of you thinks this thread should be put somewhere else and can or wants to move it, feel free to put it in a more appropriate place.

If you think I should just start it over somewhere else to better show these off and generate more interest, I can do that, too.

Just let me know what you would like me to do.
Schph Gochi (Phyllis Schulte)

Medals: 16 (View more...)
Droid Wranglers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that the only people who can see into this forum is full RL members only...
and..
your sabers are so beautiful...
I think you should put a thread in the regular NSB forums where members and non members alike can view...

John...
my sabers were in the case in the lobby of the Library...
I set them up in there about a month prior to the June 1 event...
they were there to grab attention to the event...
I actually had a couple more...but there was really not room for all of them and I knew I was wearing Jedi so I kept out my "character saber" that I generally carry...

http://livefromthegalaxyfarfaraway.blogspot.com/
Tymae Yarmoo ()
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will build a new thread with all of these pictures and pictures on the NSB general folder.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Nar Shaddaa Base -> Temple of the Howling Moon All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: