About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=b69d3e0140435ece6e2f283ea5cea304Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Forming a Detachment: IMPERIAL KNIGHTS - SOUND OFF
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sugar Jedi (Jason Vey)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 9:34 pm    Post subject: Forming a Detachment: IMPERIAL KNIGHTS - SOUND OFF Reply with quote

So I just got my formal approval for my Imperial Knight costume and I wanted to put out a call to see how many approved IKs we have in the Legion. I know of six total:

1. Sugar Jedi (me)
2. The Clone Emperor
3. Princess Sandy
4. Tusken Lady
5. Miss Jaina
6. Ronime

Eventually, as we get more Knights in the Legion I'm thinking it would be nice to have our own detachment. I intend this thread to be the first step towards that--we need to have a certain minimum number (20, per the charter) before we can do anything else!

Hopefully I'm not overstepping my bounds by exploring this.

"A Jedi knight!? Jeez, I'm out of it for a little while, and everyone gets delusions of grandeur!"
The Sugar Jedi formerly known as The Grey Elf
KJO (Blumfruit Temple)
Echo Base (Western PA)

Last edited by Sugar Jedi (Jason Vey) on Thu May 30, 2013 6:57 pm; edited 3 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
neimhaille ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just finally had access to hard copies of Legacy and just absolutely in love with the Imperial Knights- liked them before but now I'm just getting a tad obsessed Smile Especially Azlyn Rae. Absolutely keen on getting one made and approved Smile
Sugar Jedi (Jason Vey)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having just gone through the approval process I'd be happy to help out with insights and advice. Feel free to PM me--I can hopefully help you to avoid my mistakes!

"A Jedi knight!? Jeez, I'm out of it for a little while, and everyone gets delusions of grandeur!"
KJO (Blumfruit Temple)
Echo Base (Western PA)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sugar Jedi (Jason Vey)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, then. I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that there's only the four of us!

KJO (Blumfruit Temple)
Echo Base (Western PA)
Ryss (Rachel)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is definitely a wishlist costume for me! Someday I do plan to make it...

TD/BH-5531
Sugar Jedi (Jason Vey)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ryss wrote:
This is definitely a wishlist costume for me! Someday I do plan to make it...

Again, per the Charter, we need a minimum of 20 Knights to form our own detachment. There is someone here on the boards that fabricates the IK armor. I'm loathe to publish the name/UserID publicly without direct permission but the suits are exceptionally nice and reasonably priced. A bit of search-fu should turn up some info for you on that, or perhaps the armor maker would care to post here. Wink.

I'm also glad to offer advice based on my own experiences recently. The costume is complex and the standards for it are tight, but it's definitely do-able and it looks awesome when done.

KJO (Blumfruit Temple)
Echo Base (Western PA)
SithariRog (Roger Allen)
Legion Membership Officer
Legion Membership Officer

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be painful, but you could look through all of the Jedi Memebers section and see how many Imperial Knights there are. There's about 90 "pages" to look through. Last time I did it (a couple weeks ago), it took me an hour or so...very boring. Still..that would tell you how many IK's we have.

I thought about doing an IK at some point Wink

Past Offices: Asst. LMO, Legion Costume Judge, DCO KJO, BCO Tranquility Base
Sugar Jedi (Jason Vey)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SithariRog wrote:
It would be painful, but you could look through all of the Jedi Memebers section and see how many Imperial Knights there are. There's about 90 "pages" to look through. Last time I did it (a couple weeks ago), it took me an hour or so...very boring. Still..that would tell you how many IK's we have.

Not a bad idea at all. Done, and first post updated.

We have six--Miss Jaina's Marisiah Fel counts even though she's not in armor; she is indeed one of the Imperial Knights.

Quote:
I thought about doing an IK at some point Wink

That seems to be a common refrain. There's TONS of people who have it in their "some day" or "wish list" costume queue. Gives me hope that some day we might have a detachment.

KJO (Blumfruit Temple)
Echo Base (Western PA)
BedlamX (Tommy Sutton)
Dantooine Base CO
Dantooine Base CO

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like so many others, I'd love to do one. Went so far as to buy the armor, buy some leather pants (used to allow non-ribbed pants at one point), and build a saber. Armor didn't fit (was way too big for me so sold it to someone else), sold the saber to a friend who needed one, and didn't feel like messing with the pants...so the costume got dropped from the queue. Sad
Sugar Jedi (Jason Vey)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BedlamX wrote:
Like so many others, I'd love to do one. Went so far as to buy the armor, buy some leather pants (used to allow non-ribbed pants at one point), and build a saber. Armor didn't fit (was way too big for me so sold it to someone else), sold the saber to a friend who needed one, and didn't feel like messing with the pants...so the costume got dropped from the queue. Sad

That's a shame--with your looks you could do an AMAZING Treis Sinde!

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Treis_Sinde

KJO (Blumfruit Temple)
Echo Base (Western PA)
Magnius ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i figure in the fall i shall do soem working on this ....
Amidalas (dawn bright)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

2013 Christmas Toys for Tots Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two folks from my base (myself included) are working on buying the plastic parts. So hopefully youll have 2 more within the years end Smile

Amidala Invasion Gown Guide: http://queenamidalasabe.blogspot.com/
PCT VADER ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Boston Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm also working on one down under. Armor ordered and working on the suit design ATM so hopefully that's another IK within 12 months. I love the design on this costume so it falls into my "no matter what I have to have one" category Smile
Amidalas (dawn bright)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

2013 Christmas Toys for Tots Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me and a friend are doing the soft parts at this time. I noticed that they only take a week if you order? (maybe it was a bit longer) Very Happy

Amidala Invasion Gown Guide: http://queenamidalasabe.blogspot.com/
Sugar Jedi (Jason Vey)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm considering doing a few modifications to my tunic and am actually still working on getting the rigging for my armor just-so. Getting there, but man, it has been a learning process!

If I can offer any advice I'm happy to do so! I'd love to see us get enough IKs in the Legion to rock our own detachment!

KJO (Blumfruit Temple)
Echo Base (Western PA)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: