About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=4992b7a6116346fc334c0152f514ce4cMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

****RL PBS Kids Fun Fest TROOP Sat, June 8th****

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Mountain Base -> Mountain Base Members Only -> Mountain Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ozz ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 8:41 pm    Post subject: ****RL PBS Kids Fun Fest TROOP Sat, June 8th**** Reply with quote

*********I am locking this topic and moving it to the archives for the time being***********

Hey guys.
I have been working on, and have arranged a troop for The Rebel Legion to host in Acacia Park, downtown Colorado Springs. This will be through PBS. (Sesame Street etc...) I have been in contact with them for a few years now, and received an invite to go again this year. This is the second year for this event and has alot of potential. Last year, they were nice enough to feed us and were really appreciative to have us there. This contact has promise to lead to different troops in the future, and is a yearly event.

I have had a few friends tell me that this was their most favorite troop of the year!

It will not be cannon, but please keep in mind, there will be a "bucket on" rule while in the public. If you have a question if what you want to wear will be appropriate or not, please ask. We will have a booth on a corner where we can have a banner, promotional tools, and props. This will be a good chance to really promote the RL, not only through the event, but they will be running TV spots for us as well through now, until the event day. You are more than welcome to bring kids, but they will not be allowed in the changing areas. This is not my rule, but theirs. It is to "protect" the identity of their own characters. We will have a special place for Parking and it will be free for us, as long as we can make it there by 9:00.
Weapons are OK.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Colin,

My name is Keanna and I am coordinating the Rocky Mountain Kids Fun Fest this year. Last year, your Star Wars group was a huge hit at our event and we would love to have your group back again this year!

Kids Fun Fest 2013

Saturday, June 8

Acacia Park

10 AM-2 PM

The event will follow the exact same format as last year including location and time. We will once again be working with Friends of Uncle Wilber Foundation for the opening of the Uncle Wilber Fountain which draws families from the entire southern Colorado region. There will be bounce houses, PBS characters, on stage entertainment and approximately 60 booth with activities for children. As is the tradition, this event will be free and open to the public and we hope to top the 5000 attendance mark from last year.

Please let me know if you are available for Kids Fun Fest again this year. I am looking forward to hearing from you as we would love to promote your group.

Thank you so much for helping to make Kids Fun Fest an event to remember. We have had several requests from other booths and from expected attendees who inquire about your presence at the event.

We will place your booth in the exact same location as last year.

Please plan for your booth folks to be on site at Acacia Park from 9 AM-2:30 PM (which includes set-up and tear down time). We will again have several rooms available for your group in getting into and out of costume, as well as a “cool down spot”.

As we get closers to the event we will send you a map with complete information on where your booth will be located, parking instructions and more.

Thank you Colin,
Keanna[/color]
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

If you have any questions, let me know.
I will send out maps, as soon as I get them.
Please post your intended costume when signing up below:
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Mountain Base -> Mountain Base Members Only -> Mountain Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: