Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=0d42495cc3c0eb4e73a6ee0769f46eb8Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Hi from New Orleans

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Dagobah Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
detenten ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 6:58 pm    Post subject: Hi from New Orleans Reply with quote

I hope it's not against forum rules to introduce myself...

I'm an avid costumer living in New Orleans. I have an Oola completed, I just need an occasion to paint up and get some pictures of it to try for Rebel Legion approval! I am an Underlord in Chewbacchus for the Krewe of Really Awesome Parodies-- KRAP. We did Spaceballs last year and our subkrewe theme this year is "Star Wreck and Star Wh*res." We plan to do a run of resin-cast slave Leia bikinis (which would be great if they are good enough for RL approval, but no telling yet!)

I will pose a question for discussion though: All the events seem quite kid-centric. I want to stick with being a Twilek, but Oola is not really a kid-appropriate costume. Generic Twilek dancer is pretty out, too, since they are sexy and skimpy.

What kind of Twilek costume could I draw up that would be RL standards? I was looking at generic Jedi but I don't really like all the robes, tabbards, undershirts and such. I'd like to do an orange Twilek, but unfortunately there's no face or named orange twileks-- just Ahsoka, who is a Togruta, and would require an entire different head piece!

Any ideas? Very Happy
Princess Sandy ()
Legion XO
Legion XO

Medals: 2 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Rachel!!! Thanks for contacting me on Facebook Smile

Oola is a great costume but yes unfortunately, cannot be worn to events due to the nature of the costume, but, you could wear it at certain conventions like Dragon Con, etc. There are costumes that you could get approved as a twilek in the Rebel Legion that are not skimpy. You can be a twilek jedi as you have already mentioned. You can also be a twilek pilot as well! I would encourage you to visit the Rebel Supporters section of our forum:
http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=29

There you will find other alien races to speak with about costumes and such. You could think about doing an Astraal Vao costume, which is a female twilek in blue body paint with a nice white outfit. Look her up online and see what you think. Wink

Ofcourse you are always welcome to post on here or to ask questions! But make sure to stop by in the Rebel Supporter section too and post there as well because that will be where you will be spending your time talking to fellow costumers who share your interests. Cool
www.facebook.com/PrincessSandy41280
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sabeaux ()
Dagobah Base CO
Dagobah Base CO

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi and welcome to the boards. You came to the right place to have questions answered. As bases go, Dagobah has some of the most unique costumes approved by the Rebel Legion. One of them is an Oola. Our members do tons of research, so I'm sure they would be more than helpful in your decision of what costume to do. Please keep us posted on your progress or if any help is needed.

"Nothing personal....a contract is a contract!"
detenten ()

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the warm welcome ^_^ I went straight to those forums and found an orange Twi'lek!

Rianna Saren... now I have a thread going to see if she'd be RL approvable, since she isn't in the movies, just games...
Princess Sandy ()
Legion XO
Legion XO

Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool! let us know how that goes!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
reela (Jeffrey Corbello)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome and good luck with the approvals.
halyonix ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome! what about aayla secura?
detenten ()

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another noob question: Is there a way to view all the RL costumes in Dagobah base?

I kind of want to pick something that our base doesn't have, or at least doesn't have many of!

Are there any glaring gaps in the roster, so to speak?
Princess Sandy ()
Legion XO
Legion XO

Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.rebellegion.com/base.php?b=52

if you click on that link, you can see all the members in Dagobah base and their costumes.
detenten ()

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Super helpful, thank you!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Dagobah Base All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: